welfare and food stamps

Posted in the Stanford Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
randy j

Danville, KY

#1 Jan 19, 2010
There should be lines at wal mart for welfare and food stamps in one,And working people in other ones.
stranger

Danville, KY

#2 Jan 19, 2010
Why, do you think you are too good to stand in the same line with people who need public assistance? Maybe they should have a different line for pompous asses like you! It's WAL-MART not Bloomingdale's!
wow

Danville, KY

#3 Jan 19, 2010
haha...
I don't diss welfare & foodstamps they are great programs to assist those who really need them, but these young people out here who are popping out kids and getting welfare and foodstamps need to go get a job!
stranger

Danville, KY

#4 Jan 19, 2010
wow wrote:
haha...
I don't diss welfare & foodstamps they are great programs to assist those who really need them, but these young people out here who are popping out kids and getting welfare and foodstamps need to go get a job!
....and this has what(?)to do with the lines at Wal-Mart?
wow

Danville, KY

#5 Jan 19, 2010
I guess they can get their sorry asses in the working people line when they get a job!
stranger

Danville, KY

#6 Jan 19, 2010
I'm truly sorry the clientle at your local Wal-Mart is not to your liking, might I suggest you try shopping at Neiman-Marcus next time, your Highness.
wow

Danville, KY

#7 Jan 20, 2010
I have been there before
Amused

Clarkson, KY

#8 Jan 20, 2010
stranger wrote:
Why, do you think you are too good to stand in the same line with people who need public assistance? Maybe they should have a different line for pompous asses like you! It's WAL-MART not Bloomingdale's!
Maybe you wouldn't need public assistance if you would get up off your fat lazy butt and get a JOB!

I would gladly stand in the pompous ass line..It beats using a food stamp card.
Amused

Clarkson, KY

#9 Jan 20, 2010
randy j wrote:
There should be lines at wal mart for welfare and food stamps in one,And working people in other ones.
I totally agree!
anybody know

Winchester, KY

#10 Jan 20, 2010
randy j wrote:
For you info some people with food stamps do work but they don't make enough money. and you know what else, it can be embarrassing enough to a person that welfare is not their ordinary lifestyle, but has to get assistance such as food stamps, without the added embarrassment of a separate line, so everyone would know how a person was paying. Think about if you were in that person's shoes.
Missus

Douglas, GA

#11 Jan 20, 2010
I avoid wal mart on the first Saturday of the month because it's packed with the food stamp and welfare people. Not that I look down on them, it's just way too crowded.
a thought

Somerset, KY

#12 Jan 20, 2010
One thing is for sure. With the economy the way it is, everything shutting down and people losing their jobs, the people that are putting down those that have to resort to government assistance will be forced to do so at some point! We will see how they feel then. Though I do not wish it upon anyone to lose their job, get a divorce or become ill and the list goes on as to why some have to use it, but some people with the low oppinion of others may have to face harsh times soon enough.
Amused

Clarkson, KY

#13 Jan 21, 2010
anybody know wrote:
<quoted text>
For you info some people with food stamps do work but they don't make enough money. and you know what else, it can be embarrassing enough to a person that welfare is not their ordinary lifestyle, but has to get assistance such as food stamps, without the added embarrassment of a separate line, so everyone would know how a person was paying. Think about if you were in that person's shoes.
Your right I agree with that. But 90% of people on welfare can do better.
wow what a butt

Kansas City, KS

#14 Jan 21, 2010
First of all I have a job but i get foodstamps, i have two kids.... and even if the people that do not have jobs do u realize that they have kids that are depending on whoever for their food... or would u rather those children starve... at least the people at the grocery store are buying groceries for their family instead of trading it for drugs or money! And as far as a seperate line, what??? LOL it doesnt take any more time its just like u r using a debit card, you must think people that have foodstamps are just nasty or something well i have u know i work at a doctors office and everything but i still need help!
something else

Kansas City, KS

#15 Jan 21, 2010
and if u have been listening to the news you would know how bad this world is getting and later down the road u urself will need help!
Hells Bells

Danville, KY

#16 Jan 21, 2010
If your able to work get a second job Loser,Stop drawing food stamps!
truth

Cynthiana, KY

#17 Jan 21, 2010
a thought wrote:
One thing is for sure. With the economy the way it is, everything shutting down and people losing their jobs, the people that are putting down those that have to resort to government assistance will be forced to do so at some point! We will see how they feel then. Though I do not wish it upon anyone to lose their job, get a divorce or become ill and the list goes on as to why some have to use it, but some people with the low oppinion of others may have to face harsh times soon enough.
I agree with you
a thought

Somerset, KY

#18 Jan 21, 2010
Hells Bells wrote:
Ok, are you in the position do hire anyone? If so, I know lots of people looking for a job or a second job! If you have jobs to give out, leave a phone number!!!
jana

Danville, KY

#19 Jan 21, 2010
Go to career builder there are like a 600 in lex and surrounding area
lol

London, KY

#20 Jan 21, 2010
Hells Bells wrote:
And who do u think I should get to watch my kids, and in which time would i spend with them oh and what is it that u do HELLS BELLS!!! sounds to me like u sure will be ringing them too! And as far as me being a loser, Far from it baby!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wear can I by industrail cans of ravioli around... 39 min uh huh 8
Tin man metals 1 hr hey you 7
some work for code enforcement 2 hr gotyersix 12
The General Store 9 hr listener 3
Who's the next sheriff? 10 hr Huh 15
stanford police (Jul '08) Tue The way it is 20
Property Taxes Tue The way it is 8

Stanford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance