Bike paths are good for county

Bike paths are good for county

There are 8 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Mar 29, 2010, titled Bike paths are good for county. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

I' m a veteran of bike path efforts, having pursued a defeated plan for Williamstown in the 1980s, assisted in the creation of the Ashuwillticook Trail in the 1990s, looked on sadly as a proposed extension of the Ashuwillticook to North Adams ran into obstacles a few years ago and am currently involved in conn e c t i n g North Adams and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

common sense

Williamstown, MA

#1 Mar 30, 2010
Why not stick your own county then, or even state, Mr. Vermont, and leave us alone?
And as an "environmentalist", what studies have been done about the impact to various plant and animal (particularly bird) species when the path is buit through wetlands behind The Spruces and neighborhoods along Ashton Ave?
Please tell us more about this alternate plan, which you did not detail in your column.
Prove me wrong

Albany, NY

#2 Mar 30, 2010
Bike paths are a great idea and should be expanded to link all of Berkshire county. Nay-sayers can eat my shorts on this issue.
common sense

Williamstown, MA

#3 Mar 30, 2010
Would those be bike shorts with the nice padded butt insert? Probably lots of fiber in those...

Bike paths are a good idea. I never said that they weren't. I just don't think that this plan has been fully thought through, and in these economic times, and with other (more important)infrastructure issues, this whole plan should be (back) back burnered.
Jackasourus

United States

#4 Mar 30, 2010
common sense wrote:
Would those be bike shorts with the nice padded butt insert? Probably lots of fiber in those...
Bike paths are a good idea. I never said that they weren't. I just don't think that this plan has been fully thought through, and in these economic times, and with other (more important)infrastructure issues, this whole plan should be (back) back burnered.
So in these economic times we need to hire a biologist, a civil engineer, wetland delinator and a couple of more consulatants to look at the historical values of the slice of Earth. Then we can hire some construction companies and pull the thing together, but lets take your idea and dwaddle around like every other idea in the county. Thanks for your encouargement and vision there Common Sense.
Ken

Springfield, MA

#5 Mar 30, 2010
The heck with a bike path!!! WE were supposed to get a by-pass 50 years ago to help build industry. Look at our kids now. Waiting tables for the New Yorkers!!

“Limitedtimeoffer exps21122012”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsfield

#6 Mar 31, 2010
Ken wrote:
The heck with a bike path!!! WE were supposed to get a by-pass 50 years ago to help build industry. Look at our kids now. Waiting tables for the New Yorkers!!
The reason we have New Yorkers here is because we don't have a major high cutting through the Berkshires, be lucky for what we have ever seen Detroit, they have a highway. The bypass is dead get over it.
Elizabeth

Easthampton, MA

#7 Apr 6, 2010
As a home owner, the only objection I would have to an adjacent bike path is motorized vehicles. Are they allowed on bike paths? Besides noise, I would assume that they would cause extra wear and tear on the path.

“Limitedtimeoffer exps21122012”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsfield

#8 Apr 6, 2010
Elizabeth wrote:
As a home owner, the only objection I would have to an adjacent bike path is motorized vehicles. Are they allowed on bike paths? Besides noise, I would assume that they would cause extra wear and tear on the path.
No, unlike a bypass you will not here a bike with a trailer exhaust brakes coming down a hill or the whine of crouch rockets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stamford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pills and Other Research Chems 11 hr Hundreds of mill ... 5
News Crazy Days: Police see evidence of gang activit... (Nov '08) Fri realElmerFudd 163
News Vermont unemployment rate drops to 3.1 percent ... Fri realElmerFudd 10
News ChemFab neighbors say they were sickened Sep 6 Hundreds of mill ... 5
News Up to 10 years for man caught with 600 bags of ... Aug 29 Fat Markey Fife 16
News Two face cocaine charges, one faces deportation Aug '17 Hundreds of mill ... 8
News Letters: A a thoughtlessa remark (Sep '10) Aug '17 realElmerFudd 16

Stamford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stamford Mortgages