Fed Up

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

What is the deal with school bus parking on Miller St?? If you have a house for sale or rent on this street, forget it. There are now 3 buses parked all the time except when running their routes. Why are they not parking at high school bus garage? Is the school system liable in case of accident? Property value has definitely decreased on Miller Street!!
freda

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Fed Up wrote:
What is the deal with school bus parking on Miller St?? If you have a house for sale or rent on this street, forget it. There are now 3 buses parked all the time except when running their routes. Why are they not parking at high school bus garage? Is the school system liable in case of accident? Property value has definitely decreased on Miller Street!!
Yeah and tax payers r paying for the gas for them to drive the bus to their houses after a svhool yr think of the das they used for personal use REPORT IT !! Call the bus garage or ronnie deatherage at the board office
sleepless

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

At one house on Miller there are two buses parked and down towards DairyMart is one. I live on whitley and have an elderly mother. These buses are revving there motors very early in the morning waking up the entire neighborhood. Why are they not at bus garage anyway. Very distracting to traffic also.
Gee Wizzz

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

sleepless wrote:
At one house on Miller there are two buses parked and down towards DairyMart is one. I live on whitley and have an elderly mother. These buses are revving there motors very early in the morning waking up the entire neighborhood. Why are they not at bus garage anyway. Very distracting to traffic also.
The bus garage always has money/funds at best interest. So if there are buses being parked at home then the bus route starts and ends closer to home then it does at the bus garage. i certainly don't beleive that these drivers who put up with so much BS are doing anything to these people to be mean.

Since: Nov 12

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

We never ever use our buses for personal use. And furthermore, if you ever think we are, then, by all means, reports us!

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

I do also live on miller st. And do actually know all three of the bus drivers that you people are complaining about. I also know that all 3 of them are hard working people, paying their own bills and raising there kids. At least they are not sitting on their drawing welfare and expecting tax payers to pay for them. They are also tax payers and property owers (with jobs). No one hears them complaining about your noisy yappin dogs at all hours of the night and your run down houses that need painted. I say, mind your own business and they will keep minded theirs.
Goliath

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

workingpeople wrote:
I do also live on miller st. And do actually know all three of the bus drivers that you people are complaining about. I also know that all 3 of them are hard working people, paying their own bills and raising there kids. At least they are not sitting on their drawing welfare and expecting tax payers to pay for them. They are also tax payers and property owers (with jobs). No one hears them complaining about your noisy yappin dogs at all hours of the night and your run down houses that need painted. I say, mind your own business and they will keep minded theirs.
I think you fail to see the point . It's not about who is working to provide for their famalies and yapping dogs . It's about degrading property value and some cosideration from a school board that is well funded by tax dollars that can do otherwise . Far be it should you have to drive your own vehicle to a bus garage and start from there . If you drove for lextran would you be allowed to park your bus at your house ?
Any Number

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Some people just seriously run out of things to complain about.

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

amen
love ky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Maybe the bus driver owns his own bus. My dad owned his, so why would he leave it at the bus garage.
John

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

love ky wrote:
Maybe the bus driver owns his own bus. My dad owned his, so why would he leave it at the bus garage.
I think they are talking about operable school buses used to transport kids to school . Not something somebody has taken the wheels off of and calls home you gnit !
love ky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

To John, My father drove a school bus for Stanford School and he had his own bus, and got paid much more money for it. Your real smart aren't you or maybe you live in bus and that's why you thought I was talking about that. But if you live in a bus don't be ashamed, if that's the best you can do, it's no ones business. The way the government is doing we may all have to live in a bus and be happy to have it.
taxpayer

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

John wrote:
<quoted text> I think they are talking about operable school buses used to transport kids to school . Not something somebody has taken the wheels off of and calls home you gnit !
LOL I just want to see the reaction of the school board when one of the buses is damaged because of an accident or a lawsuit happens because a big schoolbus blocks adequate view. Vandalism is bound to happen sooner or later. I guess the best thing to do is report it to the state board of education!!
Shoe Box

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

I'm just curious as to how much your property value on Miller St. depreciated because of busses parked on the street? And who did the appraisal?
owner

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Maybe shoebox needs to tour Miller St. Park those buses on the side of the road in Dix River and see what reaction you get!!
John

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>LOL I just want to see the reaction of the school board when one of the buses is damaged because of an accident or a lawsuit happens because a big schoolbus blocks adequate view. Vandalism is bound to happen sooner or later. I guess the best thing to do is report it to the state board of education!!
Yea exactly me also ! And if one of those kids gets hurt on the bus then i want to see who owns up to owning the damn bus then . Self owned school busses my dying ass !
Shoe Box

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Owner, I'm not in Dix River, trust me I couldn't afford a house out there. I was just curious as to how much a persons property depreciates because of busses parked on the street. I have no doubt that it could be an annoyance, but busses do not cause property value to decrease if I'm not mistaken.
Gabby

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Why don't you bunch of crybabies shut up. All you want to do is ridicule someone trying to work for a living instead of drawing a crazy check. And let me guess, the majority of you complainers are getting checks. As for the comment of buses parking depreciating property value, get real, thats shows your mentality. Now what depreciates property on that street is all the junk crap & shoddy out buildings and school buses don't fall into that category. Some people have too much idle time on their hands.....proving that they need to find jobs and live in the real world.
wondering

Stanford, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

They are making a muddy mess all over the street. Park them at the garage and the drivers can all carpool the long two miles to the garage.It is making the street look really bad.
really

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Gabby wrote:
Why don't you bunch of crybabies shut up. All you want to do is ridicule someone trying to work for a living instead of drawing a crazy check. And let me guess, the majority of you complainers are getting checks. As for the comment of buses parking depreciating property value, get real, thats shows your mentality. Now what depreciates property on that street is all the junk crap & shoddy out buildings and school buses don't fall into that category. Some people have too much idle time on their hands.....proving that they need to find jobs and live in the real world.
No one is riduculing those who work. The issue is where the buses are parked. Why are they parked on the side of the road when there is adequate parking at the high school? One house has two buses parked on city right of way and when not parked, the grass which used to be there is nothing but mud. There are very few shoddy out buildings and have no idea what you view as junk crap. Why would anybody want to buy a house next door to a house where a big yellow bus is parked a majority of time blocking any other view? As for idle time, bus drivers have a route in the morning and a route in the afternoon. That leaves a lot of idle time in between. Real world goes like this: follow the rules and respect the neighborhood you live in. Park at the school and stop waking up elderly people who have worked their entire life and deserve some respect. As for crazy checks, who on that street does not work?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Stanford Forum right now

Search the Stanford Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min American Lady 146,310
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 11 hr Ashby 26,189
Bears in Boyle and Lincoln 14 hr Bear watcher 4
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 15 hr hollerrat 16,117
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) Thu sad 81,557
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) Thu shew 1,014
Is suicide an unforgivable sin? (Jun '10) Wed By Yourself 99
•••
•••
•••
Stanford Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Stanford Jobs

•••