First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BelieveInTruth

Matthews, NC

#22 Sep 24, 2010
Xyz wrote:
<quoted text>
Beware.......the sites stallingspd.com and Support Stallings PD Face book page contain inaccurate information. Anyone concerned about this issue should not rely on the information on these sites.
But should rely on YOU?????????? OMG!!!!!
BelieveInTruth

Matthews, NC

#23 Sep 24, 2010
Citizen Input wrote:
The only way she got elected is she teamed with Harry Stokes. Harry used his connections to get all associated with him elected. HArry is a good council member along with Reed. Its unfortunate that Paul and Lynda got elected. Harry and Reed have enough sense to make their own decisions and not buy into all the crap that Lynday throws at them. Renee and Paul are not that smart...Perfect example of what a cook Paul is, was his Hoot Hoot comment at the last meeting. Its shocking that people like this run the Town.
Smart person you are for certain..........you DO your homework well!
BelieveInTruth

Matthews, NC

#24 Sep 24, 2010
SpecialInterest wrote:
Interesting how both Mayor Paxton and Indian Trail's Mayor Quinn are so anti-police in favor of the Union County Sheriff Department
Can anyone say special interest ?
I can, "Special Interst"
Xyz

Indian Trail, NC

#25 Sep 24, 2010
BelieveInTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
XYZ equals Jill Reed of course........
Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not Jill Reed. I will take it as a compliment though.....

I am just a citizen who cares about our town, and supports our elected officials.
Miami

Lexington, KY

#26 Sep 25, 2010
Of course.. what else could be better.. Stallings Pd.. rocks! It is obvious the citizens want them here!
ABD

Waxhaw, NC

#27 Sep 25, 2010
Stallings Planning Board says its their duty to focus on how the police department affects economic development. However, google Union County's expensive economic development partner Partnership for Progress and they don't mention police services one time in trying to recruit businesses to come to Union County.
Save Stallings PD

Huntersville, NC

#28 Oct 1, 2010
"xyz" Sorry but once again you dont seem to understand our site posts all articles from UCW, Channel 9, Fox and then the links are from the Town of Stallings/Mayor. One thing we can agree on is the information has a lot of guestionable data and inaccurate data. It is just sad, the Mayor and a few Councilmen are speaking before having all the facts, like you and I both have stated, they should have it all before going too far down a path that does nothing but divide the community. Again, we are not stating stop the 5 yr plan nor have we ever said that. We want our police force left alone -we dont need a survey to tell us how vital they are to our community. On several sites and your personal site you are attacking our out of town fans, do you not understand that many are concerned individuals who have family here and want to see them protected. Maybe if you got off the computer and stopped bashing people on multiple sites, you might get outside and SEE what all our local pd does. Oh by the way, we know you are on our FB daily and obviously find our information interesting enough to continue your quest but bashing us for doing nothing more than printing what the local town govt is providing is going a little too far. Respect our right, like we have respected yours. I dont see you bashing UCW or the news media! See you on the 11th, again!:)
I love my Stallings PD

Indian Trail, NC

#29 Oct 1, 2010
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter how many votes she got. It only matters she received the most. If the residents of a town are too lazy to register to vote or too lazy to go out and vote, well that's a bigger issue.
If the Mayor claims to listen to the voice of the people, it's probably the ones that care enough to say something.
Unless you've had your head buried, anyone with a brain knew she was looking to disband the police dept BEFORE the election. Where was the push to find a candidate that supported the police dept?
Too little, too late. She's not going to resign. The best you can hope for is to keep attending the meeting, petition - the louder your are - the better.
Ranting on here gets you nothing. But I am amazed that you can "seem" to know which communities are represented at a meeting just by listening to the audo. Amazing.
Curious, I think what resident meant was the people who spoke at public comment representated a good variety of Stallings. You must give your name, address before speaking at public comment and you can tell where they live from that information if you are familiar with the area.

And I think that the Save the Stallings PD group are speaking out and really loud. Isn't that what you wrote? the louder you are the better..

Get ready, grab some ear plugs, and plug your ears....we are about to get really loud...
Miami

Matthews, NC

#30 Oct 1, 2010
Theb real facts are stated on the Facebook site and stallingspd.com do not be fooled by people who are in favor of disbanning the PD.
Miami

Matthews, NC

#31 Oct 1, 2010
Xyz wrote:
<quoted text>
Beware.......the sites stallingspd.com and Support Stallings PD Face book page contain inaccurate information. Anyone concerned about this issue should not rely on the information on these sites.
Please tell me where there is inaccurate information on here? It is all factual...
Xyz

Waxhaw, NC

#32 Oct 2, 2010
Save Stallings PD wrote:
"xyz" Sorry but once again you dont seem to understand our site posts all articles from UCW, Channel 9, Fox and then the links are from the Town of Stallings/Mayor. One thing we can agree on is the information has a lot of guestionable data and inaccurate data. It is just sad, the Mayor and a few Councilmen are speaking before having all the facts, like you and I both have stated, they should have it all before going too far down a path that does nothing but divide the community. Again, we are not stating stop the 5 yr plan nor have we ever said that. We want our police force left alone -we dont need a survey to tell us how vital they are to our community. On several sites and your personal site you are attacking our out of town fans, do you not understand that many are concerned individuals who have family here and want to see them protected. Maybe if you got off the computer and stopped bashing people on multiple sites, you might get outside and SEE what all our local pd does. Oh by the way, we know you are on our FB daily and obviously find our information interesting enough to continue your quest but bashing us for doing nothing more than printing what the local town govt is providing is going a little too far. Respect our right, like we have respected yours. I dont see you bashing UCW or the news media! See you on the 11th, again!:)
I do not have a personal website, nor have I bashed your sites.

