Stanford Nursing Home Golden Living C...

Stanford Nursing Home Golden Living Center

Posted in the Stanford Forum

Appalled

London, KY

#1 Apr 1, 2011
I'm completely appalled at what I have seen with my grandmother. First, there are many rodents of sorts everywhere. I have seen 6 roaches since my grandmother has been there. I have seen MANY, MANY ants on the floor, in the hallway, in my grandmother's bed, on her sink, and in the bathroom. There are crickets and spiders everywhere too. I know these things can be anywhere, but the abundance of these rodents is uncalled for. I tell the staff every time I see one of these so they can hopefully take care of them.

Next, my grandmother has told us many times that the activities lady is hateful with her. We have reported this and nothing has been done. Grandmother said she is actually worse now since we have reported it a few times. We are going to be speaking directly to her soon, since she wants to be hateful with my grandmother.

We have seen many times of being in the nursing home at different hours of the day, grandmother does have the majority of nice staff, but there are some that are so rough with her. I don't understand why the staff has to be rough with the elderly when it for sure isn't necessary. My grandmother can help with getting herself in the bed and other stuff like that, but they think they have to be rough and not let her help. We have found bruises on grandmother the nurses can't explain how they got there, and grandmother told us it was where they grabbed her by the arms to force her into the bed. They have been large bruises, one even on her back.

I wouldn't suggest having any family member there to anyone else, but my mother doesn't drive. She needs grandmother close to home so she can visit more often. If there was another home here in Stanford, I would place grandmother there. I know it would have to be better than the Stanford Nursing Home.

If you have any family member there or are thinking of it, visit often and be observant. Watch for rodents, attitude of staff, bruising on your loved ones, and if your family member can tell you, ask them what goes on.

Thank you and God bless.
home is better

Bradfordsville, KY

#2 Apr 14, 2011
Appalled wrote:
I'm completely appalled at what I have seen with my grandmother. First, there are many rodents of sorts everywhere. I have seen 6 roaches since my grandmother has been there. I have seen MANY, MANY ants on the floor, in the hallway, in my grandmother's bed, on her sink, and in the bathroom. There are crickets and spiders everywhere too. I know these things can be anywhere, but the abundance of these rodents is uncalled for. I tell the staff every time I see one of these so they can hopefully take care of them.
Next, my grandmother has told us many times that the activities lady is hateful with her. We have reported this and nothing has been done. Grandmother said she is actually worse now since we have reported it a few times. We are going to be speaking directly to her soon, since she wants to be hateful with my grandmother.
We have seen many times of being in the nursing home at different hours of the day, grandmother does have the majority of nice staff, but there are some that are so rough with her. I don't understand why the staff has to be rough with the elderly when it for sure isn't necessary. My grandmother can help with getting herself in the bed and other stuff like that, but they think they have to be rough and not let her help. We have found bruises on grandmother the nurses can't explain how they got there, and grandmother told us it was where they grabbed her by the arms to force her into the bed. They have been large bruises, one even on her back.
I wouldn't suggest having any family member there to anyone else, but my mother doesn't drive. She needs grandmother close to home so she can visit more often. If there was another home here in Stanford, I would place grandmother there. I know it would have to be better than the Stanford Nursing Home.
If you have any family member there or are thinking of it, visit often and be observant. Watch for rodents, attitude of staff, bruising on your loved ones, and if your family member can tell you, ask them what goes on.
Thank you and God bless.
take her home an take care of her.then you will know if she' getting bruises becauses her skin easily bruises or if she's really abused
just know

Danville, KY

#3 Apr 14, 2011
if you love her and care about her take her home and take care of her yourself. if not shut up and leave them alone. you wouldn't do it for the pay and the treatment they get. do you offer to help any, bet not, My grandmother was there and we were there alot, help with dressing, feeding, went to games with her. just like we would if she lived by herself. jeesss you people just push your loved ones on to other people and then want to bitch
heather

Danville, KY

#4 Apr 17, 2011
It is not always so easy to take care of a loved one at home especially when dementia is advanced.
ABC123

Lexington, KY

#5 Apr 18, 2011
Old people bruise easily... just saying. It can literally be a simple grab that turns into a bruise later. Not because someone thought it cool to bruise an old lady's arm but just because it doesn't take much of anything to turn purple later.

The rodent thing would certainly be an issue, but nowhere is bug free even if you think it is.
Wake up

United States

#6 Jun 27, 2011
Appalled wrote:
Thank you and God bless.
Hi,,im a CNA and have worked in nursing homes for 10 years..and let me tell you it is not an easy job.its the hardest job I have ever had. The reason staff probably do not let your Grandmother help is because they have 16 residents to take care of---on a good day. so it is quite possible that the aides have to be in a rush just to get the bare necessities done. Thats just the way it is. If you want to complain so much why dont you complain to the Director or the DON Cuz they are the ones who schedule 3 cnas on a hall with 50 residents!!!
eyes4u

Georgetown, KY

#7 Jun 28, 2011
Amen to wake up and the rest of us aides!!!!!!
I love my job and what i do is rewarding but there just isn't enough help and enough time to do what we are suppose to be doing..
We all do the best that we can possibililly do...and most families see that..
Prayers going up

Santa Clara, CA

#8 Jun 28, 2011
My pappaw was in quite a few nursing homes... He was also in the V.A. Hospital for a short time. Not all nurses are bad some rlly do try thier best but there are a few that could care less about the patients. Ive seen it myself. Nurses that are so incredibly hateful and act like you owe them something. The fact here is that it is a nurses job to care for people and if they dislike their job to point of being extreemly rude all of the time then I believe its time to find a new profession. Now everyone is entitled to a bad day every once in a while but it shouldnt be an everyday thing. So honestly are you telling me that if I dislike and complain about the way a grocery store is ran that I should grow my own garden? I mean lets get real. Some patients cannot be taken care of at home. Some people need 24 hr a day care. Care that an every day person couldnt possibly give. Most of these people pay for their care at some point, and I know for a fact nursing home care is very expensive. These people should get what they pay for. No one, no matter the age deserves to be neglected, abused, or to live in "roach motel"! You all are right though. These places and not just Stanford but others as well assign to few nurses to too many people. My friend works at Thompsonhood veterans center and she is always talking about how they need to hire more help or start giving people more hours. A lot of times its just her and one other person on two halls by themselves. It rediculous. I hope you all the best for your family members and ill be praying.
Broken

London, KY

#9 Jun 30, 2011
I have given over 20 years of my life taking care of the elderly, I have not purposely hurt or bruised or neglected any of my patients! I cared for each of them as if I were caring for my parents! I have worked in nearly all the facilities around here and lexington and all shifts, majority of the time I would cry myself to sleep because my patients were sad and depressed because their family dropped them off and never came to see them even on the holidays! My point is this, I have medical problems due to my past work, I am in pain every day and it is hard for me to enjoy my life as a result of my injuries, being a Cna is a very hard job! I haven't received many thank yous but I feel I've done my best and tried to fill the void were their family was absent. I tried my best to make them happy. If you are truely wanting to help your grandmother, I would suggest you spending a few days with her and observe, day and night, and catch the culprit who is abusive, but you will also see the care that the good aides are giving her. Report the one causing the problem instead of putting the whole facility down! You could be the type who likes to find fault about everything and that nothing is good enough, you don't want to care for her or you would be doing it instead of complaining about the ones who are!!!!
rats

Winchester, KY

#10 Jun 30, 2011
Insects are not rodents!! Why is your Grandmother in a nursing home anyway? What has happened to this world when peoplke just take their parents and grandparents to a home and drop in enough to raise a little hell with people who are working their tails off doing a job that should be done by family...I think you and your Mammy are thr pitiful ones. I bet Grandma has wiped your butts many, many times!
stanford resident

Georgetown, KY

#11 Jun 30, 2011
Appalled wrote:
Thank you and God bless.
i feel for you i really do.. i worked there for a few days and some of the shit i seen there made me wanna puke....the rudeness of the nurses towards the patients was unbelieveable... but what really done it was one night i was walking up the hall and at that time they had a small dog walking the nurseing home... guess it was their mascot i dont know and i seen this dog lift his leg and piss on the med cart while some drawers were open, i made the mistake of bring it too SO CALLED CHARGE NURSE that was on duty and i was basically told too mind my own bussiness and not too start trouble... well needless too say i clocked out and quit right on stop and i turned them into state.....i dont recommend that sorry ass place too anyone.....if you feel ur grandmother is being abused and u have brought it too the attention of the D.O.N and they havent done anything about it.... contact a lawyer.... they will get their shit togather ....if ur grandmother was at home and needed someone too come in and take care of her i would be there in a heart beat i took care of a stroke patient for many years and i worked for Ft logan as well in nurseing.. and i loved it got attached too many of my patients before they died...:) good luck too you:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mcdonald's 1 hr Keith Bgorn 3
Is adultery ok? 9 hr Help 108
stay in jail louis goode 9 hr Bicycle Bill 3
Tattooed waitresses 11 hr CaptaiNObvious 8
Casey Gordon 13 hr Tootsie roll 17
Teachers that pick on children 13 hr Tootsie roll 31
Delete 20 hr Sam 12

Stanford Jobs

Personal Finance

Stanford Mortgages