Hudson River crash survivors fly home...

Hudson River crash survivors fly home the day after

There are 22 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 16, 2009, titled Hudson River crash survivors fly home the day after. In it, Newsday reports that:

Craig Black said he was anxious about his US Airways flight to Charlotte Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jimmy Crack Corn

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Jan 16, 2009
That blond is a good looking chick.

Since: Dec 07

WestBURY is the best BURY!

#2 Jan 16, 2009
This makes my year!

:-)
vinny dykstra

Staten Island, NY

#3 Jan 16, 2009
that sunrise prob never looked better
Prince of Mastic Beach

Oyster Bay, NY

#4 Jan 16, 2009
How many frequent flyer miles do they get from LaGuardia to the Hudson River/48th Street?
Jim from Middle GA

Warner Robins, GA

#5 Jan 16, 2009
Lets hear it again from Airline mgmt- cut the pilot salaries, anyone can do their job!
The passengers did the right thing (women and children first), they exited quickly and orderly. The NYC emergency guys were there in a minute, the damn ferry boats were there first. it could have been a hell of a lot worse.
liner

Bronx, NY

#6 Jan 16, 2009
I don't know about getting back on a plane so soon!
passenger

United States

#7 Jan 16, 2009
"What do you mean you lost my luggage"

“Rockin' in the Free World”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#8 Jan 16, 2009
passenger wrote:
"What do you mean you lost my luggage"
LMAO!!! It was diverted up the river.
Troll intheass

Northport, NY

#9 Jan 16, 2009
What the flock happened?
bob nolan

Patchogue, NY

#10 Jan 16, 2009
Someone has got to explain to me how Capt. Sullenberger had the nerve and the intestinal fortitude to ditch that airliner and have 155 lucky people survive. Truly a superhuman achievement.Must go down in aviation history. Can't wait to hear his story.
Also, the photographs of those passengers standing on the wings awaiting rescue were absolutely surreal. Found it hard to believe what I was seeing.
W O W

Ramsey, NJ

#11 Jan 16, 2009
In 2001, at the start of a presidency and despite all of the miracles that did happen that dreadful day; several plane crashes took away much of our hope.

In 2009, at the end of a presidency; a miraculous plane crash restored it.

Let's try and build on it!

liner

Bronx, NY

#12 Jan 16, 2009
bob nolan wrote:
Someone has got to explain to me how Capt. Sullenberger had the nerve and the intestinal fortitude to ditch that airliner and have 155 lucky people survive. Truly a superhuman achievement.Must go down in aviation history. Can't wait to hear his story.
Also, the photographs of those passengers standing on the wings awaiting rescue were absolutely surreal. Found it hard to believe what I was seeing.
The whole thing WAS pretty cool, wasn't it?
Sensible One

Hastings On Hudson, NY

#13 Jan 16, 2009
Sully rocks! Bravo to the Captain & His Crew. That's New York for you, the center of excitement-and skill.
csh lh

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Jan 16, 2009
Incredible. How cool, calm, collected and brave that pilot was! The crew and the rescuers were awesome too, including the ferry workers who were there in a flash.
mbm

Hempstead, NY

#16 Jan 16, 2009
Boy the media sure knows how to put a possible spin on this thing
byondhlp

Westbury, NY

#17 Jan 16, 2009
Pilot and Crew deserves key to the city. I'll fly with them ANYTIME.
Sickboy

New York, NY

#18 Jan 16, 2009
Absolutely amazing. Kudos to the crew for a job well done.
richieb pennsylvania

Mantua, NJ

#19 Jan 16, 2009
sounds like the pilot deserves a paid vacaction to somewhere warm ! nice job captain !!! this could have been a disaster !! not one injury ???? thats incredable
Sweet C

Garden City, NY

#20 Jan 16, 2009
I know it must have been hard to get on a plane after all of that.....WOW, that was truly a miracle, everyone survived...THANK GOD & THE PILOT....
Sgt524

Forest Park, GA

#21 Jan 17, 2009
Newsday, how about a story on the only serious injury? The man who broke both legs, was it in the crash or in the effort to get off the aircraft? With both legs broken just how difficult was it for him to get rescued.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stallings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is Boy . (Jun '17) 18 min Shakeandbake 15
9 hr Helping hand 1
News Threat of closures looms over Bi-Lo stores in G... 10 hr GGG 1
Blues Thu ilb3936 1
NBC Charlotte Thu IOUnothing 2
Dee Sanders Thu smh 15
Charlotte Compactin Feb 21 customer 1

Stallings Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance