First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Eaglefan44

Beckley, WV

#1 Aug 10, 2012
I had the chance to watch ww football practice and noticed to real good qb wasnt dressed and participating in practice,is he going to be playing or whats the deal?does anyone know?We need him on the field.Hope everythings ok.
noitall

Beckley, WV

#2 Aug 10, 2012
The Osborn kid is the better qb on the team,so i bet the other ends up a rb.That way coach can have 2 great players on the field instead of one.
thegreatest

Beckley, WV

#3 Aug 10, 2012
I heard lillys boy was being moved to qb!
ignoramus

Mount Hope, WV

#4 Aug 10, 2012
noitall wrote:
The Osborn kid is the better qb on the team,so i bet the other ends up a rb.That way coach can have 2 great players on the field instead of one.
The osborne kid has not played QB in a varsity game yet. How can he be better than the first string kid that was all state as a junior. You sir, are an ignoramus. You do not know football and need to pipe down.
noitall

Beckley, WV

#5 Aug 11, 2012
I know who is the better qb is and so does thier coach, but lilly will screw it up before its all done and said.The osborn kid is the best lb on the team but Lilly is not going to play him in that spot because he plays family first at all cost!Havent you been watching any Beckley football in the last 5/6 years? The best player is johnson but the best qb is osborn, even a midget league coach can see that!He needs to put them both on the field at the same time!
yourright

Beckley, WV

#6 Aug 11, 2012
The qb got hurt playing wide reciever is what i was told so Lilly already is looking to move him!I was wondering who is the migit on the coaching staff?
lillywhitelies

Beckley, WV

#7 Aug 11, 2012
Just read the charleston sports page and saw were the sc coach said lilly wanted to scrimmage on monday instead of sat because school starts on monday and more kids would come out to watch.Here is some info for you Lilly,kid dont start school monday and if you want more fans in the bleachers you should resign!that would be a great way to but more fans in the seats.
so sick

Beckley, WV

#8 Aug 11, 2012
As long as you have a parent on the field nothing will be good
lillywhitelies

Beckley, WV

#9 Aug 11, 2012
in most cases coaches sons our good to great players because they have grown up around to game but thats most cases not this one however
lilly

Beckley, WV

#10 Aug 11, 2012
I am the greatest !!!!!!!!!!
Hate speech

Mount Hope, WV

#11 Aug 11, 2012
noitall wrote:
I know who is the better qb is and so does thier coach, but lilly will screw it up before its all done and said.The osborn kid is the best lb on the team but Lilly is not going to play him in that spot because he plays family first at all cost!Havent you been watching any Beckley football in the last 5/6 years? The best player is johnson but the best qb is osborn, even a midget league coach can see that!He needs to put them both on the field at the same time!
How can you say osborne is the best when he has not played in a varsity game and the johnson kid is a proven winner? Osborne may be a good linebacker but the comparison you made was at the QB position. I have been watching beckley football and I laugh at it. You are right that johnson is the better player. If he is the better player it would be only logical that he would be the better Quarterback.
BeckleyFan

Beckley, WV

#12 Aug 11, 2012
One of Johnson's best attributes is the fact that he is super quick and fast. He ran for his life every game last season and turned alot of those broken plays into good ones. The offensive line stunk and the center kept snapping the ball on the ground.

Osborne is more of a pocket passer and has a nice arm. He would be running for his life to though.

Doesn't matter which one starts because we will still stink like we have for the last 8 years. Maybe back into the playoffs like last year and get whipped again.
romney osborne for QB

Mount Hope, WV

#13 Aug 11, 2012
BeckleyFan wrote:
One of Johnson's best attributes is the fact that he is super quick and fast. He ran for his life every game last season and turned alot of those broken plays into good ones. The offensive line stunk and the center kept snapping the ball on the ground.
Osborne is more of a pocket passer and has a nice arm. He would be running for his life to though.
Doesn't matter which one starts because we will still stink like we have for the last 8 years. Maybe back into the playoffs like last year and get whipped again.
How can you say that osborne is more of a pocket passer? Is it that osborne is slower? Is it that osborne is not as quick? Therefore, he is so limited that he has to stay in the pocket? How can you say he is more of a pocket passer when his passing stats do not surpass that of johnsons? Maybe johnson ran for his life because the coach runs the triple option and does not pass out of it. If the head coach calls for running plays how can you say that johnson is not a pocket passer when he is simply running the plays the coach calls. He cant pass it if the play called is a read play off the defensive end that commits on the fake to the running back. People support your arguments with facts. Osborne is not a pocket passer until he starts a varsity game. He is not even a starter at the QB position until he can beat out Johnson and that is not happening anytime soon. Osborne will get his shot. He is not going to be as great as you think with Lilly running the team. You want Osborne to be successful... get stevie kidd at woodrow.
whatever

Elizabeth, WV

#14 Aug 11, 2012
noitall wrote:
The Osborn kid is the better qb on the team,so i bet the other ends up a rb.That way coach can have 2 great players on the field instead of one.
I agree that Osborne is a good QB but it takes more to lead a team than just someone who can throw good out the pocket. Johnson proved last year that he is by far one of the best athletes in the state and he will do it again this year. He is a smart and quick thinker, he runs the ball for just as many yards as he throws, he is in command when he is on the field by making sure that his teammates are in position and ready to go. If you read the article a few weeks ago, he has already been chosen as a preseason all-stater and honestly this kid can play in any position. He is an athlete and his love for the game shows everytime he is on the field. Coach Lilly knows Osborne is good and that he has 2 more years to play the position but I doubt that he can play at the same caliber as Johnson at the Varsity level. BTW, he does hold a few records at WWHS now from the awesome season he had last year.
Johnsons mom

Elizabeth, WV

#15 Aug 11, 2012
yourright wrote:
The qb got hurt playing wide reciever is what i was told so Lilly already is looking to move him!I was wondering who is the migit on the coaching staff?
Well I am sorry to tell you that you heard wrong! My son got hurt while practicing a fake field goal attempt, the player who places the ball for my son to kick decided to pick up the ball so Johnson ran into the endzone for a pass. The pass was thrown very low and he dove for the ball to catch it. He landed on his shoulder and rolled over on it. He has improved tremendously since that practice and you will see again as the signal-caller for the Flying Eagles. I love Brent Osborne and I think he too is a great QB but this is my son's last year and Brent still has 2 years left at WWHS to show his skills. Goodluck to the coaching staff and to the Flying Eagles team, "Let's Go"!!!!!!!!!
lilly puts family first

Mount Hope, WV

#16 Aug 11, 2012
The fact that Johnson got hurt shows Lilly doesn't know what he is doing. Letting Johnson run the ball before the season starts and allowing him to get hit or fall down when he is your bread and butter shows Lilly does not know how to win. Then to start his son over better athletes is atrocious and to play people out of position is atrocious. Think about it, would you let Osborne play linebacker now that Johnson is hurt? Osborne is now your starter if Johnson cant make it and Osborne is out there tackling people and he is hurt with a knee brace on his leg. The third string QB is a 9th grader on the j.v. who doesn't even know how to open his locker yet.
thenoitall

Beckley, WV

#17 Aug 12, 2012
i thought you had to be winning some be considerd a great qb?Just wondering what the young mans record is as a starting ? Its a shame he doesnt have any coaching or line because he could be great.I watched practice 2 time already and i havent seen anyone that looked like Lugersky(sp) out there.I quess that was another lilly white lie.You can take the coach out of shady but you cant take the shady out of the coach.Hiring all blacks coaches isnt fooling anyone!
BeckleyFan

Beckley, WV

#18 Aug 12, 2012
No I was just trying to explain to people the difference between the two Quarterbacks. Johnson has a heck of an arm, but had almost no protection last year so he had to run for his life alot of the time. I thought it was impressive because he very rarely got sacked. It is also not the kids fault that they didn't win more games. We just run stupid plays. Have all that speed and just run everything up the middle.

Other teams have wide receivers running all kinds of routes, our kids do the same thing everytime. Its just sad to watch each and every season.

I go out to support the kids and my alma mater, but I DO NOT support the coach.
thenoitall

Beckley, WV

#19 Aug 12, 2012
why is all the talk around the state about the Weeks boy from shady and not ww qb?Read the papers around the state and weeks is always talked about but nothen about the beckley boys.
BeckleyFan

Beckley, WV

#20 Aug 12, 2012
The Weeks boy has great size and a great arm. Believe he already has quite a few offers. Johnson would have to play something other than QB in college more than likely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanaford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Sep '11) 18 min Concerned_American 5,565
jay bare 18 min beckley101 1
The Monon inside the White House 47 min Me too 13
Luna moth (Aug '10) 5 hr tom 4
Linda K. Epling Stadium (Jul '12) 8 hr cold hard facts 45
I'm so high that I'm seeing purple chicken nugg... 14 hr so lame 5
Review: Nighthawk Security (Jan '13) 14 hr Tbuck95 42

Stanaford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stanaford Mortgages