Rash of break-ins has town on edge

Full story: Bennington Banner

Four break-ins since May and three in the past week in nearby Clarksburg, Mass., have prompted the VermontState Police to take special measures in order to prevent futureincidents and apprehend the person or persons responsible.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
shocked

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

lol wheres robert ferris, living now, lol maybe in stamford
Attention

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

wow Zach Dumas Gets let out of jail about amonth ago and wow
Add another one

Cohoes, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

Correction: Clarksburg has had 4 confirmed breakin/robberies in ONLY the past 10 days!
All in the same area! All during broad daylight!

Since: Oct 09

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

Those are just the ones they know about! Find this criminal and end it!
Victim of the boarder

Cohoes, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

I would just like to say Thank You! To everyone that has called in their sightings and information on suspicious behavior. Your small details have helped. You all know who you are. Keep on the look out.
Oh and yes! USE YOUR DIGITAL CAMERA of the vehicals and people walking by that should not be in your neighborhood.
Take a picture. Print it out or put it on disk. And give it to officer Williams. He can use that information. Some of the past breakins have never been solved and may not be this 1 guy. Your picture of the van, car, 20 year old walking through the woods or on your street... could solve other cases.
PLEASE START TO USE YOUR DIGITAL CAMERA. Submit your photos down at the Town Hall to the police.
Or call Williams and leave a message for him to come and pick the photos up.
Let's try to have a Happy Holiday Season and get this guy out of our back yards, off our streets and out of our homes!
People helping people

Cohoes, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

Get your DIGITAL CAMERAS out and ready!

Take pictures Stamford.
Take pictures Clarksburg.

And submit them ASAP.

We need your small tips and leads!
People helping people

Cohoes, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

The meeting is this Saturday! I will be there.

Since: Oct 09

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

Where and when is the meeting?
Join the watch group

Cohoes, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

The meeting is at the Stamford Valley Golf course. Today!(Saturday November 14th) from 1-3PM. All attendees are encouraged to leave at least 1 person home.

We hope to come to the meeting to learn about the breakins and find out how to protect your home!
B&E's are on the rise in Stamford and Clarksburg.
Sightings

Cohoes, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Saturday 3:30PM- A person matching description was believed to be in the woods around Pine Ave/Fieldwood Drive area at 4:00PM this afternoon. The person was seen previously walking down Middle Road, Clarksburg-south towards North Adams before-hand (walking on the right hand side of road). The person matching then was gone from sight. Police have been called and responded. A person has been questioned. No further details available.
Attendee

Cohoes, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

What a great meeting! It was amazing to see the "standing room only" crowd. It is terrific to see our communities pull together to help each other. There was so helpful information being shared on how we can help each and ourselves. I am very grateful. A big thank you to whoever organized the meetin--- excellent job! I didn't even mind standing for the entire 1 hour and 1/2!
Bottom line is this: Criminals will be flushed out of our communities no "ifs", "ands" or "buts"
When

Cohoes, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

When is the next Stamford/Clarksburg Community meeting!?
Wondering

Cohoes, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Is anyone planning on attending the next Crime Watch Meeting on December 5th?
INFO

Cohoes, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

Next meeting is now December 12th... they are rescheduling so some main people can attend..still waiting for confirmation.
Reward being offered for the silly Clarksburgalar.... check here:
http://iberkshires.com/blog/...
INfo

Cohoes, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

Great meeting!
20 serious and committed residents showed up to here the police address the group.
Next BIG meeting is scheduled for January 16th 1PM at Stamford School.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Stamford Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Stamford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance