Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

OK, lets undue the election where over 60% voted for her. Sour grapes Drake? Go away!
Citizen Input

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

The only way she got elected is she teamed with Harry Stokes. Harry used his connections to get all associated with him elected. HArry is a good council member along with Reed. Its unfortunate that Paul and Lynda got elected. Harry and Reed have enough sense to make their own decisions and not buy into all the crap that Lynday throws at them. Renee and Paul are not that smart...Perfect example of what a cook Paul is, was his Hoot Hoot comment at the last meeting. Its shocking that people like this run the Town.
Reality

Ft Mitchell, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

Why don't you 3 losers from Forest Park run for office? Scared to get your butt kicked or you might have to have an intelligent thought?
Re-vote

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

Can I have my Paxton vote back along with the majority of the other council members. Why even have a town if they take away the police. There is no point. Stallings does nothing else for me.Thank you
resident

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

Judged:

Interesting that "idiots" referred to the 60% of the vote when only 1717 votes were cast for mayor. If you do the math, then that is only 13.2% of the population (based on 13,000~I am sure that all of those people are not registered voters). Which means she received 55% of the 13.2% of that vote.. she in reality only rec'd 7.3% of the town's vote. Not exactly the "voice of the people" that she has claimed.

According to the news reports, the "voice of the people" spoke at the last town council meeting when all but 2 people supported keeping the police department. My neighbor,(I live in Willowbrook), said that when that lady asked for the Mayor's resignation, the lobby cheered!

So how can the Mayor claim that she had the voice of the people behind her when she asked for this option?

AND why is "Reality" picking on one neighborhood? It seems that most of the town was represented at the council meeting last week (when I listened to the audio), so why pick on that one community?
SpecialInterest

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Interesting how both Mayor Paxton and Indian Trail's Mayor Quinn are so anti-police in favor of the Union County Sheriff Department
Can anyone say special interest ?
Curious

Indian Trail, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2010

Judged:

resident wrote:
Interesting that "idiots" referred to the 60% of the vote when only 1717 votes were cast for mayor. If you do the math, then that is only 13.2% of the population (based on 13,000~I am sure that all of those people are not registered voters). Which means she received 55% of the 13.2% of that vote.. she in reality only rec'd 7.3% of the town's vote. Not exactly the "voice of the people" that she has claimed.
According to the news reports, the "voice of the people" spoke at the last town council meeting when all but 2 people supported keeping the police department. My neighbor,(I live in Willowbrook), said that when that lady asked for the Mayor's resignation, the lobby cheered!
So how can the Mayor claim that she had the voice of the people behind her when she asked for this option?
AND why is "Reality" picking on one neighborhood? It seems that most of the town was represented at the council meeting last week (when I listened to the audio), so why pick on that one community?
It doesn't matter how many votes she got. It only matters she received the most. If the residents of a town are too lazy to register to vote or too lazy to go out and vote, well that's a bigger issue.

If the Mayor claims to listen to the voice of the people, it's probably the ones that care enough to say something.

Unless you've had your head buried, anyone with a brain knew she was looking to disband the police dept BEFORE the election. Where was the push to find a candidate that supported the police dept?

Too little, too late. She's not going to resign. The best you can hope for is to keep attending the meeting, petition - the louder your are - the better.

Ranting on here gets you nothing. But I am amazed that you can "seem" to know which communities are represented at a meeting just by listening to the audo. Amazing.
Please

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2010

Judged:

Lets hope she resigns. Does she not get it. 40 people show up and speak to support police, and she still pushes on with her column in the paper to try and get rid of them. She fudges numbers, states she has talked to the sherriff when she has not. This is ridiculus. We want the police so drop it Lynda!
Concerned Citizen

Waxhaw, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2010

Please wrote:
Lets hope she resigns. Does she not get it. 40 people show up and speak to support police, and she still pushes on with her column in the paper to try and get rid of them. She fudges numbers, states she has talked to the sherriff when she has not. This is ridiculus. We want the police so drop it Lynda!
First off, it was not 40 who spoke in favor of the police.......second, Mayor Paxton's article stated FACTS. The numbers are fact. She never said she spoke with the Sheriff, if you listen to the audio of the meeting, she says that she used historical data from the Sheriff
Please

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2010

Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, it was not 40 who spoke in favor of the police.......second, Mayor Paxton's article stated FACTS. The numbers are fact. She never said she spoke with the Sheriff, if you listen to the audio of the meeting, she says that she used historical data from the Sheriff
Really, I would have sworn the emails I have between her and the sherriff and other council members have her meeting with the sherriff recently. And yes she stated she had met with the sherriff. You must have selective hearing!
sdfsdf

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

weqrwqer
sdfsdf

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

yees!!!
Save Stallings PD

Indian Trail, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

View our website on FB, Support the Stallings, NC Police Department. we pull information from Town of Stallings, Mayor's website and let you decide. Keep in mind, Mayor's numbers are only her opinion NOT fact.
Xyz

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

Save Stallings PD wrote:
View our website on FB, Support the Stallings, NC Police Department. we pull information from Town of Stallings, Mayor's website and let you decide. Keep in mind, Mayor's numbers are only her opinion NOT fact.
Beware.......the sites stallingspd.com and Support Stallings PD Face book page contain inaccurate information. Anyone concerned about this issue should not rely on the information on these sites.

Since: Mar 08

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

Xyz. Please tell us where the inaccurate information is so that we can dissect it.

Especially since it seems to be issued from the town of Stallings.

As the lack of Officers in Stallings will most likely, no it will impact Mint Hill and Matthews and the surrounding towns, we all have a vested interest in this decision.

Once this is done the changes of getting this department back will be next to impossible as they were given advantages no longer available, and to place two Union County Deputies so close to to end of the County Line will have to tax the departments across the line.

I am asking our Neighbors in Stallings to do due diligence in looking at this for all our sakes, and the safety and future of our children.
did you stay up late

Indian Trail, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

Mint Hill wrote:
Xyz. Please tell us where the inaccurate information is so that we can dissect it.
Especially since it seems to be issued from the town of Stallings.
As the lack of Officers in Stallings will most likely, no it will impact Mint Hill and Matthews and the surrounding towns, we all have a vested interest in this decision.
Once this is done the changes of getting this department back will be next to impossible as they were given advantages no longer available, and to place two Union County Deputies so close to to end of the County Line will have to tax the departments across the line.
I am asking our Neighbors in Stallings to do due diligence in looking at this for all our sakes, and the safety and future of our children.
You make no sense. Perhaps you need coffee
jfmamj

Indian Trail, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2010

Judged:

Mayor Paxton is probably the best thing that has ever happened to Stallings. She's got guts and few women - or men- would stand the abuse and bullying she has endured. She handles herself as a professional in the most hostile situations. I don't always agree with her positions but you can be sure she has done her homework and when she takes a stand, it is for the good of the people and the town.
Xyz

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

Judged:

jfmamj wrote:
Mayor Paxton is probably the best thing that has ever happened to Stallings. She's got guts and few women - or men- would stand the abuse and bullying she has endured. She handles herself as a professional in the most hostile situations. I don't always agree with her positions but you can be sure she has done her homework and when she takes a stand, it is for the good of the people and the town.
A true professional and leader.
BelieveInTruth

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

Judged:

Idiots wrote:
OK, lets undue the election where over 60% voted for her. Sour grapes Drake? Go away!
Hello you Idiot yourself! Drake has not even been seen. Blame yourself or XYZ
BelieveInTruth

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

Judged:

Xyz wrote:
<quoted text>
A true professional and leader.
XYZ equals Jill Reed of course........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stallings Discussions

Search the Stallings Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 3 hr TSF 49,343
NAACP pickets at Roses store, protests GOP poli... 21 hr James Jeffers 39
a Gap in N.C. Law Let Frank Davidson Drive with... (Aug '07) 22 hr Finally free 133
LIEF COACH busted (Feb '13) Wed Buff Aloe 27
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Wed southener 4,785
Loan shark needed (Jul '09) Wed nyc2nc 10
Saints are those who are set apart (Mar '08) Wed Past present future 5
•••
•••
•••
Stallings Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Stallings Jobs

•••
•••