Neighbors Upset About Proposed Bypass

Dec 13, 2007 Full story: Charlotte Channel 9 13

“What we're trying to say is both of these routes will have a negative impact on the town of Stallings, we just want them to choose the lesser of two evils.”

More than a hundred people gathered at a Stallings church Thursday night to learn more about a future road that will eventually go through their town. via Charlotte Channel 9

Full Story
TIRED OF EXCUSES

Indian Trail, NC

#1 Dec 15, 2007
Its really funny to read that the school system and the new hoods gripping about the bypass comming in so close,besides if the school leaders and developers could read ,they would have seen that the road was planned before either school or hood was ever planned,but all in all they can thank the previous mayor in stallings for that problem,she pitched a fit for it to connect to 485.I say stop the delay,condem an build the road,or stop complaining about traffic.
Trouble stopper

United States

#2 Dec 15, 2007
I wonder which group is next to jump on the bandwagon over this bypass. By the time it is started we will all have back packs on our backs and flying through the air like the old Buster Crab movies. Get with the program seriously or scrap the whole idea and give the taxpayers their money back. Good grief somebody grow some gonads and get on with it and quit listening to all of the whining!!!

Since: Oct 07

Charlotte, NC

#3 Dec 17, 2007
My only complaint is that the powers that be are talking about making it a toll road. What self righteous criminals we have in power in North Carolina!! We have on of the highest state tax burdens in all of the nation and some of the worst roads and schools! What are these crooks doing with the money they are steeling from us?

It's time to clean house (and senate) in Raleigh.
Troublestopper

Monroe, NC

#4 Dec 17, 2007
I really think that most of the corruption you talk about is at more of a local level. I mean just look at who was controlling the highway fund monies for Union County for the last two terms. One corrupt ex-county commissioner who was as two faced as I have ever met (and yes, I have talked with him on several occasions) and before him a person in Marshville that had a highway built for his personal or business interest and then when the heat was too great to bear he resigned and with his political powers had this ex-county commissioner appointed to this position. And the wander of it all is they are supposed to be from two different political affiliations.
Troublestopper

Monroe, NC

#5 Dec 17, 2007
I am not out of LA, I am right here in the Union County.
TIRED OF EXCUSES

Indian Trail, NC

#6 Dec 17, 2007
Troublestopper wrote:
I really think that most of the corruption you talk about is at more of a local level. I mean just look at who was controlling the highway fund monies for Union County for the last two terms. One corrupt ex-county commissioner who was as two faced as I have ever met (and yes, I have talked with him on several occasions) and before him a person in Marshville that had a highway built for his personal or business interest and then when the heat was too great to bear he resigned and with his political powers had this ex-county commissioner appointed to this position. And the wander of it all is they are supposed to be from two different political affiliations.
Well,if you look at the votes on MUMPO you will see that The Great State of Pat McCroy's is where the money has gone,also if he runs for governer an wins,we might be better off to ask South Carolina to help us on our roads with there left over rock and asphalt,every little bit helps.
Troublestopper

Monroe, NC

#7 Dec 17, 2007
I am not a fan of McCrory either.

Since: Oct 07

Charlotte, NC

#8 Dec 18, 2007
Troublestopper wrote:
I agree the county commission is headed by corruption. I think the level of it is shared almost equally at state and local with varying degrees thereof depending on the topic at hand. We need to clean house in Union County, Monroe, and in Raleigh.

I also agree that Pat McCrory is NOT the way to do it. Just look at Charlotte. Do we want the entire State to slip further into raising and creating more taxes in order to fund unneeded or at best "bell and whistles" while basic fundamentals that the people need of their government continue to fall by the wayside? I think not.
Troublestopper

Monroe, NC

#9 Dec 21, 2007
ALL of our politicians have let us down for a long, long time. Back in the 1930's you could catche a train in Monroe and several stops along the way to Charlotte. This same railroad line is still used today but, for transporting goods only. The track from Monroe to Charlotte is used approximately 14-15 times in each 24 hour period. There are side tracks along the way where passenger trains could sit while the other trains went by. It seems that it is a waste for this track to set idle so much each day. We could make use of the existing rail lines that are and have been here without all the expense that the McCrory crowd and the social correct crowd thinks is necessary. Just a few rail cars and a place to park and a place to get out of the weather while waiting. There are I am sure other rail lines feeding Charlotte from other areas also that could be used in the same manner. Another thing that should be done is to move the bus lines and rail lines to an area accessibel by the airports. These are just a few thoughts I have and I wonder why they haven't been looked upon by the powers that make these decisions?s
Troublestopper

Monroe, NC

#10 Dec 21, 2007
Still in Indian Trail area within the county.
TIRED OF EXCUSES

Indian Trail, NC

#11 Dec 21, 2007
Thats a great idea,use the side tracks in Monroe,and at Stouts,but getting government support would be the biggest issue,local,county and state because it's their idea.Agreat deal of money could be made off such a project,it would take a lot of cars off the road.
George

Matthews, NC

#12 Aug 27, 2009
TIRED OF EXCUSES wrote:
Its really funny to read that the school system and the new hoods gripping about the bypass comming in so close,besides if the school leaders and developers could read ,they would have seen that the road was planned before either school or hood was ever planned,but all in all they can thank the previous mayor in stallings for that problem,she pitched a fit for it to connect to 485.I say stop the delay,condem an build the road,or stop complaining about traffic.
It should connect to 485, that makes the most sense, i have never seen a bypass that comes out at the entrance to a neighborhood. oh but Paxton whan's to help Matthews, Hendricks and her pocketbook, i forgot.
Road Watcher

Charlotte, NC

#13 Aug 27, 2009
What do you mean about Matthews, Hendricks and her pocketbook?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stallings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DIRECTV Referral Code at Maximum savings (Costc... (Aug '12) Mon KathyM 71
Kyle Fleischmann (May '11) Mon BarbieWorld 8
What happened to Catherine Bilkey - WSOC-TV? Mon Woohoo 8
Loan shark needed (Jul '09) Mon Pauly wallnuts 18
May 2 Council to impose suffocating, depraved o... Feb 28 ursogay david 3
Dog food heroin smack? Feb 27 Sunny 15
dog food near the arboretum Feb 27 Sunny 9
Stallings Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web