State Police bust party

State Police bust party

There are 8 comments on the North Adams Transcript story from Jul 7, 2009, titled State Police bust party. In it, North Adams Transcript reports that:

The Vermont State Police broke up a large graduation party for a Drury High School student on Sportsman Road on Sunday, citing four adults with enabling minors to drink alcohol and 30 minors for underage drinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Adams Transcript.

Rod

New York, NY

#1 Jul 8, 2009
its hard to believe that there are ADULTS willing to go along with this type of thing. I certainly dont want me kid to be given alcohol by another adult!
I hope they are seriosly punished so it send a clear message to other adults. Illegal activity is just that "illegal"
seriously

Ashfield, MA

#2 Jul 8, 2009
Are you kidding? You're talking about do as you want Vermont. They let child rapists walk.
BillyBob

United States

#3 Jul 8, 2009
Rod wrote:
its hard to believe that there are ADULTS willing to go along with this type of thing. I certainly dont want me kid to be given alcohol by another adult!
I hope they are seriosly punished so it send a clear message to other adults. Illegal activity is just that "illegal"
I agree, well said!!!!!
Anonymous

Clockville, NY

#4 Jul 8, 2009
This isn't fair for the graduate or anyone else who was there. Teenagers are going to be at parties, they need to do is be responsible. The troopers are going to blow this out of proportion
Anonymous

Clockville, NY

#5 Jul 8, 2009
ALL THIS IS DOING IS CAUSING GOOD KIDS TO GET IN MORE TROUBLE THAN THE DRUGGIES WHO GET TO ROME FREE. The cops should be busting those people and pedifiles. Teenagers will be teenageers
From Williamstown

Williamstown, MA

#6 Jul 8, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
This isn't fair for the graduate or anyone else who was there. Teenagers are going to be at parties, they need to do is be responsible. The troopers are going to blow this out of proportion
Well, the party was busted due to a noise issue, so if they were going to have a party, they shouldn't have been drinking, unless they could keep it quiet enough to keep from getting busted. I drank at parties as a kid, but I wasn't a dumbass about it, if you are doing something wrong, you need to keep yourself in check. Or have the party off in the forest somewhere you are less likely to get busted. I'm not condoning underage drinking, but I realize it's going to happen no matter what. The adults should have either enforced the rules, or been scarce. You can't be an adult and stand around watching kids drink. I feel bad for the DJ, he's going to waste a lot of time and money in court for working a party, kind of a rock in a hard place for some on in that line of work, its not your kids, but the laws are clear.
Disgusted

AOL

#7 Jul 8, 2009
Well drugs may have been involved as well! Just look at whose property the party was at! He was big into drugs when he was younger! How many idiots broadcast the party on facebook? Probably some of the idiots that thought that partying was cool put their pictures on facebook drinking! Maybe now people will learn not to serve minors! That would have been nice if someone was killed! Shame on you (suppose to be) adults!
Concerned

Easthampton, MA

#8 Jul 8, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
I commend the state police for finally doing something. Teenagers are irresponsible when they drink and they almost always drink to get drunk. That is why the drinking age is not 18 but 21. How many more of these parties where parents buy their children alcohol, or look the other way when their children consume alcohol are we, the public, going to tolerate. 4 out of every 10 deaths in Massachusetts are alcohol related. These kids don't understand that partying all night and then driving home IS NOT OKAY. They think it will never happen to them, but newsflash...PEOPLE DIE FROM THIS. Maybe now they will learn their lesson BEFORE someone has to die.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stamford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pills and Other Research Chems Sep 23 Hundreds of mill ... 5
News Crazy Days: Police see evidence of gang activit... (Nov '08) Sep 22 realElmerFudd 163
News Vermont unemployment rate drops to 3.1 percent ... Sep 22 realElmerFudd 10
News ChemFab neighbors say they were sickened Sep 6 Hundreds of mill ... 5
News Up to 10 years for man caught with 600 bags of ... Aug 29 Fat Markey Fife 16
News Two face cocaine charges, one faces deportation Aug '17 Hundreds of mill ... 8
News Letters: A a thoughtlessa remark (Sep '10) Aug '17 realElmerFudd 16

Stamford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stamford Mortgages