First Prev
of 2
Next Last
used to be there

Zoe, KY

#2 Jan 22, 2009
I worked there years ago and it was the same back then. Deco will never be a decent place to work until the management changes.

“DEAD BODIES EVERYWHERE!!!!!! !!”

Since: Apr 09

THE MOON BABY

#5 May 13, 2009
BEEN WAITING ON SOMEONE TO PUT THIS PLACE ON HERE {LOL} I WORKED THERE MANY YEARS AGO ON 3RD SHIFT NOT MANY PEOPLE WORKED ON IT, IT WAS AN OK JOB. I WENT TO FIRST SHIFT FOR HARRASSMENT REASONS {I WAS THE ONE BEING HARRASSED}AND THEN IT ALL BLEW UP. THAT PLACE IS NOTHING BUT A GOSSIP HOLE AND YES THEY WILL STAB YOU IN THE BACK FOR SURE. IT WAS EASY MONEY THOUGH AND AN EASY JOB FOR THE MOST PART. IF YOU CAN MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND WITHSTAND THE GOSSIP IT'S A GREAT JOB.
Right

Clay City, KY

#6 May 22, 2011
The place sucks. Better watch your back or you will be fired before you know what hit you. Keep an ear out for the gossip but never get involved....that way you will continue to get the next week's paycheck which is pretty good pay for the area.
eyes4u

Georgetown, KY

#7 May 23, 2011
Don't u have to take a urine test...I know of someone who works there that smokes pot everyday b4 coming to work...I wouldn't want to work on the assembly line with her..if she were high...
Don't they do random drug test?..
Facts

Clay City, KY

#8 May 23, 2011
I know people that have worked there for years and there has never been a drug test, random or not. If they did a drug test, most of the company would be gone!!
Disturbed

United States

#9 May 24, 2011
So true! I know several people that work there that do alot of different crap and they dont get drug tested. I wouldnt want to work beside someone thats trashed out of their mind... Ive known of people who dont do drugs apply for a job and not get hired but then another girl i know walked in and applied and got hired. Whats up with that!
Got That Right

Clay City, KY

#11 May 29, 2011
True. Probably sucks to work in the office and watch it all go on as well. Probably wouldn't be too surprised though or too hard to figure out what's going on if you open your eyes to it all...what's surprising is that everyone keeps their mouth shut. All to get the next week's paycheck. Money talks and bs walks! Open your eyes and watch all the bs walking around there!
Again

Clay City, KY

#12 May 31, 2011
Looks like they are hiring......again. This time for 2nd shift batchers. Good luck to anyone who gets the job. Awful place.
Got That Right

Pikeville, KY

#14 Jun 1, 2011
I think they just added yet another requirement..... Must be able to juggle several tasks at once while inconspicuously flirting with the bosses and still uphold a fine level of butt kissing.
Now about that drug test.....what should I wear? If some of the new employees are high when they come to work....maybe we should ask them what they wore to the interview and who interviewed them. Just a thought!!
Independent

Pflugerville, TX

#24 Aug 12, 2011
Why did the new engineer get let go for?
Why

Winchester, KY

#25 Aug 12, 2011
My guess is probably for not "Going Along With The Flow".

Seems like they have a high turnover rate lately. Hmmmm......

Maybe the "Newbies" are seeing the place for what it truly is. Maybe they don't have to put up with all the b.s. to get their next paycheck and they decide to "check out" of Deco Art.

Maybe the "Old Timers" just go along with it all to get their next paycheck. It's been working for them for years so why rock the boat now?? They probably have many stories to tell.
Watchful

United States

#27 Oct 30, 2011
Just keep your eyes open. The place has many secrets to unfold.
Storyteller

Waynesburg, KY

#30 Nov 10, 2011
You are soooooo right. The stories that could be told would amaze some, astound others, and for sure shame the rest.Keep your nose clean, do your job, and stay out of Clifford's way. That is the secret of outliving your usefulness at the Deco!
Crew Expendable

United States

#32 Nov 10, 2011
Wonder who's zooming who now at the old Deco. You are right, 2nd shift is a joke. Do they ever do random drug tests there? Oh, duh stupid question, most of the employees would be gone.......
Unemployed

Hazard, KY

#39 Jan 31, 2012
I worked at DecoArt many yrs ago. I liked working there besides the heat during the summertime. Looking for a job now are they hiring? If so what position?
Well

Milwaukee, WI

#40 Feb 16, 2012
Are they hiring? Where can I put in an application. I don't mind a drug test and don't gossip. I just need a job.
looking

Versailles, KY

#46 Jan 16, 2013
Does anyone the know the starting pay at decoarts? Got and interveiw but they wouldnt tell me the starting out pay? Just curious...... anyone know?
curious

Versailles, KY

#47 Jan 16, 2013
Whats up with payment behavior? What does that mean. Is it a problem getting your check each week?
Lincoln

Danville, KY

#49 Mar 7, 2013
I wish they would start treating their employees like human beings...They fire people at the drop of a hat, and make up stories on those they want to get rid of.
Lincoln

Danville, KY

#50 Mar 12, 2013
Why wrote:
My guess is probably for not "Going Along With The Flow".
Seems like they have a high turnover rate lately. Hmmmm......
Maybe the "Newbies" are seeing the place for what it truly is. Maybe they don't have to put up with all the b.s. to get their next paycheck and they decide to "check out" of Deco Art.
Maybe the "Old Timers" just go along with it all to get their next paycheck. It's been working for them for years so why rock the boat now?? They probably have many stories to tell.
They have been letting go a lot of the older employees...maybe it is a salary situation?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eric Caudill 8 hr Right 7
Ashley Rayborn (Oct '10) 15 hr Aaa 40
cleaning up the meth Dealers (Aug '15) Fri Pooper 9
Kathy rogers dowell homewrecker Thu I heard 2
any bi men Thu nate 17
Go Hillary Aug 23 Poor one 3
Pizza hut (Mar '09) Aug 23 Young geezer 20

Stanford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance