Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 316364 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#287088 Feb 26, 2013
It is God.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#287089 Feb 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't DONE the math, Stupid Sassy.
There aren't even 4000 done each day IN this country.
The number of abortions per year is between 800,000 and 1.2 million. Even taking the highest estimate, that is slightly over 3800 per day, countrywide.
Lastest report has PP clinics performing 333,964 of those abortions. 1,200,ooo/333,964 equals 0.278, or rounded up 28%.
PP clinics perform 28% of the abortions done in the US.
And 333,964 abortions done per year is 914 per day, you flocking idiot, NOT "4,000".
I'm REALLY glad I read ahead.

Skanky and her ilk are REALLY stupid things.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#287090 Feb 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way he can be charged with its murder if it dies via the unborn victims of violence laws as I said in my response.
Have you missed all the discussions regarding the unborn victims of violence laws?
So it's a baby only when someone else causes it harm, but when the mother wants it dead it's not.....how convienent.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#287091 Feb 26, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Heya Bit.
Notice how the AC can't decide who they want to blame. Sometimes they blame the woman. But when you ask if they want these women charged with murder, suddenly it's the provider's fault. Now we see NR claiming PP tries to persuade every pregnant woman they see to have an abortion. So, it's PP's fault. Then the blame circles back around to the woman for not using birth control.. Then it's birth control's fault and sex education's fault because these tempt women to have sex and be "irresponsible". And in the end it's Satan's fault, but that doesn't play well in public, so...back to the rotation.
Wow, they use circular logic so often, it looks like a Spirograph. Remember those?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#287092 Feb 26, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Fetus' civil rights do not exist. Not until following a complete birth.
If it has no rights, why is he being charges with assulting it?

Location hidden

#287093 Feb 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't DONE the math, Stupid Sassy.
There aren't even 4000 done each day IN this country.
The number of abortions per year is between 800,000 and 1.2 million. Even taking the highest estimate, that is slightly over 3800 per day, countrywide.
Lastest report has PP clinics performing 333,964 of those abortions. 1,200,ooo/333,964 equals 0.278, or rounded up 28%.
PP clinics perform 28% of the abortions done in the US.
And 333,964 abortions done per year is 914 per day, you flocking idiot, NOT "4,000".
Hey Bit, let break that down one step further, shall we?

There's 820 Planned parenthood clinics in the US.(as of November 2012) in the US.

That's 1.11 per clinic per day.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#287095 Feb 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
If it has no rights, why is he being charges with assulting it?
Because the gestating woman has rights to carry her pregnancy full term. Which, at 8 1/2 months, is damn near full term.

There can't be equal rights between woman and fetus. The countries that provide these see women die with unhealthy pregnancies. Fetus dies right along with her more often than not as well.

Staggering state's rights with gestational age is a middle ground so that women aren't stripped of their rights but a later stage pregnancy is not "electively" aborted for frivolous reasons (like because woman decides she doesn't want to be pregnant anymore).

Location hidden

#287096 Feb 26, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Ohhh boyyy am I Impressed.
LOL
PP doesn't do "cancer screenings".
I don't do "cancer screenings".
I check my breast for lumps as does my ob/gyn. It's no "cancer screening" like PP lied about. A mammography is an official "cancer screening". Even when Dr says I am good to go, he still will send me for a "cancer screening".
You are not only a moron, you are a FKing moron.

"Breast Cancer Screening Tests
Breast cancer screening can involve a number of different types of examinations, which include breast self examination (BSE)"

Go argue with the Slone-Kettering Cancer Center you stupid bitch.

http://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/screening-gu...

Further, PP DOES do MANY kinds of cancer screenings including cervical cancer, ovarian cancer & uterine cancer screenings as well.

Location hidden

#287097 Feb 26, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>You mean to tell me that the BILLION dollar PP won't help her?
You mean like the BILLIONS upon BILLIONS of dollars the RCC has, yet they allow their parishes to go bankrupt rather than pay the victims of the RCC's CRIMES?

Location hidden

#287098 Feb 26, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Men who seek out boys are homosexual pedophiles.
No Skanky, they are not.

Stop being a homophobic moron already.

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/fa...

Location hidden

#287099 Feb 26, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> I see you conveniently ignored my reply to your post. What you wrote here ^^ has nothing to do with my post or the post (of yours where you said that putting God back into his world was impossible).
YOU have certainly proven its impossible for you - who can't even practice what you preach. STO is correct, its a nice thought, but impossible.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#287101 Feb 26, 2013
Anyone watching, "Makers," on PBS? Fantastic show! Please, Gtown71, et all, see it.
Gtown71

United States

#287102 Feb 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's a baby only when someone else causes it harm, but when the mother wants it dead it's not.....how convienent.
Yes it is.

I've brought up the fact, that if a person guns down a pregnant woman, while waiting to be called back for an abortion, that that person would be charged in the death of 2, instead of 1. The way it is now, they should only charge the person with 1 murder, and the pay that person a lesser fee, for taken care of the abortion.:(
Gtown71

United States

#287103 Feb 26, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Fetus' civil rights do not exist. Not until following a complete birth.
Tell that to all those in prison for killing a pregnant woman. See if their time is longer or shorter, becouse of the fetus.
Gtown71

United States

#287104 Feb 26, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, they use circular logic so often, it looks like a Spirograph. Remember those?
You mean like evilution? These fossil shells are this old, becouse they are found in this layer of earth. This layer of earth is this old, becouse these fossil shells are found it.:)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#287105 Feb 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like evilution? These fossil shells are this old, becouse they are found in this layer of earth. This layer of earth is this old, becouse these fossil shells are found it.:)
You continue to display an appalling ignorance. This time it's the theory of Evolution.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#287106 Feb 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
Here's an interesting article
http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-easton-...
"An Easton man is charged with assaulting his unborn child during an incident that happened last month, according to court records.
Andrew Stroud Jr., 31, of 1330 Washington St. in Easton, was charged Friday with aggravated assault of an unborn child, simple assault, reckless endangerment and harassment. He's in Northampton County Prison under $25,000 bail.
Police said they were called for a domestic dispute outside Stroud's home. Victim Janelle Fuller told police that she is 8 1/2 months pregnant with Stroud's child."
What I don't understand is how he can be charged wit assult of an unborn "child I thought that
wasn't a child until it was born.
That issue has been discussed and explained and clarified. If the woman has the intention of keeping the pregnancy, one can be indicted on charges against the fetus. The woman was almost full term and obviously had emotional and physical investment in her pregnancy. It is about the woman and her rights.
Gtown71

United States

#287107 Feb 26, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
Anyone watching, "Makers," on PBS? Fantastic show! Please, Gtown71, et all, see it.
Sry I wasn't watching it, but I'll try and check it out. I love pbs, and still waiting on my monogrammed robes from them, when me and my life partner Bill donated 1000 dollars :)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#287108 Feb 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Bit, let break that down one step further, shall we?
There's 820 Planned parenthood clinics in the US.(as of November 2012) in the US.
That's 1.11 per clinic per day.
Yeah, hardly the "abortion mills" they like to pretend, huh?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#287109 Feb 26, 2013
Why do morons like you, who couldn't test their way out of daycare, try to argue science? Evolution isn't about time; it's about adaptation. Geology, physics, and other disciplines are used to determine the age of the earth.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanfordville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 7 min NEMO 4,825
Time to go? (Jun '15) 40 min ThomasA 13,456
Man blocks out sun with his thumb ! 1 hr Thumb eclipse 1
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr Enforcer 339,653
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 17,350
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr Princess Hey 18,561
jets talk back (Dec '07) 4 hr jimi-yank 14,106

Stanfordville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance