First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fed up Parent

Old Bridge, NJ

#1 Sep 28, 2012
Please tell me why just when you think it could not get any worse at the Stanhope school it does. We start the school year off with almost no office staff because everyone leaves due to poor treatment by the Administration, then we get an Interim Principal for 1 lousy month and then they go and hire another Principal but for only 1 year. Why do they continue to have inconsistency in that building for our children? Then yesterday, police there because of an issue with the school photographer and inproper pics? Are you kidding me. And he was recommended to the school by the BOE President. This just has to stop. How many other inproper things have to happen in that building before the County steps in???????
What

Denville, NJ

#2 Sep 28, 2012
Where is this info coming from? I know the photographer personally, what is rumored to have happened?
Christopher Palmieri

Montague, NJ

#3 Sep 29, 2012
Fed up Parent wrote:
Then yesterday, police there because of an issue with the school photographer and inproper pics? Are you kidding me. And he was recommended to the school by the BOE President. This just has to stop. How many other inproper things have to happen in that building before the County steps in???????
I am the school photographer, the incident was my employe had his phone out in the bathroom and a student thought he took a picture. The student went to office and I would think it would be protocol to have police come and make sure nothing in properer was done. There was nothing, to say I am personally devastated by this incident would be a under statement, I grew up in Byram and have been in business since 1989. I am a very stronger support of all the youth organizations in our area, and something like this with rumors will put me out of business. I am sure I will not be welcomed back to Stanhope school next year, and now that I see this I am sure that may spread. I love what I do, working with the kids I always have fun and they make me laugh. I love when I go on a job and almost all the kids know me and are happy to see me because I have been taking there picture since PreK. I donated over $10,000 last year to the kids of Netcong, Stanhope and Byram.
Town Resident

Bergenfield, NJ

#4 Sep 29, 2012
How well do you know your employee ? Do you run a background check on your employees ? I have had a cellphone for 18 years and can honestly say I have rarely used it in a public restroom. You sound like a repectful business owner but maybe those items should be addressed.Not how much you have donated to the children. Sandusky is still to fresh on everyones minds.
Christopher Palmieri

Montague, NJ

#5 Sep 29, 2012
Town Resident wrote:
How well do you know your employee ? Do you run a background check on your employees ? I have had a cellphone for 18 years and can honestly say I have rarely used it in a public restroom. You sound like a repectful business owner but maybe those items should be addressed.Not how much you have donated to the children. Sandusky is still to fresh on everyones minds.
I have already started the process on Friday of having myself and all current employes finger printed and obtaining background checks to present to all future jobs.
I know the employe very well and it was very poor judgment using a phone in a bathroom but that is all it was if it was more this discussion would be on the local police blotter. I am a father of 3 and I mention the amount I donate to the local children because if rumors are spread I will not be there to donate that money. The company's that will replace me will be national or outside our community and the check you write on picture day will go with them outside your community. Being a father I know how important it is to keep your children involved in programs like Baseball, Football, Cheerleading ect. these activity's keep our children busy and safe a child with to much time on there hands sometimes find the wrong things to occupy their time.
Town Resident

Bergenfield, NJ

#6 Sep 29, 2012
No disrespect to you Mr Palmieri the fact that our Board of education president and other individuals in charge of running the school didn't ask these questions before hand ,is the issue that needs to be addressed.It will be interesting to see if there is any accountability on their behalf.
mike

Hopatcong, NJ

#7 Sep 29, 2012
if you want to make a change for the board of education. i sugguest you run. all you hear is gina this and gina that.run for the board if you want change. it is easy to take a back seat and complain about the board
Stay on subject

Woodcliff Lake, NJ

#8 Sep 30, 2012
Town resident it just looks like you have a bone to pick with the board. If you haven't noticed, the board has been changing members over the past few years. Lets hope it's for the better. But it doesn't happen overnight, it takes time.
From Chris's response it looks like he got in front of this issue and is taking the steps he needs to, to insure that not only his business is protected but also the organizations he services are protected. If the police investigated already and found no fault, then let's move on and learn. Now me mentioning the police doesn't mean to change the focus to them.
I know I have seen Chris for baseball and football, and found he and his staff very polite and never had any issues.
Town Resident

Bergenfield, NJ

#9 Sep 30, 2012
Hope isnt the answer. Sorry if I made a valid point about doing background checks before anyone is allowed access to the kids in our schoolsystem. Chris himself is doing the right by having his employees undergo them.You are right I do have a problem with Stupid people reguardless of who they are and what position they hold.
Stay on subject

Woodcliff Lake, NJ

#10 Sep 30, 2012
Town resident, run for the board. But calling the people on the board accomplishes nothing. As far as hope not being the answer, we won't know until we give theses new members a chance.. But you are showing your childeshness with the name calling.
Concerned Parent

Monroe, NY

#11 Oct 3, 2012
Mr. Palmieri,
You indicate in your posts that he was just using his phone and no pictures were taken. It has been said that there were pictures of the boys, in the bathroom, found on his phone. If this is so, please explain why he would take their pictures in the bathroom. Also, please explain why you indicate that he was just "using" his phone.
An Insider

United States

#12 Oct 3, 2012
There were 100% absolutely at least 1 picture of an 8 year old boy on this guys phone. There is never a good reason to Ever be taking a photo of a child you don't know, let alone a picture on the bathroom. There is no excuse. And the way it was handled by the school was really kind of pathetic.
Town Resident

Bergenfield, NJ

#13 Oct 3, 2012
Stay on subject wrote:
Town resident, run for the board. But calling the people on the board accomplishes nothing. As far as hope not being the answer, we won't know until we give theses new members a chance.. But you are showing your childeshness with the name calling.
Who is calling anyone names did I single out anyone? Read the headlines everyday, anyone who has access to our school kids shoulod pass a background and criminal check.Someone didn't do
there job properly. Imagine the lawsuit if someone was indeed a
child molester or sexual predator and a crime did occur.
For the Children

Bergenfield, NJ

#14 Oct 3, 2012
Town Resident wrote:
No disrespect to you Mr Palmieri the fact that our Board of education president and other individuals in charge of running the school didn't ask these questions before hand ,is the issue that needs to be addressed.It will be interesting to see if there is any accountability on their behalf.
I totally agree with you.........Being a Parent I am very concerned about this and so should every other Parent. I also do not wish an disrespect to Mr. Palmieri, however, the issue at hand here is that every single Vendor and/or Business that involves your children needs to have a background check in place. I happen to own a business in the area and a background check is done every single year on myself along with my fingerprints. The same should be done for all that attend any function that has to do with your child, my child, and all of our children.
For the Children

Bergenfield, NJ

#15 Oct 3, 2012
Stay on subject wrote:
Town resident it just looks like you have a bone to pick with the board. If you haven't noticed, the board has been changing members over the past few years. Lets hope it's for the better. But it doesn't happen overnight, it takes time.
From Chris's response it looks like he got in front of this issue and is taking the steps he needs to, to insure that not only his business is protected but also the organizations he services are protected. If the police investigated already and found no fault, then let's move on and learn. Now me mentioning the police doesn't mean to change the focus to them.
I know I have seen Chris for baseball and football, and found he and his staff very polite and never had any issues.
Gina....get a grip on what is really going on!
Interesting

Randolph, NJ

#16 Oct 3, 2012
Well I heard this was not an employee of Mr. Palmiere it was his son that snapped the picture that makes me wonder about the photographer. When asked in a post above if he knew the employee well he said yes very and not offering up the fact that it was his son not very honest and if he really cared he would not have waited until some thing happened to get the background checks done, he is doing it so he can overcome what his son did and cover his butt. So I am not so quick to blame the board. Look what happened with the new principal. That guy was hired and no one met him except Cleary that is in complete violation of what the board said. I heard that at back to school night the board members that were there got the news when we all did and a few were very pissed.
Another pissed off parent

Washington, NJ

#17 Oct 4, 2012
What??? Cleary hired a principal without the board meeting him or discussing it? How is that legal??
Can this please be grounds to get rid of her too? Because I'm not very far from pulling my kids out and homeschooling them. Cleary has to go, Regina has to go, and we need some actual leadership.
Cleary has no idea what her rights are, as superintendent. She has had to ask office staff if an issue was "her decision" or not. She has also never worked in a public school before, from what I understand.
When is someone going to take the situation by the balls and actually clean house, for the sake of our children?
No Worries

Bergenfield, NJ

#18 Oct 5, 2012
Hey Mr Palmieri you have nothing to be concerned about even if anything did occur as long as you are in with Gina you can do no wrong. Cleary will tell everyone it was in the best interest of the chidren and everything will be resolved.
sick

Landing, NJ

#19 Oct 7, 2012
You think is bad??? Look at what is going on at St. Michael and that new principle they hired over there!! Now how there has not been a major uproar from the parents is beyond me!! They are trying really hard to keep that hush hush!!
Another pissed off parent

Washington, NJ

#20 Oct 7, 2012
Hahaha. That's why I laugh at people that send their kids to st. Michaels. Father nick is a jerk off, and extremely shady.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanhope Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stanhope parking on the road when it's snowing? Jan 14 Wondering 1
Netcong School trying to drown taxpayers in 201... (May '16) Jan 11 The Voters 67
School bus stop at Acorn Street and Rt. 206 Jan 10 Isacat 1
Netcong Board of Education (Jul '15) Jan 7 George 2
News Attorney: Hopatcong officer had no choice but t... Jan 4 Youaredumb 8
Fanuccis (Jun '16) Dec 22 Pedophile Patamia 12
idiot with all the christmas lights in stanhope (Dec '09) Dec 22 Netcongmomof3 33

Stanhope Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stanhope Mortgages