First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jul 11

United States

#1 Jul 24, 2011
I was a customer with wimax express for close to 3 years im guessing. I was without the service for a month and a half one time, various other outages. Had a problem with interference from a cordless phone which i was told was impossible. Stuck with steve when he was having problems with the towers and the county even though i had an option to go with another company. Felt like i was talked down to most of the time when i had to contact steve with issues i had with the service but put up with it because there isnt really an option for internet where i live. Called him in march of this year internet had been steadilly getting worse and worse and i understand the trees growing in blocked the signal. I was told they had been all over my place and there was nothing that could be done. I had had enough and switched to wildblue, im not happy with it but im not treated like an idiot by them either. Im betting im not the only Wimax express customer that has had negative customer service experiences with this company. If you have post them, id like to hear about them.
full of it

Crab Orchard, KY

#2 Jul 24, 2011
Wimax is not perfect. I've never had an outage like that ever. I know first hand how Steve is and he never talks down to anyone. I have had Wimax since day one of them opening. I am a happy customer and recommend people to get it all the time. Steve has came to my place the times I have made complaints about my internet service both times he came to check out my problem and was just as nice as he could be. He explains things, he is a smart man not his fault if you aren't smart enough to understand what he's saying. If you were talked down to you only took it wrong because I'm sure that was not his intention.
foreststomp wrote:
I was a customer with wimax express for close to 3 years im guessing. I was without the service for a month and a half one time, various other outages. Had a problem with interference from a cordless phone which i was told was impossible. Stuck with steve when he was having problems with the towers and the county even though i had an option to go with another company. Felt like i was talked down to most of the time when i had to contact steve with issues i had with the service but put up with it because there isnt really an option for internet where i live. Called him in march of this year internet had been steadilly getting worse and worse and i understand the trees growing in blocked the signal. I was told they had been all over my place and there was nothing that could be done. I had had enough and switched to wildblue, im not happy with it but im not treated like an idiot by them either. Im betting im not the only Wimax express customer that has had negative customer service experiences with this company. If you have post them, id like to hear about them.
lawsuit

Crab Orchard, KY

#3 Jul 24, 2011
Furthermore this is a place of business and you're on here set out for people to slander them. You asked for negative things to be put on here. Anyone can say anything they want rather it be the truth or not and there's the possibility it could cost Wimax new customers or previously existing ones. Now I'm sure you know where this is going to lead. The Jailer sued for this same thing because it ruined his Reputation. Not a very wise thing to do by starting a thread on a place of business like this. You can be in trouble for this. Defamation of Character, Slander, etc....
foreststomp wrote:

United States

#4 Jul 24, 2011
Truth be told i didnt realize i had asked for only negative feedback. Please anyone feel free to post positive information as well. I dont like you saying i might not have been smart enough to know how ive been talked to, you speak of slander and defamation yet do it in the same post?> If anyone wants to post positive threads by all means do. i also recommended wimax when i used the service. Thought it was if not perfect better than dialup or hughes. I would continued using the service if i hadnt be told by Steve that there was nothing he could do for me. I have a neighbor about 500 feet farther from the tower than me still using the service as far as i know so i felt and had felt many times before that i wasnt important to wimax express as a customer. Without them no business stays in business. Like i said 3 years a customer through thick and thin then told nothing could be done. Ah well im on the internets so bring on the cats.

United States

#5 Jul 24, 2011
so are full of it and lawsuit multiple personalities? lawsuit is continuing thought of full of it? bet poor man comes out of the closet soon if this follows other wimax related threads. That includes express and hometown.
laughable

Crab Orchard, KY

#6 Jul 24, 2011
I didn't slander you. I have no idea who you are to slander but I really could careless who you really are or what you're all about. You are the one who put it out there. If you can't comprehend things as simple as Steve puts them, because he does explain things quiet well, then you aren't smart that's pretty clear. I have a multiple personality because I use a different name? To your logic there then everyone posting on Topix must have a multiple personality disorder. That is ridiculous.
foreststomp wrote:
so are full of it and lawsuit multiple personalities? lawsuit is continuing thought of full of it? bet poor man comes out of the closet soon if this follows other wimax related threads. That includes express and hometown.
Truth

Crab Orchard, KY

#7 Jul 24, 2011
I have had wimaxexpress for about 5 years. Steve and the guys have always been helpful and extremely nice. Steve has came to my house mutliple times to fix issues. He even came in the ice/snow this past winter to help me with my service, because I was working from home related to weather. He scrapped ice of my radio so I could work. I can't believe that he would intentionally make anyone feel stupid. Sorry you feel that way about him, because he is a great guy.
who cares

Georgetown, KY

#8 Jul 25, 2011
lawsuit wrote:
Furthermore this is a place of business and you're on here set out for people to slander them. You asked for negative things to be put on here. Anyone can say anything they want rather it be the truth or not and there's the possibility it could cost Wimax new customers or previously existing ones. Now I'm sure you know where this is going to lead. The Jailer sued for this same thing because it ruined his Reputation. Not a very wise thing to do by starting a thread on a place of business like this. You can be in trouble for this. Defamation of Character, Slander, etc....
<quoted text>
The jailers reputation was crap long before any topix post about him. He's a loser that can't take the truth.
wimax customer _42

Crab Orchard, KY

#9 Jul 25, 2011
truth be told the equipment has limitations, its not a cable that can be run from town to out in the country like a phone line, its wireless and thus location, trees, power lines and just plain dirty air (noise or interference) can greatly change the quality of signal from day to day and hour to hour. if he tried many times to move, adjust or change equipment then it finally comes down to simply this, you are not happy, there is nothing he can feasibly do to fix, so best option, pull the equipment and call it a day. what did you want from him? a 100' tower in your backyard at a cost to him of 5,000 dollars? if it don't work, then the equipment has limits, give up, call it quits and not use it, sometimes there isn't nothing one can do to remedy it but cancel.
and you did ask for negative comments here is your statement "m betting im not the only Wimax express customer that has had negative customer service experiences with this company. If you have post them, id like to hear about them. " sounds like someone is just mad they cant get service for 29 bucks a month and has to switch to Hughes or wild blue for much more and with a contract and with download limits, i would be sore also, but i would not blame wimax, location, location, location, thats what determines quality of service. do you think he made money everytime he came out to your house, would it not be better if he fixed your problem the first time if he could have? you think he has nothing better to do with his time then come out and give excuses to why it does not work? dont you think if he could have fixed it, he would have? you dont make any sense at all.
pleased

Crab Orchard, KY

#10 Jul 25, 2011
I have had WiMax now for 5 years. I have NEVER had any trouble. You can't beat the price, and if you need the guys to help, they come to help in any way they can. When they first installed for me, they had to crawl under my crawlspace after it had rained for days. Poor guys were covered in mud, but I was set up the same day. And then when I moved, I had my internet before they even got my dish turned on. And as for Steve's character - I had some money trouble, and they were very understanding, and did not shut off my service until I could pay. I have no qualms about WiMax, and I would recommend them to anyone, and quite frankly, I do so often.
idk

Crab Orchard, KY

#11 Jul 26, 2011
wimax customer _42 wrote:
truth be told the equipment has limitations, its not a cable that can be run from town to out in the country like a phone line, its wireless and thus location, trees, power lines and just plain dirty air (noise or interference) can greatly change the quality of signal from day to day and hour to hour. if he tried many times to move, adjust or change equipment then it finally comes down to simply this, you are not happy, there is nothing he can feasibly do to fix, so best option, pull the equipment and call it a day. what did you want from him? a 100' tower in your backyard at a cost to him of 5,000 dollars? if it don't work, then the equipment has limits, give up, call it quits and not use it, sometimes there isn't nothing one can do to remedy it but cancel.
and you did ask for negative comments here is your statement "m betting im not the only Wimax express customer that has had negative customer service experiences with this company. If you have post them, id like to hear about them. " sounds like someone is just mad they cant get service for 29 bucks a month and has to switch to Hughes or wild blue for much more and with a contract and with download limits, i would be sore also, but i would not blame wimax, location, location, location, thats what determines quality of service. do you think he made money everytime he came out to your house, would it not be better if he fixed your problem the first time if he could have? you think he has nothing better to do with his time then come out and give excuses to why it does not work? dont you think if he could have fixed it, he would have? you dont make any sense at all.
I think you about covered it all right there.
got better things to do

Crab Orchard, KY

#12 Jul 26, 2011
don't you all get tired of talking trash about people? Steve has a phone number, call the man and tell him what you think, stop dragging all the mans business out for all to see, have some class, some respect, and some restraint. go fishing, swimming, or learn a new trade but dam get a life and let the man be. are your lives so empty and vain that all you do with your time and energy is post negative things about people that you are too afraid to tell in person?
bored

Crab Orchard, KY

#13 Jul 26, 2011
foreststomp wrote:
you sound like a jealous ex-wife. man cause you cant have Wimax....
bored

Crab Orchard, KY

#14 Jul 26, 2011
Mad because you can't have Wimax.....

sorry for the typo, all you bored idiots out there will correct my English, thought i would beat you to it......
Just his Mom

Crab Orchard, KY

#15 Jul 28, 2011
But Steve has given everything for this company. I has 2 major cancer surgeries and he couldn't be at the hospital with his family because there were issues going with Wimax and he had to take care of them. Many times we have been out to dinner and he answeres the phone when most people would turn it off. He has lost time with his kids but he has a company that he is trying to build on his own without big money backers.
He has put up with a lot of crap and keeps going because he wanted something better for lincoln county. He risks his life everytime he has to climb one of those towers or water towers. I'd like to see you do it.
Thank You to the good people who stood up for him. I know it makes him feel good.
Wimax user

Danville, KY

#16 Aug 4, 2011
I don't use Wimax Express, but i do use Kywimax, have for over 3 years now. Thats because i live in northern lincoln co. But i am a computer tech and have work on many computers that use Wimax Express, and every one of them have seemed to like Steve and the service he provides. I also have had problems, with the ice storm and the resulting extra tree growth because of it. The problem that i have with wimax internet is, they all have to use the same signal frequencies, around 900 mhz. So when you get a fly by night business like Hometown wireless, with people that don't know what they are doing, it interferes with everyone else. Steve from Wimax Express and Josh from Kywimax, they try to coordinate their frequencies, so as not to interfere with each other. The owner of Hometown doesn't. Thats why they were shut down once already, when they were experimenting and starting interfering with the radio station. Now hometown now called Accelerated tech, run by the same people are back up and running interfering again. So to all the people out there having problems should call the mayor and see about having Accelerated shut down, and everyone can go back to business as usual.
Past Employee of Hometown

Knox, PA

#17 Aug 5, 2011
Wimax user wrote:
I don't use Wimax Express, but i do use Kywimax, have for over 3 years now. Thats because i live in northern lincoln co. But i am a computer tech and have work on many computers that use Wimax Express, and every one of them have seemed to like Steve and the service he provides. I also have had problems, with the ice storm and the resulting extra tree growth because of it. The problem that i have with wimax internet is, they all have to use the same signal frequencies, around 900 mhz. So when you get a fly by night business like Hometown wireless, with people that don't know what they are doing, it interferes with everyone else. Steve from Wimax Express and Josh from Kywimax, they try to coordinate their frequencies, so as not to interfere with each other. The owner of Hometown doesn't. Thats why they were shut down once already, when they were experimenting and starting interfering with the radio station. Now hometown now called Accelerated tech, run by the same people are back up and running interfering again. So to all the people out there having problems should call the mayor and see about having Accelerated shut down, and everyone can go back to business as usual.
I quit Hometown last January because of the things Mike Brown was doing. Mike Brown is the guy who was put in charge of the company. He did things on purpose to interfere with Wimax Express and KyWimax. They are now going out of business because of the lack of customer service and the lack of reliable service. When I was with the company I did my job as an installer and did it well. It became increasingly difficult to work with Mike and try to keep customers online with the faulty network Mike had set up.

Since: Aug 08

Waynesburg

#18 Aug 5, 2011
wow, now we have scorned employees talking about homewho? home no more i guess. that company was always a sham.
Imo

United States

#19 Aug 6, 2011
I was pretty disappointed with his service. Steve Is a great guy and done everything he could to finally get ms service, but now I wish he wouldn't have even bothered. My service was always slow, even tho I had the better plan. You can't put 50+ people on a single 10mb line and expect people to be happy. If I'm paying for the better plan, my speed should NEVER be slower than what the cheaper plan offers. Could never download anything from a site that had ip restrictions, because the ip was already downloading something or the daily limit had been reached. Wonder y? Cause everyone in this area is running off the same ip. My service was constantly down, even tho the antenna had full signal. Always dns detected but not responding. Could never get ahold of anyone, and never got return calls. I have a friend who has been having the same problems, yet in a different part of the county on a different tower. Att 3G is here now and I love my mifi even with the 3gb bandwidth limit. I would have had to leave something downloading for the whole month to reach 3gb on Wimax slow speed so it's really a non issue. Speeds are so much faster, double what I was getting at best with Wimax. Consistently as well, no more peak traffic hour bs. Who wants Internet that only works half way decent in the early morning. I'm sure some of you think Wimax is just the greatest thing, probably because you haven't had anything better. If you can switch to dsl or cable and you haven't, your missing out.
poormansux

Stanford, KY

#20 Aug 6, 2011
Poor Man wrote:
wow, now we have scorned employees talking about homewho? home no more i guess. that company was always a sham.
Kinda like you, a-hole!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tyler isaacs 2 hr Dat Dudsky 3
high speed internet for Lincoln County (Aug '08) 3 hr Jania New 46
Sunrise Childrens services in Danville (May '09) 3 hr Kuntry 50
help needed 4 hr Kuntry 5
Alympia ogle (May '14) 4 hr Deez Nuts 22
Ground Beef smelling like cow poop??? (Jun '12) Fri higgns 42
social services good or bad (Jan '09) May 19 NanaL 16
More from around the web

Stanford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE