Liquor opposition a family affair in Wingate

Oct 29, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Enquirer-Journal

One Wingate family is urging fellow residents to vote against liquor by the drink in this year's referendum.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of39
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
No Liquor in Wingate

Waxhaw, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

Judged:

God bless the efforts of this God fearing Jesus loving family who knows the right way. Preacher Larrimore goes to Wingate Baptist Church and he was once a preacher of the Gospel in Monroe at First Baptist. I know people at Wingate who will vote for Liquor because they see it as a way to raise money for the town. But the facts tell a different story. Liquor may put money in the town treasury but it will also take money out. Money for increased police because crime always rises in towns that pass liquor. Money in higher insurance rates because of the increase in crime. Dr Sid Fletcher a retired science prof at Wingate says a basic law of physics applies to liquor, FOR EVERY ACTION THERE IS A EQUAL AND OPPOSITE REACTION. Or, in other words you reap what you sew. If Liquor passes you will not only see a rise in crime you will see poor lonely lost homeless alcoholics wandering the streets looking for something to steal that they can sell to buy them a pint of liquor. They will go into your garage and steal your weed eater and take it to the pawn shop to get $5 for a bottle. If you leave your keys in your car they will steal it driving fast to get away they could smash into a car on the highway and kill an entire family. It could be your family. Do you want it on your conscience? No! then vote against liquor.
Friend of Mayor Braswell

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2009

Judged:

We will raise more than enough money to pay for added police from the hotel and restaurant taxes after we get our liquor by the drink passed. We will have the only ABC Store between Monroe and Wadesboro. All the people from Marshville, New Salem, Peachland and Polkton will shop in our store. Our town will be filthy rich and able to afford high salaries for our police and town workers so we will get the best.
Freedom and Free Will

Indian Trail, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2009

Judged:

http://www.enquirerjournal.com/pages/full_sto...
Maybe there are other things to be worried about than God given "free will"... No one forces anyone to drink or to abuse drinking, just like no one forces people to eat at fast food restaurants everyday and succumb to heart disease and diabetes or to shoot heroin which is becoming a huge problem in Mecklenburg (and therefore, Union Co.).
Some may prefer to have a quiet family meal at Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse, Applebees, or Fridays due to the quality of the food rather than the usual killers fast food restaurants that are abundant in Union Co. Over the many years, where was this family outspoken against the tobacco industry? Or the gun stores and recurring gun shows where potential criminals can buy at will? Clean up your own house before you condemn the rest of society's.
Our soldiers die daily to support the freedoms our society cherishes. Don't forget this and don't abuse it.

Since: Dec 09

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

a liquor store would be a quality addition, since there is not a single bar in union county they sells decent beer on tap... and I am not talking about corn flavored water like coors and bud light.
the truth in Wingate

Rural Hall, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

Judged:

Liquor by the drink passed in Wingate. The ABC store passed in Wingate. Yippie Hurrah! Do you know how many liquor by the drink permits they have issued so far? ONE, that's right ONE. Only one place has bought a license to sell liquor by the drink and the town isn't expecting any other applications any time soon.
Not only is that a disappointment but we now know that an ABC store is going to cost the Wingate taxpayers approximately 1 million to 1.5 million to startup and that's not building a new building. With a small taxbase like Wingate that's a nice chunk of the town budget. Not only that but the state of NC requires that annual profit from all of it's licensees must be $250,000 or more or they will be closed. The proposed ABC store in Wingate may never open!
Old fluff and Stuff

Rural Hall, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

Judged:

When the town grows as a result of being the terminus of the Toll Road there should be restaurants opening up that will want to serve liquor. The town is preparing for it's future.
Roiiellfweizghte r

Rural Hall, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2009

Judged:

weellll if yo like liccker 2 mucsh then you well be sick width headaich in the mornnnnengs. It is callld a hangoivr ann it hurtz lik helllll. Alos you will piss all nite looong so yo doan get a lit of sliep. My wf says mi breath smeils lik an elefant fart. I axe her whein she smeild a elegfant fart to compar wiedth. Som nights I du a lot of pukin an hug the commmmod. Whem I am lik thiat I can't get mi pans dowin an sheit mi briches. Doan drienk an drive.
FreeTheWeed

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

Judged:

Now that liquor is there, let's take the next step. Make wingate the weed smoking capital of the South!
Cocaine 4 All

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2010

Judged:

We should get rid of all laws pertaining to drugs and let people have the freedom to get high any way they want to. The war on drugs is a waste of money. Didn't the US learn anything from Prohibition? We should be able to go to a store and buy Pot, hash, coke, meth and horse just like an ABC store. Get rid of arcane laws and give people freedom!
jessica

Pleasant Grove, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

there goin to be a liqou store in wingate yyyyaaaayyyy
FreeTheWeed

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

jessica wrote:
I can't wait until I can go buy some booze and thumb my nose at the church ladies who are afraid of alcohol!!!
Really

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Be nice. Alcohol has ruined lives, people, families, etc. We all need more church !
Really

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Old fluff and Stuff wrote:
When the town grows as a result of being the terminus of the Toll Road there should be restaurants opening up that will want to serve liquor. The town is preparing for it's future.

Its all about creating legal jobs !new concept put people back to work! New concept let peoplework and not sit back and collect disability ! Or unemployment . Get a J O B we all did !
Really

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Roiiellfweizghter wrote:
weellll if yo like liccker 2 mucsh then you well be sick width headaich in the mornnnnengs. It is callld a hangoivr ann it hurtz lik helllll. Alos you will piss all nite looong so yo doan get a lit of sliep. My wf says mi breath smeils lik an elefant fart. I axe her whein she smeild a elegfant fart to compar wiedth. Som nights I du a lot of pukin an hug the commmmod. Whem I am lik thiat I can't get mi pans dowin an sheit mi briches. Doan drienk an drive.
Crazy ! Get me another beer
Taxpayer

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Collect tax on weed put the dope dealers outta business.
Taxpayer

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Dont raise my taxes, tax the users ! You want it you pay the tax on product
Taxpayer

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

jessica wrote:
Please drink responsibly
Taxpayer

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

the truth in Wingate wrote:
Liquor by the drink passed in Wingate. The ABC store passed in Wingate. Yippie Hurrah! Do you know how many liquor by the drink permits they have issued so far? ONE, that's right ONE. Only one place has bought a license to sell liquor by the drink and the town isn't expecting any other applications any time soon.
Not only is that a disappointment but we now know that an ABC store is going to cost the Wingate taxpayers approximately 1 million to 1.5 million to startup and that's not building a new building. With a small taxbase like Wingate that's a nice chunk of the town budget. Not only that but the state of NC requires that annual profit from all of it's licensees must be $250,000 or more or they will be closed. The proposed ABC store in Wingate may never open!
Its open. The store is open jackson brown.
Taxpayer

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Old fluff and Stuff wrote:
Create jobs , what a foreign concept to washington brass
Jobs

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Its all about creating jobs , i repeat jobs...... We need jobs ... Whether its seling liquor or bies

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of39
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stallings Discussions

Search the Stallings Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 2 min State of Florida 49,450
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 4 hr NorthernLights 4,790
black on black crime (Sep '13) 18 hr thetiming 11
Cruising Charlotte late 60's Early 70's (Mar '13) 21 hr David Alan 2
Saving Money on Ebay School, work & Christmas (Jul '13) Fri yes 4
NAACP pickets at Roses store, protests GOP poli... Apr 17 James Jeffers 39
a Gap in N.C. Law Let Frank Davidson Drive with... (Aug '07) Apr 17 Finally free 133
•••
•••
•••
•••

Stallings Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Stallings People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance