Stallings District 2 Race

Stallings District 2 Race

Posted in the Stallings Forum

Looking

Charlotte, NC

#1 Aug 2, 2009
Does anyone know much about the district 2 race. I understand Reed Esarove is new. Jerry was on the planning board.

I saw Reed's website and it talks about conservative fiscal values and that he is raising a family here in Stallings. Ok, that counts for a lot. I see lots of vested interest in the community. He seems to talk about parks and infrastructure for growth of a residential and commercial tax base. I get that also.

If Jerry is on the planning committee, what is he planning?
Just the Facts

Gray Court, SC

#2 Aug 3, 2009
Reed is a relative Newbie to the Town. He is paired with Lynda Paxton. Ask him and he will tell you this. The other Paxton crony is Paul Frost. Jerry has served the Town on several boards over the last few years. He has been on the Town Planning Board and he has been on the Stormwater Committee. He is a level headed Town Minded Candidate. he has lived here for many years and has no hidden agenda in mind. He is good person who will do good for this town and its citizens. Reed i am not so sure about as he seems to have some hidden agendas.
Staying Neutral

Charlotte, NC

#3 Aug 3, 2009
How did you find Reed's website. I haven't been able to find any info on him. Can you provide the link?
Looking

Charlotte, NC

#4 Aug 6, 2009
If Jerry is out there this is the first I've heard of him. Based on what I see of the city, storm water, planning or otherwise, I'm not so sure that I'd be that impressed with Jerry. Other than your opinion, what has he done for the city?
Lifer

United States

#5 Aug 6, 2009
If you read the minutes from the town planning and council meetings you can see whats going on. The planing board has had almost all of their decisions reversed by the town Council. The planning board has made wise decisions only to have them overruled by Lynda Paxton and her Cronies. Its all public record and you should review it if you do not believe these postings. The stormwater rate is very low for stallings. The stormwater committee has cut it in half for the town. The stormwater committee has approved new curb and gutter for Spring hill and is working on fixing some sink holes in Chestnu oaks, where the storm pipe was installed incorrectly by the developer. Again all public record so u do not have to take my word for it. However the Town Council does not want a stormwater utility, even though it is mandated by the federal government. other town that have not installed a utility have been fined in excess of $60,000. Jerry has been in stallings well over 11 years. Reed has been here maybe 2. Reed was also asked to run by the mayor and her agenda
Newspaper Reader

Charlotte, NC

#6 Aug 6, 2009
From the local Enquirer Journal on June 28, 2009

Just thought it would be good to balance the posting with real facts and direct quotes from Paxton.

Although the council has backed certain initiatives she's pushed for, Paxton said, overall support is still lacking. Paxton didn't recruit candidates for council when she ran in 2005, but chose to do so this time around. She said she's looking for people who bring a "problem-solving, let's get it done" attitude to the board.

"I'm not looking for "yes men' for things that I want to do," she said, but said she wants a council that can be objective.
Voter

Charlotte, NC

#7 Aug 6, 2009
Thank you Newspaper Reader - I decided to do some research after reading your post. I found two websites for Paxton with a google search.

votepaxton.com and one on a place called political gateway ( http://www.google.com/search... )

The first one didn't make any mention of the article you referred to but the second one had a press release that had some similar content.

It stated:---"“We have made an excellent start but there is still much work to be done. This is a particularly important election to bring in a majority on council who can leave political agendas at the door and work cooperatively to handle town business.” She intends to keep a positive, professional focus on the issues and her record while in office. "

Certainly doesn't sound like she is looking for 'cronies' or people who will just push her agenda.

Thank you to Lifer for starting me looking. I liked the information I found on the Mayor and I was also surprised by what I found. Not at all what I expected after reading your posts. Seems like she is big on information to the public. I might even try to go to one of her coffees to meet her.
Resident

Charlotte, NC

#8 Aug 11, 2009
Lifter...you are so misguided that its a sham! The planning board is a bunch of people that want to do the right thing but actually have NO planning education and background in planning whatsoever!!! Please don't distort the truth. The stormwater committed has made about four important decisions in the past year; can you name them. I'm glad the stormwater committee had to have a meeting to figure out that a sink hole needed fixing, Jerry can pat himself on the back for that one; opps was he at the meeting??? Shucks! Another missed opportunity. I'd be very careful about touting the great successes of the planning board and stormwater board. Remember, Stallings has historically had trouble getting anyone to serve on any board.

If Reed was asked to run by the Mayor or other interested parties....good for him. Evidently that means that someone somewhere thinks he might be pretty good at it! I believe that Jerry was advised against running if I overheard the meeting correctly! If the word in his own neighborhood is correct...and it is...Jerry will have a tough time getting his own neighborhood to vote for him.

I believe that your personal attackes on the people you have named are just that, people who have read all of this will se you for who and what you are. My comments are pointed but the truth is out there...and Lifter doesn't have it!
tired

Charlotte, NC

#10 Aug 16, 2009
I am tired of hearing the politics of hate and crap already starting in this race this year. If you don't have anything constructive to say or can back it up with facts you are not very intelligent for saying it. Anyone with a high school diploma can do that!!

I have talked to Reed and maybe some of you should also! The guy seems on top of his game and very thoughtful in his communication. I may not agree about everything he says but I am convinced that their is a thought process behind what he does and he seems willing to listen to everything I said! This was in the grocery store at Stevens Mill and Laywers Rd. on a Sunday!!

I don't think that the old crowd needs to be incharge of Stallings anymore. It would't hurt my feelings if the whole crowd changed over including ALL of the city department heads.
Truth be told

Howell, MI

#11 Aug 28, 2009
It appears that Reed is one of Paxtons cronies along with all the other "endorsments". It can't be denied now.
Sue

United States

#12 Aug 28, 2009
Truth be told wrote:
It appears that Reed is one of Paxtons cronies along with all the other "endorsments". It can't be denied now.
Perhaps "cronies" to you but to others they are educated, honest, objective professionals sincerely interested in the citizens rather than in the politics.
Truth be told

United States

#13 Aug 30, 2009
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps "cronies" to you but to others they are educated, honest, objective professionals sincerely interested in the citizens rather than in the politics.
Have you talked to the candidates. They haven't really a clue. With that being said Are you calling the other candidates uneducated, dishonest, unprofessional candidates more concerned with personal agendas? Perhaps you should try talking to some of the other candidates and see where they stand before you fromulate your opinions sue. With that being said, you should speak with Reed. His agenda is so long they will have trouble getting it into a full Council Meeting.
Reader

Charlotte, NC

#14 Aug 30, 2009
Truth be told wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you talked to the candidates. They haven't really a clue. With that being said Are you calling the other candidates uneducated, dishonest, unprofessional candidates more concerned with personal agendas? Perhaps you should try talking to some of the other candidates and see where they stand before you fromulate your opinions sue. With that being said, you should speak with Reed. His agenda is so long they will have trouble getting it into a full Council Meeting.
Someone certainly has a negative perspective. I read the post too and I certainly didn't conclude that Sue said anything remotely negative about the other candidates at all. Seems like she was just pointing out that calling someone a "cronie" is purely subjective and that everyone can have a different perspective. Attacking someone (which Sue apparently did not) because of their views ... well... now tells a lot about the poster.
Sue

Charlotte, NC

#15 Aug 30, 2009
Truth be told wrote:
<quoted text>
I was only commenting on the individuals someone else termed as "cronies". Nothing I posted said anything negative about the candidates. In fact it appears that there are many good qualified candidates. I personally have not made up my mind on all the candidates.

I simply get annoyed when people make personal attacks on individuals. "Cronies" is not a flattering term. Enough said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stallings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charlotte nightlife king to open Belmont restau... 9 hr Soho 4
Review: Verde Building Solutions Inc (Dec '14) Jun 27 Charlotte Homeowner 8
employees of Lucas Landscapping Jun 27 Justice 55
Review: Avenue Z Graphics (Jul '08) Jun 26 ARC 12
Western Carolina University: Notorious Reputati... Jun 25 Justin 3
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) Jun 25 Remy89 173
News Source: Body found dismembered in woods near St... (Jul '15) Jul '15 vam 2

Stallings Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance