What we can do for Obama

What we can do for Obama

There are 129 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jan 19, 2009, titled What we can do for Obama. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

On Jan. 20, just 48 years ago, John F. Kennedy shifted the burden of office partly back on the electorate, by urging people to ask not what their country could do for them, but what they could do for their ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
GMHeller

Falls Church, VA

#1 Jan 19, 2009
"This Jan. 20, we can partially ease an impossible burden on him by asking not what Obama can do for us; but what we can do for Obama."

Oh Yes yes, YES!
We need to do MORE!
Call Congressman John Olver's office and tell him you want your federal income taxes increased 15% higher, and that more money should be taken by government to help the poor, the downtrodden, abused mothers, and children scarred by poverty.
Call Smitty Pignatelli's office, too.
Tell the Smittster that Massachusetts should raise sales tax from 5% to 10% because we're just not doing enough to fight poverty and help the homeless.
Call your local Selectmen as well.
Tell them to raise property taxes 15% to help all those poor people who can't afford cable TV and High-Speed Internet Service.
We must do MORE!
althea

Glens Falls, NY

#2 Jan 19, 2009
GMHeller wrote:
"This Jan. 20, we can partially ease an impossible burden on him by asking not what Obama can do for us; but what we can do for Obama."
Oh Yes yes, YES!
We need to do MORE!
Call Congressman John Olver's office and tell him you want your federal income taxes increased 15% higher, and that more money should be taken by government to help the poor, the downtrodden, abused mothers, and children scarred by poverty.
Call Smitty Pignatelli's office, too.
Tell the Smittster that Massachusetts should raise sales tax from 5% to 10% because we're just not doing enough to fight poverty and help the homeless.
Call your local Selectmen as well.
Tell them to raise property taxes 15% to help all those poor people who can't afford cable TV and High-Speed Internet Service.
We must do MORE!
Ilike it!
QVC President

Old Chatham, NY

#3 Jan 19, 2009
This is what you can do for The One.

https://donate.pic2009.org/page/contribute/sh...

Or maybe you don't have a dorm room for a poster.

http://pic2009.inauguralcollectibles.com/cate...
GMHeller

Falls Church, VA

#4 Jan 19, 2009
QVC President wrote:
This is what you can do for The One.
https://donate.pic2009.org/page/contribute/sh...
Or maybe you don't have a dorm room for a poster.
http://pic2009.inauguralcollectibles.com/cate...
I just can't get enough of Barack Hussein Obama, can you?
He's just SO GREAT!
Oh, I feel faint.
Get your fill

Old Chatham, NY

#5 Jan 19, 2009
GMHeller wrote:
<quoted text>
I just can't get enough of Barack Hussein Obama, can you?
He's just SO GREAT!
Oh, I feel faint.
You can see the parade of narcissists dancing like good little primates before the soon to be narcissist in chief.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/natio...
GMHeller

Falls Church, VA

#6 Jan 19, 2009
Oh, and contact Gov. Deval Patrick's office and DEMAND that Mass Turnpike Tolls be INCREASED at least 35% to provide more jobs for unionized road construction crews, to provide more overtime police details on those job sites, and to provide salary increases for underpaid Turnpike executives.
We must do MORE for our fellow citizens, it's the least we can do to honor our great new president!
Berkshire Bill

United States

#8 Jan 19, 2009
Get your fill wrote:
<quoted text>
You can see the parade of narcissists dancing like good little primates before the soon to be narcissist in chief.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/natio...
equating celebrating supporters of President elect Obama with apes? I'll bet you would deny that is racist, but what else would you call it? Oh wait, here's a few more descriptive words: hateful, spiteful, and being a sore loser. It's going to be a long 8 years for you, Mr Grinch. I revel in your unease.
Nope not apes

Old Chatham, NY

#9 Jan 19, 2009
Berkshire Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
equating celebrating supporters of President elect Obama with apes? I'll bet you would deny that is racist, but what else would you call it? Oh wait, here's a few more descriptive words: hateful, spiteful, and being a sore loser. It's going to be a long 8 years for you, Mr Grinch. I revel in your unease.
http://www.anatomicallycorrect.org/organgrind...

Topix censures the word M o n k e y

But sure go ahead keep your stereotypical view of conservatives. Wouldn't want anything to harm that 'progressive open mindedness'.
Georgia

Lenox, GA

#10 Jan 19, 2009
Why do people keep trying to relate obama to historical presidents? He hasnt done a thing yet.
Berkshire Bill

United States

#11 Jan 19, 2009
Nope not apes wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.anatomicallycorrect.org/organgrind...
Topix censures the word M o n k e y
But sure go ahead keep your stereotypical view of conservatives. Wouldn't want anything to harm that 'progressive open mindedness'.
I respect conservatives and am willing to debate honestly on issues of importance. Racists are another matter - I despise them. You are one.
Yup sure OK

Old Chatham, NY

#12 Jan 19, 2009
Berkshire Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect conservatives and am willing to debate honestly on issues of importance. Racists are another matter - I despise them. You are one.
Yes you know me so well. I also forgot the left has the patent on how to label people.

