Trump Parc arranges for affordable apartments

Trump Parc's developers are a step closer to fulfilling affordable housing requirements by purchasing a West Main Street building and converting some of its units into affordable condominiums. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
striper

Baltimore, MD

#1 Apr 16, 2008
It about time builders are doing somethinggood in town,
Stamford is way behind in low income rents.I still believe
there should be a cap on all rents.
Not fair to all

Paterson, NJ

#2 Apr 16, 2008
Even out of college with college loan hanging over my head and being a life long Stamford resident I was not qualified for a NEW affordable housing unit. I dont think people should be given something they cant afford or show they cant afford. Some of these people getting these units drive more expensive cars than the people having to pay full price.
Madmanmike

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Apr 16, 2008
They only use this affordable housing bull so they can build their huge structures, Stamford should return to the small town it used to be.

Since: Apr 08

Stamford, CT

#4 Apr 16, 2008
While I applaud that Trump Parc is trying to satisfy thier 10% without having to shell out 2.8 million dollars, I just wish it would have a more immediate impact.

Unforntunately in Stamford, what is considered "affordable" would be exorbitant almost anywhere else.

I mean how else would you describe a minimum salary of $42,000 a year to be considered for a 2 bedroom apartment?

I hope this changes soon or the landscape of this town will truly change. And I am sure it won't be for the better
Dying In Stamford

Madison, NJ

#5 Apr 16, 2008
What a joke.
Nothing is affordable in Stamford unless you are making over $70,000.
Wyn Achenbaum

Morristown, NJ

#6 Apr 16, 2008
How many new affordable units does this "solution" add to Stamford's supply?

For whom is this a solution?

When are we going to do something that makes the major changes in our incentives that will cause the private sector to put to use the 32+ year old 4.3 acre "Hole in the Ground," and the other unused lots in our downtown, and the underused site with buildings that come from the 1940s?

Correct the incentives. Let's do what we have to see those sites well used. The best incentive revision I know of is Land Value Taxation: lower the millage rate on buildings and raise the millage rate on land value.

Watch our underused sites blossom with buildings that will meet human needs, like housing for working people, middle class people, retirees, right in the center of things.

All we need is the enabling legislation for divorcing the property tax millage rate on land from the rate on buildings.

Or we can enjoy that lovely hole in the ground for another 30+ years, and leave it to our children's generation to enjoy, too!

“NWO Abolitioners”

Since: May 08

Alnitak, Alnilam And Mintaka

#7 Jun 10, 2008
My question is this, Exactly how many of those apartments are being made "affordable"; and how many Stamford residents, if any, have been afforded the opportunity to take advantage of these "affordable" units. Sounds to me like these "affordable" were a requirement/stipulation of the Contract, during the purchasing of the property.... What is my point? Maybe some of the good people of Stamford, might want to purchase one of those "affordable" units; I mean, if your risking your life, then you should enjoy in the benefits. I'm just saying...
Wyn Achenbaum wrote:
How many new affordable units does this "solution" add to Stamford's supply?
For whom is this a solution?
When are we going to do something that makes the major changes in our incentives that will cause the private sector to put to use the 32+ year old 4.3 acre "Hole in the Ground," and the other unused lots in our downtown, and the underused site with buildings that come from the 1940s?
Correct the incentives. Let's do what we have to see those sites well used. The best incentive revision I know of is Land Value Taxation: lower the millage rate on buildings and raise the millage rate on land value.
Watch our underused sites blossom with buildings that will meet human needs, like housing for working people, middle class people, retirees, right in the center of things.
All we need is the enabling legislation for divorcing the property tax millage rate on land from the rate on buildings.
Or we can enjoy that lovely hole in the ground for another 30+ years, and leave it to our children's generation to enjoy, too!
What is up

Flushing, NY

#8 Sep 3, 2010
It is now over two years since the last post. How many apartments have sold in Trump Parc Stamford? It sure looks empty to me.
Tiger Woulds

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Sep 4, 2010
i think about 40% looking at teh lights at night
Harry Secombe

Stamford, CT

#10 Sep 7, 2010
selling now. much more activity going on..
dead or alive

Stamford, CT

#11 Sep 10, 2010
apartments look nice. good location and great views. i also think that highgrove is complete now
Frijoles

Meriden, CT

#12 Sep 11, 2010
dead or alive wrote:
apartments look nice. good location and great views. i also think that highgrove is complete now
Shoddy construction though and still ridiculously priced.

And still an eyesore from multiple vantage points. Including from the Sound.
dead or alive

Stamford, CT

#14 Sep 13, 2010
why do you think the construction is shoddy? is this based on personal experience (as either an owner or a builder) or hearsay?
Really

Stamford, CT

#15 Sep 13, 2010
If there is any question on the quality of the work, just ask the mystery inspector.
dead or alive

Stamford, CT

#16 Sep 14, 2010
why let the truth get in the way of a good story..?
Yale

Stamford, CT

#17 Sep 15, 2010
the Yale apartments look awesome. lots of character
Anonymous

Stamford, CT

#18 Sep 15, 2010
What do you think of Stamford Advocate Staff writer Jeff Morganteen's work???

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/stamford-ct/T...
jedward

Stamford, CT

#19 Sep 16, 2010
I think he is good. I like his work
flo

Nashua, NH

#20 Sep 16, 2010
I am single and can barely afford a 1 bedroom apartment. They need to make affordable housing for single people...
flo

Nashua, NH

#21 Sep 16, 2010
Stamford needs to have affordable housing for single people, in order to live comfortable in Stamford you need to make over 70,000 and most of us do not make that much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stamford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cops search Seaside Park for Bianca Lebron's re... (Jul '09) 1 hr Citizen44 323
CT Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) 11 hr Tippy Faulker 792
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 hr Eric 69,368
Polluting the Long Island sound Tue Mike g papa 1
Before the Downfall of a Priest, a Fondness for... (Jul '06) Sep 14 Tippy Faulker 20
Best & Co. shuts its doors - Greenwich Time (Jun '09) Sep 13 mad813 67
Eating artists in Southwestern Connecticut dish... Sep 12 BPT 2
•••

Stamford News Video

•••
•••

Stamford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••