Route 9 closed after tractor-trailer ...

Route 9 closed after tractor-trailer accident

There are 250 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Nov 24, 2008, titled Route 9 closed after tractor-trailer accident. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

A 70-foot tractor-trailer towing a car carrier spun-out Saturday on a snow-covered Woodford Mountain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

Real Vermonter

Charlestown, MA

#202 Dec 10, 2008
I'm working on it! Along with the common sense test there should be a multitasking test! I believe over 50% of the people who drive don't have common sense or can't do more than one thing at a time! Driving requires both! Thats why you see a good number of new drivers crash in the first year! The current drivers written and physical test is not adequate! Only God knows how to handle the influx of young and first time drivers who really shouldn't be on the road!
Dr Fineman

United States

#203 Dec 10, 2008
X-Vermonter wrote:
<quoted text>
One of my token idiots went into my construction trailer this morning, and proceded to microwave his leather gloves for 10 minutes on high. Now I have never smelled burning flesh before, but I'm sure this was a close second.(note to self, buy new microwave and give old one to idiot for xmas)
Your son takes after you dosn't he. Foolishness runs in the family!
Real Vermonter

Charlestown, MA

#205 Dec 10, 2008
What? LOL!!
Bundy

Barre, VT

#206 Dec 10, 2008
The Aot applies salt at certain rates 200lbs per lane mile or 250 if it is still snowing the salt loses it strength depending on the temp and moisture.What they should do is use sand after that so that vehicles can maintain traction and keep the snow from packing.But our enviro friendly people has talked the Feds into a ban in using sand,and the fact that only about half of the vehicles using this road run the proper WINTER TIRES.Also people need to slow down and drive a little more safely.Any one involed in a spin out on that road or any other should be fine if they dont have proper winter tires
Real Vermonter

Charlestown, MA

#207 Dec 10, 2008
Al Bundy? Just kidding! It's been one of those days! What about liquid anti-icers, CMA - Calcium Magnesium Acetate, Magnesium Chloride and Calcium Chloride? Are any of these used her yet? Vermont probably doesn't have enough money for hi-tech stuff like that!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#208 Dec 10, 2008
WELL BOYS AND GIRLS lets see what these two days bring to THE MOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!!

WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THURSDAY TO
1 PM EST FRIDAY...
A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THURSDAY TO
1 PM EST FRIDAY.
A SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM WILL AFFECT THE CENTRAL AND EASTERN
MOHAWK VALLEY...SCHOHARIE VALLEY...GREATER CAPITAL DISTRICT...
LAKE GEORGE SARATOGA REGION...NORTHERN TACONICS AND ALL OF
SOUTHERN VERMONT FROM LATE THURSDAY MORNING TO FRIDAY AFTERNOON.
4 TO 12 INCHES OF SNOW...ALONG WITH ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATION OF
SLEET POSSIBLY TOTALING ONE HALF TO ONE INCH OR GREATER IS
EXPECTED. IN ADDITION...ONE QUARTER TO ONE HALF INCH OF ICE
ACCUMULATION IS POSSIBLE FROM ALBANY EASTWARD TO THE NORTHERN
TACONICS AND ALL OF SOUTHERN VERMONT. THE HIGHEST SNOW TOTALS ARE
EXPECTED TO BE NORTH AND WEST OF THE CAPITAL REGION.
A MIX OF SNOW AND SLEET WILL DEVELOP LATE THURSDAY MORNING INTO
THURSDAY AFTERNOON FROM SOUTH TO NORTH ACROSS THE AREA. THE
PRECIPITATION WILL INITIALLY BE LIGHT...THEN BECOMING HEAVIER
LATE THURSDAY AFTERNOON INTO THURSDAY NIGHT. SOME FREEZING RAIN
WILL BE POSSIBLE AS WELL...WITH THE MOST SIGNIFICANT ICING
EXPECTED TO OCCUR FROM ALBANY EASTWARD. MIXED PRECIPITATION WILL
CHANGE BACK TO SNOW FRIDAY MORNING...WITH A FEW ADDITIONAL INCHES
OF ACCUMULATION POSSIBLE.
LOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP IN THE SOUTHEASTERN U.S. TONIGHT...AND
TRACK NORTHEAST ON THURSDAY TO THE MID ATLANTIC REGION...ALONG A
STALLED FRONTAL BOUNDARY. THURSDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY MORNING...
THE LOW WILL TRACK FROM ALONG THE NEW JERSEY COAST TO THE EASTERN
TIP OF LONG ISLAND...THEN TO MAINE BY FRIDAY AFTERNOON. THE STORM
WILL DRAW PLENTY OF MOISTURE FROM THE GULF OF MEXICO...RESULTING
IN A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF WINTRY PRECIPITATION.
A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW...
SLEET...AND ICE ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO
POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

Location hidden

#209 Dec 10, 2008
Dr Fineman wrote:
<quoted text>Your son takes after you dosn't he. Foolishness runs in the family!
Really do you ever give it a break? Just asking??
bundy

Barre, VT

#210 Dec 10, 2008
Real Vermonter wrote:
Al Bundy? Just kidding! It's been one of those days! What about liquid anti-icers, CMA - Calcium Magnesium Acetate, Magnesium Chloride and Calcium Chloride? Are any of these used her yet? Vermont probably doesn't have enough money for hi-tech stuff like that!
yes they have some sort of calcium liquid they use.i dont know what thew sop is forits use

Location hidden

#211 Dec 10, 2008
Here I figured I would find a place that broke it down into a little more detail....

Overnight: A chance of snow showers and freezing rain. Cloudy, with a low around 23. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Thursday: A chance of snow before noon, then snow and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a high near 28. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Thursday Night: Snow, freezing rain, and sleet. The freezing rain and snow could be heavy at times. Low around 23. East wind between 6 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Friday: Snow and sleet, becoming all snow after 8am. High near 30. North wind between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 8. West wind between 6 and 10 mph.

Location hidden

#212 Dec 10, 2008
No one knows how much we will get... Only mother nature and Jack frost knows what they might be dumping on us.... I guess we will have to see what tomorrow brings
Real Vermonter

Charlestown, MA

#213 Dec 10, 2008
I know what Friday will bring! Skiers and other out of state travelers! Yes they will be headed east on route 9 and north on route 7 and 7a on Friday and west on route 9 and south on 7 and 7a on sunday! They will all be in a hurry and the deputy sheriff's will have their radars and ticket books ready! I don't know which is worse, the BCSD or the weather! Anyways the weather forecasters are calling for an inch of ice on everything! Ever drive on a frozen lake? Good thing there is nothing to hit because driving on ice, besides being crazy, is nothing more than one big uncontroled skid! I'll have all my travel business done first thing tomorrow!

Location hidden

#214 Dec 10, 2008
I love driving in a snow storm but no one can drive on ICE that is just a accedent waiting to happen... I too will have everything in order so I can snuggle with my other half on firday.. Everyone be safe.. get stocked up incase power goes out... I have a generator so see ya on line...
Real Vermonter

Charlestown, MA

#216 Dec 11, 2008
Watch out for the Bennington County Sheriff's Department Deputy Sheriffs tonight and through the weekend! Remember they are only looking out for your own good! Funny thing is they only do this with a vengence Thursday through Sunday when the roads are packed with taxpayes and out of state travelers who come here to spend their hard earned money which keeps our great state afloat during these trying times! The money the deputy sheriff takes is less money these same people can spend at local bussiness'! If everyone slows down a little the roads will be safer, the bussiness' of the state will prosper and the BCSD will likely go out of business! Thats not really a bad thing because all they do is write traffic tickets and cost lots of people a ton of cash which could be better used! Now you all have a goal SLOW DOWN!
Real Vermonter

Charlestown, MA

#217 Dec 13, 2008
The RWIS Camera on Woodford is supposed to be working but it is still not running online at http://www.rwisvt.com/
Lilia

Provo, UT

#218 Jan 14, 2011
Sounds like they're going to need tractor trailer towing. http://www.hdtowing.com/
Max Rockatansky

Australia

#220 May 8, 2011
Real Vermonter wrote:
The RWIS Camera on Woodford is supposed to be working but it is still not running online at http://www.rwisvt.com/
Marky, you have been supposed to to be working for the last 30 years, but just leach off of productive members of society.

How'd the satdy reach round pardee go with the new angus on the block?
Max Rockatansky

Australia

#221 May 8, 2011
Real Vermonter wrote:
Give it up other side of the hill, these fools are all looking for someone else to blame! I know for a fact that it was cold and sunny on my side of the mountain! Elmer Fudd, Bennington County Deputy Sheriff's don't get paid overtime during regular patrols! And what do you know about taking care of a state highway? Please know what you are talking about before you act like you do! The driver of the second truck should get a medal? NOT! He should get a TICKET for following too close, driving too fast for road and weather conditions or CITATION for careless driving! Thats is the road conditions were as bad as you say they were! Thanks to the highway crew for creating a crisis? Who are you going to blame next? Mother nature? God? For putting the snow there of course? I have travelled that road more than most of you (thats a fact) and I have never had any problems! Why do you think that is? a mom, for your information this didn't happen in Bennington so what does anything Stu Hurd said have to do with it? Thats what I thought! So everyone but the involved drivers are at fault here right folks? Bring that defense and your public defender to court with you and see what happens! Thats what I thought!
Aaahhh. The oldies but goodies.

Marky, you have been full of shit for quite some time.

That's what I thought!

LOL!
OMG!
LOL!

You four king deuce bag.
itsme

Bennington, VT

#222 May 8, 2011
Max Rockatansky wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaahhh. The oldies but goodies.
Marky, you have been full of shit for quite some time.
That's what I thought!
LOL!
OMG!
LOL!
You four king deuce bag.
See what I mean. You are the worst, you are obviously deep in love with this Marky person so much that you're going back back more three years and bringing up his old posts just so you can talk about him. What I find to be LOL! OMG! LOL! is you.
Max Rockatansky

Australia

#223 May 8, 2011
itsme wrote:
<quoted text>
See what I mean. You are the worst, you are obviously deep in love with this Marky person so much that you're going back back more three years and bringing up his old posts just so you can talk about him. What I find to be LOL! OMG! LOL! is you.
Marky, you are so pathetic when you grovel for acceptance like that.
itsme

Bennington, VT

#224 May 8, 2011
Max Rockatansky wrote:
<quoted text>
Marky, you are so pathetic when you grovel for acceptance like that.
So who else on TOPIX do you have a crush on? Is it lsu?? Is it Alex???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stamford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Frustrated (Nov '13) 1 hr markey 108
Mariko da Ditz Wed Community Disorga... 19
Help Wanted-Sistums Enjunear (Jan '14) Sep 1 BufurdTPuszey 99
Poll What type of town is Bennington (Sep '13) Aug 31 Dr Pendyke 316
News Bennington man accused of selling heroin to pol... Aug 31 Dr Slobotnick 2
News Bennington launches marketing campaign Aug 31 markey daasshole 3
News Brothers charged in connection with $32,000 bur... Aug 31 Dr Pendyke 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stamford Mortgages