wondering

Harrison, AR

#1 Mar 23, 2011
My son plays AAU for the time being and I am thinking of not wasting my time with this cause Lincoln County ain't trying to make their players better they are making Casey County's players better cause they are getting all the playing time. Why would you bring in kids from other counties to play ball and make them better. How stupid is that?
agree

Danville, KY

#2 Mar 24, 2011
agree 100%.....why would u let casey players take LC players time up...dumbass coaching!
How typical

Danville, KY

#4 Apr 18, 2011
Then take ur little whiners off the team
Coach Taylor

Danville, KY

#7 Apr 25, 2011
This is a select aau team called the kentucky thunder if you dont like it stay at home.
Jasmine

Pflugerville, TX

#8 Apr 26, 2011
I understand you pick better players from the surrounding areas to make a great team but at the end the Lincoln program suffers in the long run. I suggest finding a good coach and have only Lincoln players.
Friend

Danville, KY

#9 Apr 29, 2011
Ok listen here a aau basketball team is not a school team you can have kids from anywhere on a aau team and the kids on the team work for their playing time so if your kid isnt getting enough playing time than they must not be as good as the other kids. If you dont like it suck it up or dont put your kid on the team. Just because the coach plays other players besides lincoln dont mean that we need a new coach OKAY I know coach and he puts alot into his team and players and thinks alot of his players. Some people arent happy with anything if you dont like it keep them home there is no since in coming on topix to try to start drama you must not have much of a life. Who ever made this website is just as lame dang how are we suppost to teach our kids right from wrong when we got people like you all that try to start drama everywhere you go. What happen to talking to that person about the issue? And not making a big public matter or something simple.
Jeremy

Brownsville, TN

#10 May 8, 2011
wondering wrote:
My son plays AAU for the time being and I am thinking of not wasting my time with this cause Lincoln County ain't trying to make their players better they are making Casey County's players better cause they are getting all the playing time. Why would you bring in kids from other counties to play ball and make them better. How stupid is that?
If your sone is so good just send him on to the NBA.
VirginiaMan

Pico Rivera, CA

#11 May 9, 2011
Jeremy wrote:
<quoted text>If your sone is so good just send him on to the NBA.
I think that's an excellent idea! Did you see that Lakers game last night? They were pretty pathetic. Heard they're gonna rework their roster in the off season, so maybe this boy could get a spot on their roster. What a proud day that would be for Lincoln County? Or was it Casey County?
pissed off

Somerset, KY

#12 May 17, 2011
It pisses me off cause my son was really good, started every game and then when he started playing AAU he got benched for Casey County players. Thats not helping my son get any better. Thats why we quit and why alot of kids quit that team.
Lol pissed pappy

Danville, KY

#13 May 18, 2011
pissed off wrote:
It pisses me off cause my son was really good, started every game and then when he started playing AAU he got benched for Casey County players. Thats not helping my son get any better. Thats why we quit and why alot of kids quit that team.
how does it feel? now you know how all the other kids felt when "your son started every game" no kid should start every game. face it the casey co players are better and its all about winning! you did remember that, right?
Friends

Danville, KY

#14 May 19, 2011
If you are so mad about it than stop fussing about it. Its not doing you any good if hes so good than another coach should want him so put him on their team. If your son was on Kentucky Thunders team than he had a very good understanding coach you work for your playing time enough said.
i KNOW

Pella, IA

#15 May 26, 2011
AAU is just a money racket anyway. Its for these coaches with HUGE Eagoe's. They couldn't win with their own teams so they had to get kids that were coached by other coaches to make them look good.
THE END IS NEAR

Stanford, KY

#16 May 27, 2011
you people are idiots. An AAU team is somewhat of an all star team. Its not lincoln county, thats who they play for during the regular year. If your son isnt getting any playing time, that means he got beat out...just bc he is your kid, doesnt mean he is the world to everyone else. Wow, he was good for LC..hate to break it to you, theres alot of other talent out there in other areas. And for the whiners that quit bc they werent getting to play...how much are they playing now that they quit?
Shut up Mickey

Pella, IA

#17 May 27, 2011
Just because someone sees thru this mindless bs doesn't mean people are idiots. I know all about you running that mouth about certain kids not being tall enough, or coordinated enough, and all those "lame" excuses. You are only out for yourself not to help Lincoln County kids. Why the hell would anybody want to coach a team that has kids out of other counties and help improve the competition is only for 1 reason......because they have an "Eago" that they want to build....thats the only reason!!! Your not trying to help the kids from Lincoln at all by doing that. This is one reason why our basketball teams suck is because of people like you. Maybe you should move your "allstar" kid to Casey County. We don't need him or you.
MICKEY

Waynesburg, KY

#18 Jun 10, 2011
WELL FIRST OFF OUR LINCOLN 8TH GRADE WAS PRETTY GOOD AND I HAD THOSE BOYS FOR 5 YEARS.... 3 OF THOSE WILL POSSIBLY PLAY VARSITY AS A FRESHMAN...MY ELITE TEAM HAS A RECORD OF 45 AND 3...AND LOVE TO PLAY FOR ME AND PLAY THAT COMPETITION...IF THE PEOPLE HAD NOT QUIT THEN OUR THUNDER 6TH GRADE WULD HAVE BEEN VERY GOOD ITS NOT ABOUT YOUR KID, OR MINE ITS ABOUT ALL KIDS, AND NOT JUST A COUNTY, DO YOU THINK A COLLEGE COACH CARES WHERE U R FROM, NO ITS WHETHER U CAN PLAY OR WHETHER U CANT....THANKS THIS IS MY ONLY POST ON THIS MICKEY THE COACH
Mime

Mount Vernon, KY

#19 May 15, 2013
the girls AAU team is all Lincoln County girls. They are really good too. I hear they are going to nationals again this year. Really a good thing for Lincoln County. Wo are stand out players on teams now?
Wow

Somerset, KY

#20 May 15, 2013
If that ain't straight from a parents mouth!!! Lol but to answer your question there are no stand outs. They are a team!!!
Tracie

Frankfort, KY

#21 May 16, 2013
Oh my gosh! REALLY? Wow is right, they are a team. It has been drilled into these girls that they are one. A family. Each and every one of them are unique to the team, which makes them succeed. They work hard and excel in the gym and in the classroom. All of them. Not just one or two or some, all of them. They certainly don't need drama on this crazy site. Encouragement and support would be great!

I feel like if you are going to ask questions and discuss a specific group of people, you shouldn't do it behind a computer screen with a fake name. I gladly put my name on this post, and if you need to, just ask me and I'll tell you the same in person.

The girls deserve the credit they receive. They have worked for it. Be happy for them. It's nice to see and hear good news in the paper and on the radio for once.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carla R the guy you was with last night 1 hr username 3
buggy boy at Wal-Mart 5 hr curious 10
carrie smith (Nov '08) 12 hr Love her 28
Nikki Nally Sun :-) 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Sun Tik Tok 906
Food stamps and birthday cake? (Nov '09) Jun 24 aasdf 10
blue grass stock yard Jun 23 So long 4

Stanford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stanford Mortgages