Golden Living Center Employees Fired

Posted in the Stanford Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
caring

Danville, KY

#1 Feb 17, 2011
Why are all the older employees of golden living center being fired all at once ? This is more than just employees not doing thier job.Most let go where there for over 10-20 yrs.
joe

Danville, KY

#7 Feb 23, 2011
Did any of administration get fired?
just us

Bradfordsville, KY

#8 Mar 1, 2011
joe wrote:
Did any of administration get fired?
no way .just us low lives who do the real work
eyes4u

Georgetown, KY

#13 Jun 13, 2011
if u witnessed abuse u need to report it..and keep reporting it..Even if no one will listen to u..
Keep reporting...Someone has to listen to u
sad

Lexington, KY

#14 Jun 13, 2011
we did report it and an investigation is under way thank goodness, we reported it after it happen. there are some great workers there so i hope no one thinks because there are a few bad seeds that the whole bunch are rotten. alot of the elders there cant speak for themselves and depend on the good help to speak for them
BEST

Harrison, AR

#20 Jul 9, 2011
Well, if abuse is taking place then people need to go home.

Don't think all of those people are confused. Abuse is abuse. If you can hurt an elderly person you are evil.
well

Danville, KY

#21 Jul 13, 2011
sounds crazy
Cali

AOL

#22 Jul 14, 2011
IN my expierence the people from corporate know exactly what takes place.
Omg

Knoxville, IA

#23 Jul 15, 2011
I agree...
imo

United States

#24 Jul 16, 2011
I agree too. Corp only cares if it costs them money or if the state gets called. Otherwise, business as usual.
Yup

United States

#26 Oct 20, 2011
They are doing the same thing to staff in Springfield tn! Looking for the smallest things to write them up over and then letting them go! there hiring all new people so they can keep pay down. The nursing home is falling apart and the residents and there family's are pissed! There senses is so low because of this that they have to send staff home early! Smart move corporate!
Check out this blog! www.change54.blogspot.com and www.beatdown0054.blogspot.com
BRAVEHEART

Lafayette, TN

#28 Oct 20, 2011
This GLC of Springfield TN is hiring new RN's throughout the bldg at the lower wages without any benefits. The health insurance is nothing, worthless nearly. New hires dont know nothing about these things, they are just glad to be working. RNs get in a mentor program at a hospital why would you want to be stuck in a nursing home starting out a career when you have earned a degree like that, makes no sense, now thats good advice to a new RN. You can stay long enough in the NH no one else will hire you, thats sad. And look at the training you are missing out on in a hospital setting, work in a nursing home PRN then if you choose. NH work is sooooo much harder with sooooo many more patients and terrible responsibilities you do not have in the hospital. GLC is taking advantage of you and you dont even know it. Anything they do is sneaky and underhanded and people are now seeing this. THE GLC JUST USES PEOPLE. I bet the one that thought this trick up was paid good. But as soon as they get done weeding out the nurses that make more than a new grad or thats been there in the facility long enough the see the changes and tell it to others they will start on the CNAs. ITS JUST LIKE LEAVING NO WITNESS BEHIND!! PUT YOUR THINKING CAPS ON AND CHARGE FORWARD - Call the union and change your life, take the power away from the corporate and these dirty administration yes people and put it in your hands. Call this second largest union in the USA, they know what they are doing and they are good. Quit being led by turkeys and soar like eagles!
heard

Bradfordsville, KY

#29 Oct 21, 2011
They are writing emloyees up for the most stupid
things Even with broken bones.dr exuses don't matter .Then again there are some who get by with coming in late all the time and calling in just to go party
watching

Danville, KY

#34 Aug 25, 2012
we did, and the state wont do anything .the nursing homes has people in frankfort to be sure not to pass laws to help people with nursing homes ,all the nursing homes care about anymore is the all mighty dollar plain and simple and for posting it on topix i hope it helps at least 1 family
Duhhh

United States

#37 Aug 30, 2012
Here's an angle that hasn't been mentioned. The nurses and other caregivers are spread too thin to offer premium care. How many older people lay in those beds with no family contact, and family lives within a ten mile radius? Before you waltz in on a Saturday or Sunday and visit ole Mom or Dad, be sure you smack yourself on the head for not being there on any of the other 6 days of the week. If enough family members hang around regularly, it stands to reason that it will keep the lazies on their toes and give the good ones some much needed help in helping your loved one.
Paaaaaa

Lancaster, PA

#38 Jan 23, 2013
Golden living center in Hatrisburge blue ridge is a mess! They fire employees and retaliate against them because we're union protected! Iv contracted a lawyer to sue them! We've gone through 3 DON's and a new patrol and administrator They don't care about how they treat people, and this office location screws up payrol constantly!
in the know

River Grove, IL

#40 Feb 19, 2013
Golden living centers in Kentucky are the same way. Slowly chipping away and benifit packages. Writing people up for nonsense when riding their ass to get out not a minute after the end of their shift. Hiring new grad RN's to brag about their educated staff while pushing good experienced LPN and RN's out over write ups to pay the new grads less money. I have never seen such a hostile place to work that sets people up for failure rather than success. I hope there is a nationwide class action lawsuit and soon! It's shameful how they treat residents and staff.
Used and Abused

Pryor, OK

#42 Mar 18, 2013
in the know wrote:
Golden living centers in Kentucky are the same way. Slowly chipping away and benifit packages. Writing people up for nonsense when riding their ass to get out not a minute after the end of their shift. Hiring new grad RN's to brag about their educated staff while pushing good experienced LPN and RN's out over write ups to pay the new grads less money. I have never seen such a hostile place to work that sets people up for failure rather than success. I hope there is a nationwide class action lawsuit and soon! It's shameful how they treat residents and staff.
This is happening at the Administration Office in Arkansas, as well. Yes, there are peons at the Admin Office being used and abused. Same things! Writing people up for nonsense. You said it! There needs to be a class action lawsuit. You people helped out by Unions are very lucky. Admin isn't covered by Unions and in this small town in Arkansas no attorney will even take a case against the All Mighty Golden Living. They are all in their pockets. They have bought attorneys who took cases and the attorneys just dropped the clients. Last year I had to call the compliance hotline for an ethical violation. Since calling the hotline, I have been picked on endlessly for the most tiny things they can come up with. They believe they are above the law and can do anything they want because they have all the power. If all the states can get together with this, maybe we can do something!
Used and Abused

Pryor, OK

#43 Mar 18, 2013
Paaaaaa wrote:
Golden living center in Hatrisburge blue ridge is a mess! They fire employees and retaliate against them because we're union protected! Iv contracted a lawyer to sue them! We've gone through 3 DON's and a new patrol and administrator They don't care about how they treat people, and this office location screws up payrol constantly!
Hey, Paaaaaa....How's that lawyer thing working out? Did they turn you down? Do you still have a job? I've been retaliated against for calling the compliance hotline on a policy violation for an employee who was wrongfully terminated. Now I'm the one about to be fired for trumped up reasons. Class action is the way to go on this one with so many states involved. Let us know if you get anywhere!
another option

Versailles, KY

#45 Mar 19, 2013
Besides crying on topix another option would be to quit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Napier 25 min Doug 1
anyone know rich richey or ronnie smith around ... (Mar '11) 16 hr Vicki 9
Trump Racism 16 hr Josh 9
News Lincoln grand jury indicts 15 for drug trafficking (May '13) Jan 18 whaa 33
Curts special deputies Jan 18 Mr Eastwood 17
daniel quinn and johnthon burns Jan 17 MEE 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Jan 17 Bolshevik USA 639

Stanford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stanford Mortgages