Highlands Elementary looking for a principal!

Posted in the Stanford Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
crazy

United States

#1 Sep 18, 2012
Who is going to get this job?!
Crazy Indeed -

Lexington, KY

#2 Sep 18, 2012
Following Qualifications Prefered.

Current or Former Distict Employee - Because strangers make us nervous.

Better at maintaining the status quo than actual leadership.

Baptist.

Nice Hair.

Better at delegating work or telling people to work rather than doing it yourself.
Any Number

London, KY

#3 Sep 18, 2012
Crazy Indeed - wrote:
Following Qualifications Prefered.
Current or Former Distict Employee - Because strangers make us nervous.
Better at maintaining the status quo than actual leadership.
Baptist.
Nice Hair.
Better at delegating work or telling people to work rather than doing it yourself.
I have 4/5. Applying.
filled

Somerset, KY

#4 Sep 18, 2012
Thought job was filled
Question

United States

#5 Sep 19, 2012
Who are the possible candidates?
Crazy Indeed -

Lexington, KY

#6 Sep 20, 2012
Any Number wrote:
<quoted text>
I have 4/5. Applying.
You can put the one you're missing on your growth plan.
interesting

United States

#8 Sep 20, 2012
Won't it be hard for them to find someone? Aren't most teachers/principals on contracts for the year?
Crazy

Somerset, KY

#10 Sep 21, 2012
Hear that Suzanne Montgomery or James Carrier will get the job.
any chance?

United States

#11 Sep 21, 2012
Crazy wrote:
Hear that Suzanne Montgomery or James Carrier will get the job.
Any chance at all we can get someone out of the county?
Yes Maim

Lexington, KY

#12 Sep 22, 2012
Both are workhorses that are pretty capable at their current jobs, but leaders of an entire building????

If that is the decision the capactity for leadership in the district will not have been enhanced. "Yes Mrs. superintendent, whatever you say Mrs. superintendent."

Get someone from out of district and get some fresh blood/ideas.

LC does not have a monopoly on educational talent, it is amazing to me that if the inteview processes were really fair and unbiased that the last several hires of leadership positions all have connections to LC. Does no one else apply for the jobs?
datahaza

United States

#13 Sep 22, 2012
Is it possible these post are by individuals already working in the school system?
Thinking

Carpentersville, IL

#14 Sep 22, 2012
Highland would be most fortunate to get James Carrier as principal. Mr. Carrier is very hard working and also exemplifies high moral character. In addition, he is most concerned about the students and their needs. I know that our county is guilty of hiring and promoting from within the buddy system, but we do have many hard working qualified people from within the county. It is just that people are sick of the buddy system. It would be nice to see our school systems have to have a hiring committee from outside our region come in a do the hiring based on qualification. While every school and the board office have their weaknesses, they also have many hard working individuals who realize why they have a job, our students!
still...

United States

#15 Sep 22, 2012
Thinking wrote:
Highland would be most fortunate to get James Carrier as principal. Mr. Carrier is very hard working and also exemplifies high moral character. In addition, he is most concerned about the students and their needs. I know that our county is guilty of hiring and promoting from within the buddy system, but we do have many hard working qualified people from within the county. It is just that people are sick of the buddy system. It would be nice to see our school systems have to have a hiring committee from outside our region come in a do the hiring based on qualification. While every school and the board office have their weaknesses, they also have many hard working individuals who realize why they have a job, our students!
I'm still not sure that going outside of the district wouldn't be a bad thing if possible...
writing on wall

Somerset, KY

#17 Sep 23, 2012
[QUOTE who="still..."]<q uoted text>
I'm still not sure that going outside of the district wouldn't be a bad thing if possible...[/QUOTE]Don't you people see or understand how they work the system? If you were paying attention you would have caught that the person filing the position now is from Boyle County & that will be the person that gets the job, just wait and see.

It's no wonder this school system is in the shape its in.
Sad state

Georgetown, KY

#18 Sep 23, 2012
When open positions are only posted in the schools or board office, no one knows about them except people already working in the district or friends of the people in charge. Of course why look for people outside the district when you are creating positions for specific people. Why doesn't the state just take over and hire people actually qualified to do the jobs?
Are you sure

Nicholasville, KY

#19 Sep 23, 2012
Are you sure they are even posted in schools?
still...

United States

#20 Sep 23, 2012
Are you sure wrote:
Are you sure they are even posted in schools?
The principal job should be posted on the Internet. The problem is finding good people that can actually apply at this time of the year.
Hey

United States

#21 Sep 24, 2012
[QUOTE who="still..."]<q uoted text>The principal job should be posted on the Internet. The problem is finding good people that can actually apply at this time of the year.[/QUOTE]
when are they wanting to hire us a new principal?
Odds Maker

Nicholasville, KY

#22 Sep 24, 2012
2-1 HR
4-1 SM
9-2 JC
9-2 GL
30-1 Field of Out of County Candidates.
1000-1 AB
Hey

United States

#23 Sep 24, 2012
Odds Maker wrote:
2-1 HR
4-1 SM
9-2 JC
9-2 GL
30-1 Field of Out of County Candidates.
1000-1 AB
I'm familiar with a couple of those but do you care to put some names? I'm not a lifelong citizen so I'm not sure of all of these...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Country boy cadillac 12 hr droopynutz 4
Ghost Stories? (Jun '14) Fri Crazy 33
Trading Post? Fri Sean 1
Drinking in Stanford May 1 Pappy 2
Stolen motorcycles and ATVs Apr 26 George 1
Is Mikey Coffman Chelsie Coffman's bro? (Oct '11) Apr 25 Stacy 3
Hillary for Pres! Apr 25 kkk 6
More from around the web

Stanford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE