Giving thanks for Obama

Giving thanks for Obama

There are 15 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Nov 23, 2009, titled Giving thanks for Obama. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

It is distressing to hear people who supported President Obama's election expressing disappointment, less than a year into his presidency.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

Dave

Queensbury, NY

#1 Nov 23, 2009
"Obama's stimulus package reined in a recession" ???????? WOW ... what world are you living in ???????
Brian

Easthampton, MA

#2 Nov 23, 2009
Dave wrote:
"Obama's stimulus package reined in a recession" ???????? WOW ... what world are you living in ???????
Thats the world liberals live in. They believe what they want to believe.
disgusted

AOL

#3 Nov 23, 2009
Yes, so much to be thankful for.

1) I'm thankful Obama has increaed our national debt nore than all the previous presidents COMBINED. All in less than one year too.

2) I'm thankful Obama and the democrats rammed a so called stimulus package down our throats with no republican input whatsoever.

3) I'm thankful that the stimulus package is really working for us - unemployment is only just a little over 10% and climbing.

4) I'm thankful that the present adminsitration is trying hard to count all those jobs the stimulus package supposedly created or saved. Of course their figures have repeatedly proven to be bogus but Obama is a "Decent" man so I'm sure there is no funny business going on like a republican president would be accused of.

5) I'm thankful the labor unions were given ownership of the american auto industry. It's good to see all their donations to the democratic party are being put to good use.

6) I'm thankful Obama and the Dem's in Congress and the Senate feel the need to ram a health care bill down our throat even though a majority of americans want no part of it. But Obama is sooooo smart and decent. I'm sure he knows what's best for us.

7) I'm thankful Obama is going to give terrorists from other countries the same rights you and I have in this country.

8) I'm thankful Obama and Holder will tie up millions of dollars and countless resources caring for these terrorists while this O.J. Simpson-like trial takes place. Hey, wait a minute, can Obama count these as jobs saved or created by the stimulus bill?

9) I'm thankful Obama has Joe Biden in charge of the stimulus funding because he is so smart. He even knew that the word JOBS is only three letters. Boy, am I stupid, I thought it was four letters. Maybe Dan Quale and Joe can collaborate on a children's spelling/math book.

10) I'm thankful locally we have a source of news that will accurately report the buffoonery of this administration so we can make informed decisions next time we vote....that would be Fox News.

Alz

Since: Oct 08

Chicago

#4 Nov 23, 2009
disgusted wrote:
Yes, so much to be thankful for.
1) I'm thankful Obama has increaed our national debt nore than all the previous presidents COMBINED. All in less than one year too.
2) I'm thankful Obama and the democrats rammed a so called stimulus package down our throats with no republican input whatsoever.
3) I'm thankful that the stimulus package is really working for us - unemployment is only just a little over 10% and climbing.
4) I'm thankful that the present adminsitration is trying hard to count all those jobs the stimulus package supposedly created or saved. Of course their figures have repeatedly proven to be bogus but Obama is a "Decent" man so I'm sure there is no funny business going on like a republican president would be accused of.
5) I'm thankful the labor unions were given ownership of the american auto industry. It's good to see all their donations to the democratic party are being put to good use.
6) I'm thankful Obama and the Dem's in Congress and the Senate feel the need to ram a health care bill down our throat even though a majority of americans want no part of it. But Obama is sooooo smart and decent. I'm sure he knows what's best for us.
7) I'm thankful Obama is going to give terrorists from other countries the same rights you and I have in this country.
8) I'm thankful Obama and Holder will tie up millions of dollars and countless resources caring for these terrorists while this O.J. Simpson-like trial takes place. Hey, wait a minute, can Obama count these as jobs saved or created by the stimulus bill?
9) I'm thankful Obama has Joe Biden in charge of the stimulus funding because he is so smart. He even knew that the word JOBS is only three letters. Boy, am I stupid, I thought it was four letters. Maybe Dan Quale and Joe can collaborate on a children's spelling/math book.
10) I'm thankful locally we have a source of news that will accurately report the buffoonery of this administration so we can make informed decisions next time we vote....that would be Fox News.
Your list reminds me of my definition for liberal courage.

The reality is it takes some kind of courage to do all of those things.

"To the Modern Liberal, courage is knowingly doing the wrong thing."

It must be some kind of courage to keep doing things that will end up hurting people.
HellerCarbonCapN TradeLLC

Rockville, MD

#5 Nov 23, 2009
Republicans are giving thanks for Obama.
Obama is the best thing that's happened to the Republican brand since James Earl Carter, the second worst U.S. president.
Yoga Man

Whitehall, PA

#6 Nov 23, 2009
Mr Obama is the most partisan, divisive, hack we've ever elected to office. I supported his campaign and voted for him, but now see him for what he really is, a far left radical who lies and pretends to be moderate.

I am all for change, but Mr Obama does not represent change, he represents big government at its worst. He does not do things to help us, but soley to build his political base and reward his backers with pork.

Mr Stevens, please do not be blinded by his soaring but phony rhetoric.
James Gallagher

Albany, NY

#8 Nov 23, 2009
He has done nothing he has a democratic house and still has problems passing a doomed health care bill. He is indecisive on afganistan his weak image to the world is embarresing. Yes he came into office in a tough time so did bush and yes hes got to fix problems going back to carter. I hope he gets better but as of now he is a failure....
HellerCarbonCapN TradeLLC

Rockville, MD

#9 Nov 23, 2009
James Gallagher wrote:
He has done nothing he has a democratic house and still has problems passing a doomed health care bill. He is indecisive on afganistan his weak image to the world is embarresing. Yes he came into office in a tough time so did bush and yes hes got to fix problems going back to carter. I hope he gets better but as of now he is a failure....
Who knew that "Hope & Change" was actually going to mean that his supporters were to Hope that Obama would Change?
The gods are laughing themselves silly over this turn of events.

Since: Apr 09

North Adams, MA

#10 Nov 23, 2009
James Gallagher wrote:
He has done nothing he has a democratic house and still has problems passing a doomed health care bill. He is indecisive on afganistan his weak image to the world is embarresing. Yes he came into office in a tough time so did bush and yes hes got to fix problems going back to carter. I hope he gets better but as of now he is a failure....
Hi James....Whats up buddy? HaHa Don't say my name on here!! I'll talk to you on FB.
Living in GB

Schenectady, NY

#11 Nov 25, 2009
Disgusted, I agree with you 100%

I was also thinking: With all the pictures of Obama bowing to foreign leaders, how come we never have seen a single leader bow to him???? If it is their culture and a sign of respect, then how come they are not bowing to Obama?
Does this show how little respect they have for him?
King Tut

Anchorage, AK

#13 Nov 25, 2009
Living in GB wrote:
Disgusted, I agree with you 100%
I was also thinking: With all the pictures of Obama bowing to foreign leaders, how come we never have seen a single leader bow to him???? If it is their culture and a sign of respect, then how come they are not bowing to Obama?
Does this show how little respect they have for him?
They think he is a weak poser who shows the decline of America because of the fetish of diversity that will destroy us.

“Hello Trump”

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#14 Nov 25, 2009
Obama's Race.

Got your attention didn't it? Now that I have it suffice it to say this isn't about Obama's race of color,rather its about his race against TIME. The time he needed to implement his far left leaning agenda once his charade as the centrist he ran and won on was exposed. He needed 12/18 months to enact his programs in order to have SOME time for the hoodwinked citizens to:

a. Accept them as enevitable.

b. Believe they are working.

c. Forget their socialist roots.

He needed this time for these programs to become a memory in the minds of the people before the 2010 mid-terms. Ooooops.......

1. People aren't accepting them.

2. They are NOT working.

3. People will NOT forget.

The dangerous slope the liberals have put us (US) on has us in a downward economic spiral,threatens National Security and has created an enviroment of suspicion about Washington's policies.

Obama has lost his race........

“We WILL Vote You OUT!”

Since: Oct 09

Great Barrington

#15 Nov 25, 2009
Thanks Lauren , for the great column. Now if you go back and read what you wrote, you'll realize that Nobama has been a complete failure. Nobody can stand him any more. His own party is abandoning him. His polls are at the lowest yet even with the house passing Nancy's Health care bill. So lets be thankful that Nobama won this election. After seeing what the real agenda of the far left is, it will be many, many years before we see another dem in the white house. So lets be thankful.

Since: Nov 09

Clockville, NY

#16 Nov 25, 2009
Yoga Man wrote:
Mr Obama is the most partisan, divisive, hack we've ever elected to office. I supported his campaign and voted for him, but now see him for what he really is, a far left radical who lies and pretends to be moderate.
I am all for change, but Mr Obama does not represent change, he represents big government at its worst. He does not do things to help us, but soley to build his political base and reward his backers with pork.
Mr Stevens, please do not be blinded by his soaring but phony rhetoric.
Yoga Man, I've been seeing you claim that you've voted for Obama but have now 'seen the light'. Were you so far misled by him that you, apparently, changed your entire worldview from 'somewhat democrat' to 'raving hard-right conservative' in less than a year? If you did indeed vote for him, that speaks much more about your instability than about the President, who has not strayed far from his campaign agenda. But I believe you are more of what is called a 'concern troll'- look it up if you don't know what that is.
Number 89

Northville, NY

#17 Nov 25, 2009
SubLiterate wrote:
<quoted text>
Yoga Man, I've been seeing you claim that you've voted for Obama but have now 'seen the light'. Were you so far misled by him that you, apparently, changed your entire worldview from 'somewhat democrat' to 'raving hard-right conservative' in less than a year? If you did indeed vote for him, that speaks much more about your instability than about the President, who has not strayed far from his campaign agenda. But I believe you are more of what is called a 'concern troll'- look it up if you don't know what that is.
You are a cartoon character. Not Hanna-Barbera.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stamford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pills and Other Research Chems Jun 18 painmeds 1
News Up to 10 years for man caught with 600 bags of ... Jun 14 Brooklyn Bernie 8
led cup lights Jun 1 High Sherrif Markey 2
News Major investors in Putnam Block project see it ... May '17 Dr Pendyke 4
News Town business group to promote economic vitality (Oct '16) May '17 Dr Pendyke 7
News Local man arraigned on drug charges (Oct '08) May '17 Dr Kaputnick 22
Tomato plants May '17 Brooklyn Bernie 2

Stamford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stamford Mortgages