I am done arguing, no one has said they are in favor of disbanding the police department. My understanding of what the survey will be, is town services. For example the PD offers vacation checks, the survey may show residents want more patrol time instead. It will cover all services. I could be wrong.

Fact is Stallings is facing a possible loss of revenue with the 2012 revaluation. Homes may not be worth what the were in the 2008 asessment. Our leaders have a finite resource - money- and have determine the best way to use it for the greatest benefit to the residents of Stalllings. We can not afford to keep doing things the way we always did, because that's the way they have always been done.
Xyz

Waxhaw, NC

#33 Oct 2, 2010
Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me where there is inaccurate information on here? It is all factual...
I have pointed out a few inaccuracies a number of times, not doing it again.
Xyz

Waxhaw, NC

#34 Oct 2, 2010
Save Stallings PD wrote:
Just a thought, why don't you tell the people on your site that the five year plan does include water, sewer, parks, public safety - basically all town services

You also might want to mention that being disrespectful further dimishes your credibility.
I love my Stallings PD

Indian Trail, NC

#35 Oct 3, 2010
Xyz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a thought, why don't you tell the people on your site that the five year plan does include water, sewer, parks, public safety - basically all town services
You also might want to mention that being disrespectful further dimishes your credibility.
Funny and ironic, you mention being disrespectful, you should take your own advice.
I love my Stallings PD

Indian Trail, NC

#36 Oct 3, 2010
Xyz wrote:
<quoted text>

Fact is Stallings is facing a possible loss of revenue with the 2012 revaluation. Homes may not be worth what the were in the 2008 asessment. Our leaders have a finite resource - money- and have determine the best way to use it for the greatest benefit to the residents of Stalllings. We can not afford to keep doing things the way we always did, because that's the way they have always been done.
Not going to argue with you regarding if you do or do not have a website, but that is not the point.

We do agree with you regarding the survey. We do understand what our town leaders could be facing with the possible revaluation. And the fact that values will probabaly go down everywhere all across the county and surrounding counties, they are facing the same problem. That problem is EVERYWHERE.

Since this problem is not just confined to Stallings, what do you expect those areas (whether they are in Union County, smaller towns/cities, and other surrounding areas) to do regarding cutting/disbanding their public safety. In a down economy, when revenues are down, I would think that would be the last thing a town/county would cut back on...I understand not increasing it, but never cut back. The County is going to be facing the same problem, so why would we need to add to their burden?

See we can have a heathly debate.... we are making progress?
From Sidelines Laughing

Huntersville, NC

#37 Oct 3, 2010
I love my Stallings PD wrote:
<quoted text>
Not going to argue with you regarding if you do or do not have a website, but that is not the point.
There are lots of us watching the comments and the chatter from the sidelines. But just couldn't resist actually making one too ...quite hysterical to watch some people really "assume" they know who they are debating with. You have never been so wrong LOL! Thanks so much for the humor! We all appreciate it.
Xyz

Waxhaw, NC

#38 Oct 3, 2010
<quoted text>
We do agree with you regarding the survey. We do understand what our town leaders could be facing with the possible revaluation. And the fact that values will probabaly go down everywhere all across the county and surrounding counties, they are facing the same problem. That problem is EVERYWHERE.
Since this problem is not just confined to Stallings, what do you expect those areas (whether they are in Union County, smaller towns/cities, and other surrounding areas) to do regarding cutting/disbanding their public safety. In a down economy, when revenues are down, I would think that would be the last thing a town/county would cut back on...I understand not increasing it, but never cut back. The County is going to be facing the same problem, so why would we need to add to their burden?
I do not see where I have been disrespectful.......

I am not concerned how other towns address it, but am pretty sure most won't "leave it alone" and allow public safety to take an even larger portion of their budgets.

No one has said they are disbanding the Stallings PD. An objective review and analysis of expenses to determine what options are in the best interest of the citizens of Stallings is the only responsible way to proceed with this issue.
fghijk

Huntersville, NC

#39 Oct 3, 2010
SpecialInterest wrote:
Interesting how both Mayor Paxton and Indian Trail's Mayor Quinn are so anti-police in favor of the Union County Sheriff Department
Can anyone say special interest ?
Usually "special interest" means someone has something to gain, usually a financial benefit. What could the Sheriff's department possibly have to offer Mayor Quinn or Mayor Paxton? I know them both very well and I know the only special interest for either of them is to avoid wasteful spending of taxpayers money.
Different perspective

Huntersville, NC

#40 Oct 6, 2010
<quoted text>
Haven't seen anything about cutting back services. If someone else can provide it for a million dollars less then maybe we can get a LOT more service for the same price. Ever thought of that?
ABD

Waxhaw, NC

#41 Oct 6, 2010
Different perspective wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't seen anything about cutting back services. If someone else can provide it for a million dollars less then maybe we can get a LOT more service for the same price. Ever thought of that?
Another citizen finally gets the point about financial responsibility. Same service or more services for $1 million dollars less. Who can argue with that? Answer - liberals who want to keep spending other people's money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stallings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Avenue Z Graphics (Jul '08) 50 min ARC 12
Western Carolina University: Notorious Reputati... 8 hr Justin 3
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) 10 hr Remy89 173
employees of Lucas Landscapping 18 hr Patriot Taxpayer 54
family in need of a helping hand Fri true person 1
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) Fri Timmy_ 257
Let's See Who's A REAL Charlottean! (Jan '08) Fri TimMechEngr 92
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stallings Mortgages