Posted in the Stallings Forum
#1 Aug 7, 2009
The other threads have sparked an interest in finding out more about the other candidates.
If anyone has any links to websites, platforms, etc for Dunn and Matlock -- post them here.
#2 Aug 13, 2009
It's a no brainer, look what Dunn has done for our town.
1. Led 2 consectitive tax decreases.
2. Wants to keep small town atmosphere.
3. Votes to support all businesses.
4. Listens to us and consistently sends out communications keeping us informed.
5. Supports less governmental involvement in our lives.
6. Brought Stallings Elem to our town.
7. Helped Paxton get a $20,000 refund from Mecklenburg Co for Shannamara residents.
8. Very professional and represents our town well.
9. Supported Adequate Public Facilities Ordinance (APFO).
10. Has successfully reduced the operating expenses spent in our town, saving us money.
11. Wrote the Taser Policy.
12. Moved for lower density in Trotter Park office park on Stevens Mill.
13. Moved to reduce speed limit on Stevens Mill from 45 to 35.
14. Voted to resurface and take in streets from Callonwood, Country Woods East, Fairfield Plantation.
15. Supports all athletic associations.
16. Doesn't get involved in petty politics.
17. Successful businessman and brings that experience to our town.
Thanks Wyatt for all you do for our town in a professional manner.
#3 Aug 13, 2009
Calls the residents of the town rude crude slang names in emails and laughs it off. Forgot to add that, oh sorry! We won't forget all of that. Think the prior council was already having town manager get the credit for the Shannamara Residents of Mecklenburg County. One man and his flunky can't and didn't do it. If not mistaken, Stallings Elementary was a resolution from prior council also. Ask the school board member from county woods east or some of the others. They know. Nope, just taking credits from others. Glad you shared his dream list of accomplishments! Yeah Matlock!
#4 Aug 13, 2009
I've heard from others about all the negative comments from Lucy Drake supporters on this site and now George has just proved it. Nothing about your candidate just negative comments. I've also heard this blog isn't well read, so George live your life feeling bitter and I hope that makes you happy. I've got better things to do than read a posting from people that are not informed but take the word of a bitter ex-mayor without finding out for themselves. Don't bother responding because I want be back on this worthless site.
#5 Aug 17, 2009
Just read past minutes and you will see that wyatt has called residents bad names. Also read the minutes and see that he and the current council were not the ones that got the school. It was the prior Council. I am staying neutral but you need to check your facts oon some of those things.
#6 Aug 17, 2009
Checked the public records. Elementary School "J" (Stallings Elementary) wasn't even on the bond referendum until November 2006 (UCPS website). The land for the school wasn't even purchased until March, 2007 (Union County Register of Deeds and Tax records). The conditional use permit for the school was started later in April 2007 (Town of Stallings records).
Sorry but the former council left office in --- December 2005.
Add your comments below
|Are All Yankee's Jerks or do the just ACT that ... (Jul '09)||9 hr||luvnut||295|
|Should the Charlotte Hornets use the old logo?||10 hr||Tranny Anne||4|
|Long Lost Friend, Nathan Tiller... Looking for ...||Wed||xrastaxmamaxmandax||1|
|Why Preachers Push Cruz NOT Trump||Apr 24||Pretty In Pink||15|
|Let's See Who's A REAL Charlottean! (Jan '08)||Apr 23||Tranny Andy||91|
|Source: Body found dismembered in woods near St... (Jul '15)||Jul '15||vam||2|
|Who is going to run for Stallings Mayor? (Jun '13)||Nov '13||Resident Too||2|
Find what you want!
Search Stallings Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC