“she may be a murderer, but....”

Since: Dec 07

she'll ensure U cant prove it

#5906 Apr 23, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> I knew the Bulls would play better defense....Williams and Lopez were shut down last night... Those two need to have great games night in and night out in order for them to have a chance.... I did pick the Bulls to win the series despite their injuries...... It's going to be close, but defense usually wins out in the end.
they did a good job preventing the Nets from getting second shots but their shooting wasn't exactly stellar either. The Nets beat themselves. Their pulse is the backcourt; if both of those guys go cold, they will not beat anybody regardless of what Lopez does
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5907 Apr 23, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
Questions:
1. Home cooking distort what kind of team the Knicks are? There has to be something that you can measure the Knicks by. Pressure without 'home cooking' is a good way to measure a team especially at home.
2. What are the small things that Kidd does that counts?
3. When Kidd fouled Green with the score 71-69 would that may have changed the game? Do we still the game if that foul is called and there were other after that.
I can't speak for other Knick fans but I don't like winning like that. When the MVP is sitting on bench I wonder how you can win.
For your 1st question, every team with home court has some type of advantage. Like I said before and I will say it again, when the Knicks travel to Boston for games 3 and 4, you count the missed calls and bad calls that go against the Knicks.

For the 2nd question, Jason Kidd provides outside shooting , low turnovers and most importantly playoff experience. Sure he is a little old, but this guy has been through the wars. Believe me he will come up big for them when you least expect him too and I hope he does.

As for the last question, in my opinion I have no idea if they would have won if the foul was called. I know one thing though, the Knicks defense was great in the 2nd half overall and no missed foul call can take that away.

You don't want to win that way? So you rather them lose in the playoffs instead of win? Im sorry, but this is where it counts and the other teams don't want to go home. We all knew this was going to be a close and physical series. You win at any cost because at the end of the day it's all about winning. I'm happy for them winning and the Knicks fans who have been loyal after all these years. If you don't want them to win like this and that then I don't know what to tell you lol. Just sit back and try to be happy for them lol.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5908 Apr 23, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
they did a good job preventing the Nets from getting second shots but their shooting wasn't exactly stellar either. The Nets beat themselves. Their pulse is the backcourt; if both of those guys go cold, they will not beat anybody regardless of what Lopez does
I don't think they beat theirselves at all because the Bulls just put that defense on them. During the season, I said the Nets were a good team, but they are missing a couple of pieces to get deep in the playoffs.

Even though I said the Bulls would win this series, I give the Nets a chance because they do have more weapons than the Bulls. Usually the better defensive teams come out on top and this may be the case.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5909 Apr 23, 2013
Tonight is game 2 Knicks fans and expect another close game between these two teams. The Celtics will make adjustments and so will the Knicks.

I expect the Knicks to shoot better from the field.tonight unlike game one. Melo I know is going to shoot better and get to the free throw line more. J.R Smith will have a bounce back game. Congratulations to him for winning the 6th man.award which was well deserved. Kenyon and Chandler have to be ready because im sure K.G is going to be even more aggressive along with Peirce. What will the Knicks do about Jeff Green? We shall see.

With all that being said, I expect the Knicks to win tonight and take a 2- 0 series lead. Ricky, just sit back and relax lol. Remember what I said about Kidd and it may happen tonight.
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#5910 Apr 23, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> For your 1st question, every team with home court has some type of advantage. Like I said before and I will say it again, when the Knicks travel to Boston for games 3 and 4, you count the missed calls and bad calls that go against the Knicks.
For the 2nd question, Jason Kidd provides outside shooting , low turnovers and most importantly playoff experience. Sure he is a little old, but this guy has been through the wars. Believe me he will come up big for them when you least expect him too and I hope he does.
As for the last question, in my opinion I have no idea if they would have won if the foul was called. I know one thing though, the Knicks defense was great in the 2nd half overall and no missed foul call can take that away.
You don't want to win that way? So you rather them lose in the playoffs instead of win? Im sorry, but this is where it counts and the other teams don't want to go home. We all knew this was going to be a close and physical series. You win at any cost because at the end of the day it's all about winning. I'm happy for them winning and the Knicks fans who have been loyal after all these years. If you don't want them to win like this and that then I don't know what to tell you lol. Just sit back and try to be happy for them lol.
You ever heard of the word 'Competition'? You ever heard of the word 'Heart'(when it come to sports)? Your post shows what era you were born. Competition use to mean something to sports and the people playing them. In my heart I want the Knicks to win because they are good and the best team. NOT FOR HOME COOKING!! As a fan it does nothing for the Knicks to win like that because a Celtic fan can always come up to me and say 'What about those fouls'. WHAT CAN I SAY??? I can't defend them(they were bad). Did the best team win?? Of course you wouldn't know anything about that because your team was the best when you became a fan. Don't sound like you ever played and competitive sports.

As for you don't know what to tell me. You can't tell me anything!! I'm a REAL KNICK FAN!! I know Real BB & BB!! I know talent!! If in your heart you don't know if you are better than the guy that lines up in front of you(without home cooking). You will always have one question 'was I better/did I really win??
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5911 Apr 23, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
You ever heard of the word 'Competition'? You ever heard of the word 'Heart'(when it come to sports)? Your post shows what era you were born. Competition use to mean something to sports and the people playing them. In my heart I want the Knicks to win because they are good and the best team. NOT FOR HOME COOKING!! As a fan it does nothing for the Knicks to win like that because a Celtic fan can always come up to me and say 'What about those fouls'. WHAT CAN I SAY??? I can't defend them(they were bad). Did the best team win?? Of course you wouldn't know anything about that because your team was the best when you became a fan. Don't sound like you ever played and competitive sports.
As for you don't know what to tell me. You can't tell me anything!! I'm a REAL KNICK FAN!! I know Real BB & BB!! I know talent!! If in your heart you don't know if you are better than the guy that lines up in front of you(without home cooking). You will always have one question 'was I better/did I really win??
Well like I told you a while ago, I grew up as a Lakers fan and Kobe is my favorite player. As much as basketball I have watched over the years, the game has changed so much over the years. Yes I know the you have to have heart, desire, a will to win etc, butbut these days money made for the NBA is more important. It's sad but that's what it has came to.

Do you remember when the refs got caught for betting on gamesgames? That was a huge black eye for the NBA. This is what the home cooking comes into play as you called it. I agree with what you are saying about questioning was I better than the team I beat. These teams who have won multiple titles over the past 10 plus years are not caring.because the NBA is a business and we as fans can't control what a team, GM, coach etc does.

I respect the fact that you are old school fan and that's what it's all about, but cut me a little slack lol. Im only 31 years old. What im trying to say is that things are going to happens during games that we question, but what can we do as fans? I saw the Lakers got many calls against them in that 08 Finals and I always questioned did the NBA want the Celtics to win that year because of the Big 3? Lakers did their dirt also especially that series against the Kings and game 7 against the Blazers. Again as fans, what can we do when we know something is wrong?
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5912 Apr 23, 2013
Congrats to the Knicks for the win tonight and that's a 2-0 series lead. Knicks did what they had to do as far as holding down home court.

Melo had another great game after a slow start and J.R Smith is showing why he deserved that 6th man of the year award. Felton had a nice game also. Defensively it was just like game one. 2nd half the Knicks clamped down and also they shot the 3 pointer better like I said they would. Holding a team to 25 fewer points in the 2nd half of both games is impressive. Ricky, that home cooking smelling good isn't it lol.

