Obama Assassination Pool Sparks Natio...

Obama Assassination Pool Sparks National Outcry

There are 35 comments on the www.foxnews.com story from Nov 23, 2008, titled Obama Assassination Pool Sparks National Outcry. In it, www.foxnews.com reports that:

The owner of a Maine store has sparked intense local and national outcry over a sign that invited customers to bet on a date when President-elect Barack Obama would be assassinated, but authorities say no ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.foxnews.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 07

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Nov 23, 2008
lol

FTR

“Community Liar-in-Chief”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#2 Nov 23, 2008
Someone is going to rake in some serious cash.....LOL!!

“its a plane, its a plane”

Since: Dec 07

jax for now

#3 Nov 23, 2008
bet if you looked on the ladbrokes site or william hill betting sites they also have a odds listed for this.......... personally I really hope he does NOT get shot at, the damage that would cause would far outweigh anything he could do whilst in office for the next four years.

Cleveland, OH

#4 Nov 23, 2008
This is outrageous. Anyone that does this is an American Terrorist and should be treated as such. Lock them up and throw away the key. This store owner needs to be prosecuted!!
What a nutjob!

FTR

Location hidden

#5 Nov 23, 2008
Cooler online wrote:
This is outrageous. Anyone that does this is an American Terrorist and should be treated as such. Lock them up and throw away the key. This store owner needs to be prosecuted!!
What a nutjob!
Although it's a bit tasteless, he hasn't broken any laws. I'm sure there are plenty of incidents similar to tis concerning President Bush and others. And yes, he very well could be a nutjob...LMAO

“"Don't worry be happy"”

Since: Feb 08

Jax

#7 Nov 23, 2008
TREASON!!!!!!!!!!

Jacksonville, FL

#8 Nov 23, 2008
Cool Peppa wrote:
TREASON!!!!!!!!!!
Not really.

FTR

Location hidden

#10 Nov 23, 2008
StudivantSlim wrote:
If Obama is assassinated the streets will run with blood.
Amerika will die that day.
He would probably die by the hand of a black man upset because he didn't help him pay for his gas and mortgage! I'll be sure to stay out of the hoods on that day because I'm certain they will burn down. On a positive note.....the properties can then be cleaned up and condo's can be built....LMAO

“its a plane, its a plane”

Since: Dec 07

jax for now

#11 Nov 23, 2008
StudivantSlim wrote:
which was my point, yet I get stupid ratings for it, and to be honest the very last thing I want is for him to get assinated, but it is a fairly safe bet that the two main betting companies have books running on this in the UK, heck they have one for when california breaks off and floats away, either from earthquake or the rest of america bombing it and getting rid of it.

I TRULY hope he stays safe and sees his 4 years out, as he is now the president elect, the very least people should do is give him a chance to prove him self one way or another.
Right Mighty Right

Flushing, NY

#12 Nov 23, 2008
Hell if it happens there won't be a black at work for a week. They will all claim they had a relative die!

“"Don't worry be happy"”

Jax

#13 Nov 23, 2008
I see this as wishful thinking on many peoples parts. This is really sad and awful. I care for Bush at all but he is still my president and I will defend him. No matter what your thoughts are on him the office commands more respect than what it is being given.

“"Don't worry be happy"”

Jax

#14 Nov 23, 2008
By the way would everyone still think it was funny if a similar pool was done against the Pope? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Cleveland, OH

#15 Nov 23, 2008
Cool Peppa wrote:
By the way would everyone still think it was funny if a similar pool was done against the Pope? Yeah, that's what I thought.
or against them!!! How would you feel if everyone was planning and betting your demise. I cannot stand this hate from fellow Americans...logging off!
Son of Anarchy

United States

#16 Nov 23, 2008
what on earth wrote:
<quoted text>
which was my point, yet I get stupid ratings for it, and to be honest the very last thing I want is for him to get assinated, but it is a fairly safe bet that the two main betting companies have books running on this in the UK, heck they have one for when california breaks off and floats away, either from earthquake or the rest of america bombing it and getting rid of it.
I TRULY hope he stays safe and sees his 4 years out, as he is now the president elect, the very least people should do is give him a chance to prove him self one way or another.
Of course no one in their right mind wants a president assassinated.

As to the judging icons (stupid rating) your posts receive? Consider the source. There are actually idiots that think the "red lips" icon has to do with race.

“"Mommies Beautiful Babies!"”

Since: Jan 08

Jacksonville, FL (for now)

#18 Nov 24, 2008
Right Mighty Right wrote:
Hell if it happens there won't be a black at work for a week. They will all claim they had a relative die!
You mean the way you and yours did when McCain/Palin lost?
Salty

United States

#19 Nov 24, 2008
Cool Peppa wrote:
Don't disrespect the Pope like that. Obama can't be compared to the Pope in any context. Stick with the topic please.

Since: Jan 08

Washington, DC

#22 Nov 24, 2008
StudivantSlim wrote:
America already died on November 4, 2008.

Jacksonville, FL

#23 Nov 24, 2008
SeaBass wrote:
<quoted text>
America already died on November 4, 2008.
Actually, we were officially diagnosed with a terminal illness on 11/4/2008.

Since: Aug 08

Los Angeles, CA

#27 Sep 29, 2009
This is in poor taste and inappropriate.
LOL

Bradenton, FL

#28 Sep 29, 2009
Julianna_ wrote:
This is in poor taste and inappropriate.
Soooo, you're out, you didn't win.....

kidding, don't hit me.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Standish Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lake Region Aquarium Society - Aquarium DIY Wor... Sep '17 LRAS Fish Club 1
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Gorham (Apr '17) Apr '17 VictorOrians 1
Eating places in Gorham (Aug '16) Oct '16 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 2
News Maine's Black Point Inn and Migis Lodge Named t... (Apr '08) Aug '16 migis lodge sewage 2
News Video Shows Officer Trying to Pull Over 2 Cows (Jul '16) Jul '16 beatlesinthebog 6
News Standish man arrested on domestic violence charges (Jan '15) Jan '15 Jay Bush 2
Standish Welcomes BEATLES FOR SALE: The Tribute! (Feb '11) Oct '14 New England Music... 3

Standish Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Standish Mortgages