Project bringing DSL to Stamford

Project bringing DSL to Stamford

There are 3 comments on the North Adams Transcript story from Nov 29, 2009, titled Project bringing DSL to Stamford. In it, North Adams Transcript reports that:

For many local residents, it's almost time to cut the cord. This small Vermont town is poised to lose a last link to Verizon Communications and complete a transition to FairPoint Communications for its phone service.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Adams Transcript.

Resident of town

Schenectady, NY

#1 Nov 30, 2009
I believe what CJ says when I see it ... The Allan Dr tower is not in progress no one knows what the other is doing...
Everyone (members of committee and residents) are fed up ... no new customers have been added for quite sometime... 6 years ago this all started; give me a break! The few that have it have had it for awhile ...
Questions will be asked at town meeting !!!
Herbie

South Hadley, MA

#2 Nov 30, 2009
Act 250 sounds like a lot of garbage put in place to keep people employee by the state so why would you not expect the regional office to cause problems?
Also A Resident

Williamstown, MA

#3 Nov 30, 2009
As I understand it, it is a total volunteer effort - have you ever offered to help them out? Myself and several of my neighbors just joined last month, so I do believe new members are being added.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stamford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pig Julie Teeter 9 hr Julie Teeter 13
Matt Monaghan Fri Julie Teeter 35
21 Countries Feb 10 Kiels other gay l... 22
News Man pleads not guilty to several fraud charges (May '10) Feb 10 markey 16
News Frustrated (Nov '13) Feb 9 markey 117
Dumb Alicia Grimsley Feb 5 Julie Teeter 22
News Man arraigned on sex charge has cable TV show t... (Aug '07) Feb 5 markey a realasshole 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stamford Mortgages