Church objection vexes parishioner

Church objection vexes parishioner

There are 14 comments on the North Adams Transcript story from Jul 19, 2010, titled Church objection vexes parishioner. In it, North Adams Transcript reports that:

Regarding Mark Dupont and St. Stanislaus Kostka Church [Transcript story, "State list vexes Church, Saturday, July 17): Mr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Adams Transcript.

Townee

Easthampton, MA

#1 Jul 19, 2010
The church has ZERO interest in the thoughts of it's parishioners. It has always been, and always WILL BE, about money and power (control). Control the flock, bleed them drive, then move on. The church has done little to attempt to reassure its "flock" in these difficult times and seemingly has gone out of its way to suppress it's extremely serious and disgusting pedophile issue. The cover has been blown off the private "mens" club and the church is doing everything in its power to restore that cover so it can get back to business as usual. It's all been just an elaborate ruse to provide wealth and a good life to a bunch of perverted and greedy men.
just me

San Antonio, TX

#2 Jul 19, 2010
I'm getting sick of hearing and reading about this church-It's a building--OWNED BY THE CHURCH. Arrest all the treespassers, secure the building- then sell it and be done with this garbage.
nannuck

Albany, NY

#3 Jul 19, 2010
The Church is
A Group of Believers
That Pay Bills and Maintain

NOT some nasty clerics that floated up to the top
and use the property and funds for personal reasons
vexed

United States

#4 Jul 19, 2010
It's #4 - they don't want anyone to visit, to learn about the vigil and what they have wrought.
Adamsresident

Clifton Park, NY

#5 Jul 19, 2010
this is in reply to "just me"
Boy what a a-- you sound like!!! You don't like hearing about this or reading about this then DON'T, skip over it, no one is FORCING you to read it!!!! Secondly, the "church" does not "own" it the diocese owns the church thanx to the PEOPLE of Adams who built it AND paid for it all these years with their hard earned money!!!!!!!!
poor catholics

Hinsdale, MA

#6 Jul 19, 2010
They're finally discovering the viciousness of their church. It only took them centuries.
just me

San Antonio, TX

#7 Jul 19, 2010
Adamsresident wrote:
this is in reply to "just me"
Boy what a a-- you sound like!!! You don't like hearing about this or reading about this then DON'T, skip over it, no one is FORCING you to read it!!!! Secondly, the "church" does not "own" it the diocese owns the church thanx to the PEOPLE of Adams who built it AND paid for it all these years with their hard earned money!!!!!!!!
OH well excxuse me. The diocese owns it. who is in charge of them? DID YOU BUILD IT? Do you not go to church someplace else? then burn the dam place.
Adamsresident

Clifton Park, NY

#8 Jul 19, 2010
As I said, you sound like a real a--!!!! No I didn't build it and NO I don't go to church someplace else!!

Once again, if it bothers you so much to read about it or hear about it, then DON'T !!!! Sounds like you'd have issues with ANYTHING that wasn't what YOU felt should or shouldn't be. You also sound like a sad angry person who has nothing better to do!!
Andrew

Clockville, NY

#9 Jul 21, 2010
People forget that a church is NOT a building, it's any group of believers who meet together for worship and mutual support. Buildings don't matter one ounce to God; people can just as easily meet in a member's home as a huge extravagant building.
wondering

AOL

#10 Jul 21, 2010
Andrew wrote:
People forget that a church is NOT a building, it's any group of believers who meet together for worship and mutual support. Buildings don't matter one ounce to God; people can just as easily meet in a member's home as a huge extravagant building.
Then close ALL churches. Why were they built in the first place, and why are some treated as "worthy" and others not? Catholics can not have a Mass "anywhere" unless a priest is present.
poor catholics

Hinsdale, MA

#11 Jul 21, 2010
Andrew wrote:
So the leaders of your faith are betraying God? Time for a schism and fast!

"I burn down your cities-how blind you must be
I take from you your children and you say how blessed are we
You all must be crazy to put your faith in me
That's why I love mankind"
tragedy

Albany, NY

#12 Jul 22, 2010
pompous as-ses
with no dignity
have hurt
the method of belief

and also some lay people
agree

Albany, NY

#13 Jul 22, 2010
ditto
Rejoice

Sparta, NJ

#14 Jul 22, 2010
Whoever was responsible for St Stan's being added to the list, the people of Adams owe you a great thanks. The word is that a final answer will be coming soon. Finally, the catholic community in Adams will be able to move on and continue to grow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stamford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pills and Other Research Chems Sep 23 Hundreds of mill ... 5
News Crazy Days: Police see evidence of gang activit... (Nov '08) Sep 22 realElmerFudd 163
News Vermont unemployment rate drops to 3.1 percent ... Sep 22 realElmerFudd 10
News ChemFab neighbors say they were sickened Sep 6 Hundreds of mill ... 5
News Up to 10 years for man caught with 600 bags of ... Aug 29 Fat Markey Fife 16
News Two face cocaine charges, one faces deportation Aug '17 Hundreds of mill ... 8
News Letters: A a thoughtlessa remark (Sep '10) Aug '17 realElmerFudd 16

Stamford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stamford Mortgages