Again congrats and game 3 is going to be tough because the Boston Garden is.going to be emotional and hyped at the same time. Knicks have to be ready and play through the bad calls which I know they will against them. I expect a close game and we shall see what happens.
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#5913 Apr 24, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Well like I told you a while ago, I grew up as a Lakers fan and Kobe is my favorite player. As much as basketball I have watched over the years, the game has changed so much over the years. Yes I know the you have to have heart, desire, a will to win etc, butbut these days money made for the NBA is more important. It's sad but that's what it has came to.
Do you remember when the refs got caught for betting on gamesgames? That was a huge black eye for the NBA. This is what the home cooking comes into play as you called it. I agree with what you are saying about questioning was I better than the team I beat. These teams who have won multiple titles over the past 10 plus years are not caring.because the NBA is a business and we as fans can't control what a team, GM, coach etc does.
I respect the fact that you are old school fan and that's what it's all about, but cut me a little slack lol. Im only 31 years old. What im trying to say is that things are going to happens during games that we question, but what can we do as fans? I saw the Lakers got many calls against them in that 08 Finals and I always questioned did the NBA want the Celtics to win that year because of the Big 3? Lakers did their dirt also especially that series against the Kings and game 7 against the Blazers. Again as fans, what can we do when we know something is wrong?
Lakers, you don't have to go along with it. If it not a gun to your head you free to voice your opinion. Be a 'Real Fan' and don't go the entertainment. Don't be like the sorry fans that some Knick fans have become. They know everything but really know NOTHING!! Be knowledgeable about the game and players. Think about your statements about Kidd. If Kidd had anything left in his tank don't you know he would be in Dallas. Think about it!!

If you want to be a knowledgeable fan, try harder. Look, observe and be truthful(not what you want but what it really is). Remember, most people don't like the truth.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5914 Apr 24, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
Lakers, you don't have to go along with it. If it not a gun to your head you free to voice your opinion. Be a 'Real Fan' and don't go the entertainment. Don't be like the sorry fans that some Knick fans have become. They know everything but really know NOTHING!! Be knowledgeable about the game and players. Think about your statements about Kidd. If Kidd had anything left in his tank don't you know he would be in Dallas. Think about it!!
If you want to be a knowledgeable fan, try harder. Look, observe and be truthful(not what you want but what it really is). Remember, most people don't like the truth.
I agree with what you are saying and we know there are bigger things that are going on that we don't know about. It's not like im going along with it. Trust me if there was something I could do about certain aspects of the game I would.
I understand where you are coming from and especially when you said you wanted to trade certain players from the Knicks to get better. You were looking toward the future, but these days owners, GM and the new school fans wantwant results right away. That's the mentality and business aspect of it.
As for Kidd, I don't think he has that much left in the tank at all. I just think he is a good veteran back up point guard. Dallas wanted to get rid of those old guys and start fresh. So Kidd, along with J.J Berrea and Stevenson were all expendible. Again it's the business aspect of it.
Knick 4 Life

Bronx, NY

#5915 Apr 25, 2013
NY Knicks all the way!!!

#5916 Apr 25, 2013
Knick 4 Life wrote:
NY Knicks all the way!!!
Cut N Paste..4 Life
Knick 4 Life

Bronx, NY

#5917 Apr 25, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Cut N Paste..4 Life
You smoking drugs and drinking..4 life.

You're very delusional.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5918 Apr 26, 2013
What's up Knicks fan. Tonight is game 3 as the Knicks travel to Boston looking to take a 3-0 series lead. It's going to be a emotional night.

The Knicks will have a tough game tonight because I expect the Celtics to shoot better and play hard for the crowd. I think Carmelo is going to have another great game and I expect J.R also to have another solid game. Don't go to much one on one because that's when the offense gets stagnant and the ball doesn't move like they have been doing.

Defensively Martin and Chandler have to stay out of foul trouble because their will be calls that go against them. Yes RICKY you will see what I was talking about when I told you about how home cooking will go both ways lol. Move the ball around from side to side and you have to hit the open shot.

I expect a close game tonight and I think the Knicks will win this game by 2. Melo with another.huge game and this time maybe close to 40. Let's go Knicks and get this 3-0 series lead.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5919 Apr 26, 2013
Wow congrats Knicks fans for taking a 3-0 series lead after their beat down of the Celtics. It was very impressive in my opinion.

Melo, J.R Smith and Felton had good games especially Felton with the 10 assists. The defense once again stepped up and they had the great ball movement. The outside shooting was even better than the last game which was something they needed.

Ths only bad thing was that Smith got ejected for his elbow to Terry. He should only get fined for that and be ready for game 4. Again congrats Knicks fans and you guys are going for the sweep.
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#5920 Apr 27, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
Wow congrats Knicks fans for taking a 3-0 series lead after their beat down of the Celtics. It was very impressive in my opinion.
Melo, J.R Smith and Felton had good games especially Felton with the 10 assists. The defense once again stepped up and they had the great ball movement. The outside shooting was even better than the last game which was something they needed.
Ths only bad thing was that Smith got ejected for his elbow to Terry. He should only get fined for that and be ready for game 4. Again congrats Knicks fans and you guys are going for the sweep.
Your Lakers pal are also down 3-0 and they look like crap too......lmfao
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5922 Apr 28, 2013
What's up Knicks fans today is game 4 between the Knicks and Celtics. The Knicks are going for the sweep today and their first.playoff series win in a long time.

J.R.Smith did not deserve to be suspended for this game and that's a challenge for them especially on the road against a desperate team. I think Melo is going to have huge game and Felton is going to have a clean game also. The ball movement has to be there like it has been in the last 2 games.

I expect the Celtics to give a gritty effort because they don't want the broom in front of their fans. K.G and Pierce may have good games so it's up to Chandler, Iman and Martin to slow them down. I think Copeland is going to get some more minutes.

So today I think it's going to be a close game. Lol i said last game was going to be close, but it wasn't. Melo is going to have a huge games especially since Smith will be missed. Defense, ball movement and 3 point shooting are going to get the Knicks the win today. This Knicks will win this game and complete sweep 4-0.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5923 Apr 28, 2013
Damn. They came up short Knicks fans, but it was a hell of an effort by them to come back from 20 points down on the road and almost win it.

Melo had a bad shooting game and im .or shocked that the calls were going in favor of the Celtics for most of the game. Also theJ.R Smith suspension really hurt them in certain times especially during that 2nd and early 3 quater.

The rebounding was good and Felton, Iman had good games. The 3 point shooting came on late in the 3rd quater when they were making their run to get back in the game. The Celtics just made some crucial plays in ot to win it.

J.R Smith will be back next game and this time the Celtics won't be getting all those calls in NY. The Garden is going to be rocking and Spike will be waiting. Game 5 can't get here fast enough.

#5924 Apr 29, 2013
Knick 4 Life wrote:
<quoted text>
You smoking drugs and drinking..4 life.
You're very delusional.
yes...and don't forget to hit the 'judge it' feature another 100 times

#5925 Apr 29, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
Damn. They came up short Knicks fans, but it was a hell of an effort by them to come back from 20 points down on the road and almost win it.
Melo had a bad shooting game and im .or shocked that the calls were going in favor of the Celtics for most of the game. Also theJ.R Smith suspension really hurt them in certain times especially during that 2nd and early 3 quater.
The rebounding was good and Felton, Iman had good games. The 3 point shooting came on late in the 3rd quater when they were making their run to get back in the game. The Celtics just made some crucial plays in ot to win it.
J.R Smith will be back next game and this time the Celtics won't be getting all those calls in NY. The Garden is going to be rocking and Spike will be waiting. Game 5 can't get here fast enough.
nice comeback; one too many bricks
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5927 May 1, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
nice comeback; one too many bricks
Yeah you are right and they did this without their second best player and Melo having a horrible game..... Tonight will have a different outcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanfordville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to go? (Jun '15) 1 min southern at heart 10,962
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 4 min Ozzie Malone 2,303
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 12 min the don 39,314
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 13 min Roxie Darling 14,188
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr NYStateOfMind 328,393
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 59,446
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 4 hr Bruser 8,258
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stanfordville Mortgages