Since: May 08

East Otis, MA

#13 Jan 19, 2009
Yup sure OK wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you know me so well. I also forgot the left has the patent on how to label people.
The labels are pre printed,we just make sure the right people get the right ones!
Someone screwed up royally when they labeled Bush as a Compassionate Conservative!
If I wanted to hear

Old Chatham, NY

#14 Jan 19, 2009
from an @$$ I would have farted.
ramdan wrote:
<quoted text>
The labels are pre printed,we just make sure the right people get the right ones!
Someone screwed up royally when they labeled Bush as a Compassionate Conservative!
GMHeller

Falls Church, VA

#15 Jan 19, 2009
Georgia wrote:
Why do people keep trying to relate obama to historical presidents? He hasnt done a thing yet.
Hush yo mouth, boy!
Berkshire Bill

United States

#16 Jan 19, 2009
Georgia wrote:
And what have you ever done for anyone or any cause? The last thing we need is to hear from a white racist from the most backward state in the Union. It really bothers you that a black man will be your president. You'll never accept that, and I love how miserable it makes you.

Who let you on this thread anyway - this is for educated people from the North.
GMHeller

Falls Church, VA

#17 Jan 19, 2009
Berkshire Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
And what have you ever done for anyone or any cause? The last thing we need is to hear from a white racist from the most backward state in the Union. It really bothers you that a black man will be your president. You'll never accept that, and I love how miserable it makes you.
Who let you on this thread anyway - this is for educated people from the North.
Berkshire Bill, why do you insist on denigrating (in the most vicious fashion) anyone who questions Barack Obama's competence to be president?
Just because you decided to drink the Obama Kool-Aid and become one of the fellow's obedient cult followers doesn't mean all have lost their minds.
Berkshire Bill

United States

#18 Jan 19, 2009
GMHeller wrote:
<quoted text>
Berkshire Bill, why do you insist on denigrating (in the most vicious fashion) anyone who questions Barack Obama's competence to be president?
Just because you decided to drink the Obama Kool-Aid and become one of the fellow's obedient cult followers doesn't mean all have lost their minds.
Because I won't let neo con losers who have tried to destroy this country over the past 8 years have a moment's peace now. Let's see who wins. Oops, I won. Have a nice day tomorrow gnashing your teeth.
GMHeller

Falls Church, VA

#19 Jan 19, 2009
Berkshire Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I won't let neo con losers who have tried to destroy this country over the past 8 years have a moment's peace now. Let's see who wins. Oops, I won. Have a nice day tomorrow gnashing your teeth.
What gnashing teeth?
It's entertaining as h.e.l.l. watching so many make absolute fools of themselves genuflecting to someone so patently phony and ridiculously out of his depth.
One wonders how long it will take Obama's enormous ego to catch up to the seriousness of his predicament.
He's going to have to start making real life-death decisions -- not the type he's ever been used to -- and will have to live with the consequences of those decisions for the rest of his life.
Obama to Hellar

Savoy, MA

#20 Jan 20, 2009
Hi Glenn,

I am going to be busy at my inauguration today but I wanted to take the time to say hello to my biggest fan. No one is obsessed with me more than you and it is quite flattering.
I am going to be around and in your face for at least four years so open up a six pack and enjoy the ride. I will make sure you don't lose that social security check

yo yo
PDupont

Easthampton, MA

#21 Jan 20, 2009
GMHeller wrote:
<quoted text>
What gnashing teeth?
It's entertaining as h.e.l.l. watching so many make absolute fools of themselves genuflecting to someone so patently phony and ridiculously out of his depth.
One wonders how long it will take Obama's enormous ego to catch up to the seriousness of his predicament.
He's going to have to start making real life-death decisions -- not the type he's ever been used to -- and will have to live with the consequences of those decisions for the rest of his life.
No, G.W. was out of his depth. He Ignored warnings that Al Qaeda was a danger, Ignored warnings that Bin Laden was determined to strike within the U.S. and we'veived with those consequencesfor eight years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stamford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former NSK Steering Systems America plant manag... Jun 26 Markey Fife Pissant 2
News OneCare launching care coordination software in... Jun 24 Dr Pendyke 2
News Road Pitch investors ride motorcycles into Brat... Jun 23 internet troll 1
News Thurway traffic stop leads to drug charges Upda... Jun 23 internet troll 1
News 3 people rescued after boat capsizes on Lake Ch... Jun 23 markey fife 6
News Frustrated (Nov '13) Jun 20 kiel duh cumspunj 145
News Route 9 closed after tractor-trailer accident (Nov '08) May '16 Markey Fife 275
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stamford Mortgages