Wondering

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

I'm traveling but my kids tell me connection to the internet is on again off again lately. Anyone know anything going on? Have you had problems connecting....checking the report from my kids...on disconnect could be enough to make them complain!:-)
yes

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

yes there is a problem with Wimax internet going on and off if you live in the Kings Mountain/Waynesburg area there was a tower recently put up that is causing interference with the signal I know this for a fact because that is what Steve told me when he was checking my internet connection he was talking about setting up a repeater no need to worry because Steve and his crew are on the job
WIMAX SUCKS

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

I am so sick of Steve and his crap. He comes off as a nice guy and he may be but he is a LIER. I have been paying 39.99 for 1.5 that I never get 512 is the most I ever see. He has been promising 3g for over a year now. He says July the 20th its coming but I would not hold my breath. Now I have been out for 5 days and all I get is a full mailbox when I call....this weekend I had several business deals going and could not reach my Email. Needless to say I'm calling hometown and give them a try they could not be worse than the treatment you get from Wimax with no Express....
Agree

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

I have also been waiting on the upgrade, cause I dont get 512 on my 1.5 connection. He told me June 20, so he has done lied once. Will July 20th be the day, probably not.
ruckus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Yep...we had the same issue. We were even close to the tower, and our connection was horrid. We had been on WiMax for about 2 years to try them out since there was no other option. It had been sucky from day 1. As of earlier this year, we switched to HomeTown Wireless, and I'll have to say I'm impressed with their service. They are a great bunch of guys and will work to solve your problems quickly! I actually get a call back from HomeTown..when I NEVER got a call back from WiMax. Just goes to show you that northern businessmen have a different view on things. You knew he's from Michigan, right? Anyways, HomeTown Wireless is the way to go if you're in the Waynesburg/Highland area...love the service! Soooo much faster.
Wimax lover

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Funny every time I call Wimax, Steve always calls me back if he doesn't answer. I never have any issue with my net being slow or anything unless they are doing an upgrade.
Stanford

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

I'm in the Stanford area and my Internet messed up around 6 today and it's still not working! I'm having to use my phone to get on the Internet!
Amazing

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Jim if from Tennessee. If you don't believe that then look at the license plate on his truck. looks like a TN plate to me, that's illegal, he says he lives in Danville. My neighbor switched from hometown to wimax a couple of weeks ago, due to poor service. When they sent a payment in, it went to... you guessed it, Tennessee.
umm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Who cares where Jim is from?
ruckus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Oh, I was talking about Steve from WiMax. I know Jim at HomeTown is from around here. And he does live in Danville at the moment. But I meant Steve is from up north. :P
really

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

I think that Steve grew up in waynesburg
Known Fact

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

I went to high school with Steve. He's from Lincoln County. His mother used to run a video store near Jones Mobile Home.
WIMAX SUCKS

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Well he finally has us up and running no 3g not even 1.5 However I sent an email to hometown 2 days ago and have yet to get a reply so moving to them may be no better.....I guess its the price you pay to live in a Rural area...
ruckus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

He told us he was from MI. o-o
PETER PAN

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

I live in a rural area of Lincoln County and was using Wi-Max: one day out of the blue their service just disappeared - after calling WiMax I was told their competitor had placed new equipment that disrupted my service and they would no longer be able to supply this service to me. I did not think switching to Hometown was an option since they were the competitor and it seems these two companies are having their own personal issues but in the long run are affecting the customer "ME". Therefore I have subscribed to SkyWay USA satellite internet service - posibly the only alternative for rural areas - the number is 866-948-7105. The speed it not the greatest but at least I have service.

Since: Mar 10

Greenwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

I've got the same response from 2 wireless companies in this area. Excuse for poor/intermittent service is blamed on interference from the other company. Fortunately I'm in an area serviced by dsl so I am making the change. I could not in good conscience recommend any wireless broadband service in Lincoln County.
Happy Customer

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

We are a wimax customer out in the country and had trouble connecting for a few days. I called them the night of the 2nd day and the next day they came out took care of everything. I think they had to adjust our receiver (whatever it's called). I was very pleased with how fast they got there (and, forgot to mention, they called me back really fast telling me they'd be there the next day, and were.)
Both sucks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

I had wimax and it sucked! But Steve would answer my calls or call me back. I switched to hometown and for a while it was great. Now it's just as bad as wimax if not worse. I do good to get .5 when it's supposed to be 3.0! Jim never calls back. They have sum guy in tn answering call that works in the accounting dept. He don't know nothing about the service. So what do u do?
bob

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Isn't interference what Steve mentioned in the paper about another wireless provider coming to Lincoln County? Thanks Hometown! dumbasses
Wimax Sucks

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Steve needs to do a better job bribing the mayor and The Judge next time.....like Hometown did...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Stanford Forum right now

Search the Stanford Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min Le Jimbo 144,894
Herrington Lake Conservation League (Aug '12) 22 min Golfingardener 11
Taco Bell 59 min Tuco 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr NO NO 81,552
are you really anonymous 1 hr are you really anonymous 1
Want to know her name 1 hr Curious guy 3
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 3 hr BIG_STEVIE 450
•••
•••
•••
•••

Stanford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Stanford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••