Police stand by report

Police stand by report

There are 33 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jul 15, 2009, titled Police stand by report. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Vermont State Police troopers are standing behind their allegations of underage drinking by at least 30 teenagers made following a July 5 bust of a graduation party on Sportsmans Club Road in Stamford, Vt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lolz

West Chesterfield, MA

#1 Jul 16, 2009
anyone else here just hate cops?
Former Blue 1 Adams MA

Granby, MA

#2 Jul 16, 2009
lolz: You being in Pittsfield hate cops? How can any rational person think of living in Pittsfield without them? Or anywhere for that matter!
Bad Times

Adams, MA

#3 Jul 16, 2009
The Pittsfield cops are a bigger source of our discontent than the drug dealers. If you stay away from the Morningside and lower west side neighborhoods...the drug dealers wont bother you. If you stay away from dens of iniquity such as Zen's and Pepe's...you wont even see a drug dealer and/or gang member.

But these Pittsfield cops are like scourges of the Berkshires!!! Just like the absolute d!ckheads who broke up a graduation party...a GRADUATION party of all unholy things!!! Can you say abuse of power? I cant even believe what I am reading....state troopers took a 12 pack from a graduation party and cited like 500 people!!! If I were a superior officer (or whatever those jagoffs call each other) I would have the troopers responsible for this relegated to pushing papers 'til eternity! What a disgrace.

I'd be waaaay more supportive of law enforcement bodies if it werent for stories like this.
robert

Springfield, MA

#4 Jul 16, 2009
lolz wrote:
Lets see... did they just show up because they were bored?... No, neighbor complained. Did they just start beating people or pepper spraying them?....Not that I can tell. Did they arrest anybody?..... No just gave out a couple of tickets. Damned if I can figure out your problem with this. Same kind of thing happened to us when we were that age and WE GOT OVER IT.
idiotdetector

Syracuse, NY

#5 Jul 16, 2009
Bad Times wrote:
The Pittsfield cops are a bigger source of our discontent than the drug dealers. If you stay away from the Morningside and lower west side neighborhoods...the drug dealers wont bother you. If you stay away from dens of iniquity such as Zen's and Pepe's...you wont even see a drug dealer and/or gang member.
But these Pittsfield cops are like scourges of the Berkshires!!! Just like the absolute d!ckheads who broke up a graduation party...a GRADUATION party of all unholy things!!! Can you say abuse of power? I cant even believe what I am reading....state troopers took a 12 pack from a graduation party and cited like 500 people!!! If I were a superior officer (or whatever those jagoffs call each other) I would have the troopers responsible for this relegated to pushing papers 'til eternity! What a disgrace.
I'd be waaaay more supportive of law enforcement bodies if it werent for stories like this.
Can't believe what you are reading?? I can't believe someone like you can even read... without a picture book anyway.

You obviously cant read if you mix up numbers like 500 and 30. You would feel totally different of this story if one of these kids got drunk and drove into a car carrying any of your family???

The police didn't go there on their own. They were called to a disturbing the peace call. They have to respond mo matter how matter how stupid it may be.

Alcohol is responsible for more deaths in this country due to drunk driving... so doesn't sound like the cops were so bad here. Did they arrest anyone?? no.. all citations. not too bad considering there are no criminal charges involved.

There are plenty of "good" stories about cops in the paper all the time. You just don't like them period. Let me guess you were falsely arrested before right??
Airyhead9

AOL

#6 Jul 16, 2009
Throw the book at the stupid adults who provided the alcohol and enabled the kids. This would have been a great time to prove that a graduation party (or any party) is a lot more fun without alcohol or drugs. If I were the parent of any teen at
the party, I would consider suing the adults who were present and should have known better.
Run Away

United States

#7 Jul 16, 2009
Airyhead9 wrote:
Throw the book at the stupid adults who provided the alcohol and enabled the kids. This would have been a great time to prove that a graduation party (or any party) is a lot more fun without alcohol or drugs. If I were the parent of any teen at
the party, I would consider suing the adults who were present and should have known better.
I agree!!!! Especially when the mother planned to make it drinking party. I was hearing about it from a family member about 2-3 weeks before.
Astounded

New York, NY

#8 Jul 16, 2009
I don't agree. This is exactly why we have more problems in the United States than in Europe with kids and alcohol because there is such a draconian reaction to the thought of young adults consuming alcoholic beverages even in a controlled environment and learning the risks and dangers of binge drinking and associated irresponsible behaviour. Even when some kids are doing the right thing by having designated drivers, they are all charged with criminal offenses. Most of these situations could be handled like they were 30 years ago, check the kids out and send them home if appropriate. So, in this instance, Lolz is right.
idiotdetector

Syracuse, NY

#9 Jul 16, 2009
Run Away wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree!!!! Especially when the mother planned to make it drinking party. I was hearing about it from a family member about 2-3 weeks before.
ANd do you actually believe that crock of a mother complaining, her excuse saying there was only a 12 pack of beer. All those adults there... and a 12 pack of beer. B.S. another piece of trash who can't admit she made a mistake and be an adult.

The bottom line is.. if there was no police response... and there was a car full of kids killed due to the alcohol.. people would be bashing the police for not doing anything.

Almost every kids experiments with alcohol.. graduation or not.. doesn't make it legal or any safer.

Seeing what the outcome could have been.. a few citations doesn't seem like the cops were out of line at all.
Bad Times

Adams, MA

#10 Jul 16, 2009
idiotdetector wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't believe what you are reading?? I can't believe someone like you can even read... without a picture book anyway.
You obviously cant read if you mix up numbers like 500 and 30. You would feel totally different of this story if one of these kids got drunk and drove into a car carrying any of your family???
The police didn't go there on their own. They were called to a disturbing the peace call. They have to respond mo matter how matter how stupid it may be.
Alcohol is responsible for more deaths in this country due to drunk driving... so doesn't sound like the cops were so bad here. Did they arrest anyone?? no.. all citations. not too bad considering there are no criminal charges involved.
There are plenty of "good" stories about cops in the paper all the time. You just don't like them period. Let me guess you were falsely arrested before right??
Who does the "idiot detector" call when he wants to look up the use of hyperbole? Is there a such thing as an "Idiot Idiot Detector?"

500 people or 30 people, regardless, dont you get it? A graduation party was broken up, the occasion was marred, if not ruined, because some pigs wanted to play tough guys with their silly clubs and toy badges!

We have a similar epidemic in Pitiful Pittsfield...too many inept, knuckle-dragging moron cops (and other law enforcement officials) who selectively enforce the law but let their corrupt friends get away with murder...literally in some cases! And you expect me to ball-wash our boys in blue like some of the people do that frequent this board??? F 'em! That is dedicated to 85-90% of the PPD
Johny Hempseed

Newburyport, MA

#11 Jul 16, 2009
I can hardly believe my eyes with these other comments.

America is collection of many different people, it's supposed to be our commitment to a common set of ideas that sets us apart - and what are those ideals? Freedom! Not Control. Not Obedience. Freedom!

It sure as heck isn't heavily armed moral police with guns and dogs chasing people into the woods over a few cans of beer.

Our police forces are turning into Taliban-like moral enforcers. At the least the Taliban ones are poor and only have sticks, not guns and dogs.

From the comments above, it looks like we're becoming so brainwashed we can't even see what's happening to our society. We are the ONLY country in the world that even has a drinking age above 18!!!!!

In all our peer countries the police couldn't have even come onto this property legally. And what do we get for turning our towns into police states this way? The highest rate of youth alcohol abuse and binge drinking in the world.

Can't you see what's happening to us? It's all about coercion. Indoctrinating the young - today it's a police man, tomorrow it's your corporate boss. Obey! Pee in a cup if we tell you do! Work overtime this weekend with no extra pay! We're increasing your taxes again! Th
idiotdetector

Syracuse, NY

#12 Jul 16, 2009
Bad Times wrote:
<quoted text>
Who does the "idiot detector" call when he wants to look up the use of hyperbole? Is there a such thing as an "Idiot Idiot Detector?"
500 people or 30 people, regardless, dont you get it? A graduation party was broken up, the occasion was marred, if not ruined, because some pigs wanted to play tough guys with their silly clubs and toy badges!
We have a similar epidemic in Pitiful Pittsfield...too many inept, knuckle-dragging moron cops (and other law enforcement officials) who selectively enforce the law but let their corrupt friends get away with murder...literally in some cases! And you expect me to ball-wash our boys in blue like some of the people do that frequent this board??? F 'em! That is dedicated to 85-90% of the PPD
What about the lives that are marred in the after math of graduation parties every year in this country.

Hate police all you want... but they were called there for a disturbance. They have to go. THEY DID NOT ARREST ANYONE. THEY GAVE CITATIONS.

I guarentee you are too much of a coward to speak your mind to any cop let alone the 85% of the PPD.

You can have a graduation party without serving copious amounts of booze illegally. They brought them on themselves. What a cry baby you are. WAAAA POLICE OFFICERS WERE MEAN>> WAAAAAAAAA
idiotdetector

Syracuse, NY

#13 Jul 16, 2009
Johny Hempseed wrote:
America is collection of many different people, it's supposed to be our commitment to a common set of ideas that sets us apart - and what are those ideals? Freedom! Not Control. Not Obedience. Freedom!
It sure as heck isn't heavily armed moral police with guns and dogs chasing people into the woods over a few cans of beer.
Our police forces are turning into Taliban-like moral enforcers. At the least the Taliban ones are poor and only have sticks, not guns and dogs.
From the comments above, it looks like we're becoming so brainwashed we can't even see what's happening to our society. We are the ONLY country in the world that even has a drinking age above 18!!!!!
In all our peer countries the police couldn't have even come onto this property legally. And what do we get for turning our towns into police states this way? The highest rate of youth alcohol abuse and binge drinking in the world.
Can't you see what's happening to us? It's all about coercion. Indoctrinating the young - today it's a police man, tomorrow it's your corporate boss. Obey! Pee in a cup if we tell you do! Work overtime this weekend with no extra pay! We're increasing your taxes again! Th
Move to Canada if you think the grass is greener elsewhere loser.
what

Clockville, NY

#14 Jul 16, 2009
If the cops did nothing and some of the young people left and got into a accident. The cops would be getting sue. The cops did the right thing and so did the neighbors by the calling the police. The only criminals were the parents. We all know the law. The law says 21 to drink. Why, because to many young people that turn 18 were drinking and driving and getting killed. My son is 21 and I still think that is to young to drink..We can forever fight about this but the law is 21 with no exceptions. Break the law do the time for the crime..
concerned

Albany, NY

#15 Jul 16, 2009
i know a couple of families whose children went to a graduation party thrown by a mom and dad just like this one and the children never came home they died when they hit a telephone pole and the other one killed someone else an innocent bystander wrong place at the wrong time..i may be old fashioned but save the kid by having an alcohol free party i know boring but you can find other ways of celebrating than drinking..there were a few that ran when the cops were called so those that took off could have drove right into a family member/i know cause there is a lot of bragging about underage parties
Brian

Huntington, MA

#16 Jul 16, 2009
lolz wrote:
No, & you are an idiot and a moron. You must be a criminal.
Joe

Bolton Landing, NY

#17 Jul 17, 2009
I'm surprised that everyone is so shocked about this. When I was a kid, I used to attend parties, sneak out of the house, do stupid immature stuff, etc., and occasionally we got our hands slapped by the cops et. al. It sucked, we were bummed, but we expected that outcome if we were caught. That's their job. I would be afraid of a society where the kids didn't fear having their hands slapped. Somewhere in the past few decades we took a wrong turn in raising our children. Probably is related to all of the whiny self-righteous blubber that gets spewed by parents on this board.
lolz

United States

#18 Jul 17, 2009
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
No, & you are an idiot and a moron. You must be a criminal.
hahahaha far from it buddy.
HOWS THIS

Schenectady, NY

#19 Jul 17, 2009
Johny Hempseed wrote:
There's this country...it's called CANADA....you should start lookin into Canadian bacon...moose....hockey. If I found out, my daughter was at a graduation party, where alcohol was being served to minors, with or without parents there...ESPECIALLY with adults there, and serving it...YOU CAN BET YOUR A$$ THAT I'M PUTTIN SOMEONE'S BUTT ON A PLATTER.....it has nothing to do with a police state, increasing taxes, or whether or not they had permission to be on the property ya screw ball. Mom,Dad...DJ...they were all wrong.
yep

Syracuse, NY

#20 Jul 17, 2009
Johny Hempseed wrote:
When a crime has been committed.. the police had every right to be on the property...

If you think it is better in other countries.. please.. move.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stamford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Act 39 Study Tue Markey P Fife 13
News Police: Woman had sex with 14-year-old boy Jan 10 Markey fife 3
News AG files lawsuit against local landlord Cross (Mar '09) Jan 4 markey fife 80
News Former NSK plant manager gets jail for embezzle... Jan 1 Markey fife 2
21 Countries (Dec '15) Dec 30 markey fife 42
News Couple, son convicted of Vt. Medicaid fraud Dec 27 Irate Taxpayer 1
News Route 9 closed after tractor-trailer accident (Nov '08) Jul '16 BufurdTPuszey 273

Stamford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stamford Mortgages