imo

Danville, KY

#3 Jun 2, 2012
I got sold a lemon within 2 weeks had it back up there they charged me to look at it then told me it would be about $1000 to fix and wasn't sure what was wrong. After doing lots of work to the car it still kept breaking down I asked if I could trade it in never got a response. Lousy place car looked good but didn't run half the time I would not recommend anyone going there!
Lemons

Lexington, KY

#7 Jun 9, 2012
There is a lemon law. Call your county attorney, if that doesn't help call the Attorney Generals office.
F and I manager

Milwaukee, WI

#8 Jun 10, 2012
The lemon laws only apply to new cars in the state of kentucky. Only way to get your money back is if the dealership does business off site ( they bring you all the papers and you sign them at your house) and then you only have 3 days to get your money back. Other than that the law is "caveat emptor" latin for (buyer beware). I know because im a finance manager for a dealership.
OWNED

Lexington, KY

#10 Jun 15, 2012
I'm glad that i didn't buy my vehicle from there lol.
lemon law

Danville, KY

#12 Jul 14, 2012
the lemon law does apply within 3 days of the sale i should know they where forced to give me my money back and car back from a deal gone so wrong the first day
as info

Somerset, KY

#32 Sep 27, 2012
lemon law wrote:
the lemon law does apply within 3 days of the sale i should know they where forced to give me my money back and car back from a deal gone so wrong the first day
You are correct about the 3 day. Customer has a 3 day grace period to have transactions rescinded. That does protect customer, but the Lemon Law is a totally different elephant.
as info

Somerset, KY

#36 Sep 27, 2012
as info wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct about the 3 day. Customer has a 3 day grace period to have transactions rescinded. That does protect customer, but the Lemon Law is a totally different elephant.
As for the 3 day grace period for the customer that doesn't give one the right to roughhouse a vehicle and not maintain proper level of fluids for engine resulting in blown engines etc. That's probably what some people are doing then going back to seller wanting money back. Some people need to grow up and take responsibility for their actions.
lemonade

United States

#37 Sep 28, 2012
Fluid levels etc? It's kind of hard to run a car dry on fluids in a period of a week unless there's something wrong with the piece of crap in the first place.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#44 Oct 21, 2012
I ALSO BOUGHT 2 CARS FROM THIS DEALER. THE FIRST ONE WAS A GOOD CAR SO I MADE THE MISTAKE AND WENT BACK FOR MY SECOND CAR THERE. I BOUGHT A GRANS AM THERE. I HAD IT 2 DAYS AND I CHANGED THE OIL FLUSHED RADIATOR CUZ THE DEALER SHIP PUT THE WRONG ANTIFREEZE IN IT. 2 WEEKS LATER THE MOTOR THREW A ROD THRU IT. BUYER BEWARE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stomper toy trucks of the 80's 5 hr fallguy 7
Stanford Court Hovse? 7 hr Old codger 2
Can I automatically get my full license when I ... (Jul '11) 10 hr daniel 53
Anybody know Steve Lockaby (Sep '09) 15 hr Billy 4
Ju Brown 19 hr fact 6
Terri Dunn Thu she deserves it 28
Mario aquino has a wife Thu you choose your l... 36
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stanford Mortgages