Indictment charges Paintsville doctor...

Indictment charges Paintsville doctor with distributing pain pills

There are 27 comments on the Lexington Herald-Leader story from Jul 12, 2011, titled Indictment charges Paintsville doctor with distributing pain pills. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

A doctor at a Paintsville pain clinic conspired to illegally distribute drugs by writing prescriptions without a real medical need to do so, a federal grand jury has charged.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

xxGamerxx

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#1 Jul 12, 2011
Can you believe this doctor generated this much cash as a weekly payday?

xxGamerxx

Location hidden

#2 Jul 12, 2011
Richard W. Albert saw dozens of patients a day, issuing them prescriptions for pain pills and other narcotics with little or no examination at times, an investigator said in a court document.
Albert's alleged "pill mill" operation generated a lot of cash; his weekly pay was $17,000 to $21,000 in January 2011, according to a sworn statement by Lynne Thompson, an investigator assigned to a federal drug task force.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/07/12/1808377/in...
Stoopid

Atlanta, GA

#3 Jul 12, 2011
XBOX360Gamer wrote:
Can you believe this doctor generated this much cash as a weekly payday?
Maybe if you would get off the "draw" you could earn this much too. SSI has limitations, you know.

xxGamerxx

Location hidden

#4 Jul 13, 2011
Stoopid wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you would get off the "draw" you could earn this much too. SSI has limitations, you know.
Stupid, I am not on the "draw". Again, you are talking at your comfort level and way of life (being gay, stupid, mentally ill, etc).

Go back to sleep and try to wake up with some smarts.
some people

Salyersville, KY

#5 Jul 13, 2011
Hope they bust every Damn one of these drug slinging pill mill Drs. When they bust them though we as a people had bettered be well armed and ready to defend ourselves from dopers trying to rob people in order to get money for their habit.
Jack

Winchester, KY

#6 Jul 13, 2011
They waited a long time to arrest this doctor after having the goods against him earlier to make an arrest. I believe the law wanted to catch him with a boat load of money so they would get a hell of a cut theirself. Pussyfooten around and deals were already made prior several times to agents personally. What does that say to everyone.
PPD

Paintsville, KY

#7 Jul 14, 2011
Jack wrote:
They waited a long time to arrest this doctor after having the goods against him earlier to make an arrest. I believe the law wanted to catch him with a boat load of money so they would get a hell of a cut theirself. Pussyfooten around and deals were already made prior several times to agents personally. What does that say to everyone.
The Paintsville PD wanted to bust him a year prior to the bust. Sheriff Witten would not allow it. PPD had no choice but to stop their investigation.
Jack

Winchester, KY

#8 Jul 14, 2011
PPD wrote:
<quoted text>
The Paintsville PD wanted to bust him a year prior to the bust. Sheriff Witten would not allow it. PPD had no choice but to stop their investigation.
Sounds like Sherriff Witten should be replaced or charged himself for aiding and abbeting.

xxGamerxx

Location hidden

#9 Jul 14, 2011
Jack wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds like Sherriff Witten should be replaced or charged himself for aiding and abbeting.
He did lose the office to DD Price who is now our Sheriff.
crazy

Martin, KY

#10 Jul 14, 2011
I think that i should be entitled to a law suite against him for malepratice what does everybody else think
Jack

Winchester, KY

#11 Jul 15, 2011
Were you satisfied at the time with the service you got? I bet you were. Then the answer to your question would be no malpractice suit.
Dr Kildare

Richmond, KY

#12 Jul 15, 2011
XBOX360Gamer wrote:
Richard W. Albert saw dozens of patients a day, issuing them prescriptions for pain pills and other narcotics with little or no examination at times, an investigator said in a court document.
Albert's alleged "pill mill" operation generated a lot of cash; his weekly pay was $17,000 to $21,000 in January 2011, according to a sworn statement by Lynne Thompson, an investigator assigned to a federal drug task force.
Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/07/12/1808377/in...
That's a good start, now they need to look at all the druggies laying around the parking lot up at Woodland Place waiting to see the doctor and the CareMore, and all the others. Shut them down

xxGamerxx

Location hidden

#13 Jul 15, 2011
Dr Kildare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good start, now they need to look at all the druggies laying around the parking lot up at Woodland Place waiting to see the doctor and the CareMore, and all the others. Shut them down
That is so true.
Carenomore

Paintsville, KY

#14 Jul 15, 2011
Dr Kildare wrote:
<quoted text>
Albert was a two-year investigation. Takes time and a lot of evidence. But maybe that is in the works
getemall

Logan, WV

#15 Jul 16, 2011
I hope this is only the start of more to come.
whoaaaa

East Point, KY

#16 Jul 16, 2011
PPD wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats NOT TRUE.. For one thing it was the DEA and UNITE that had the investigation going. They did not want locals messing in it till they got all they could for the bust and make it stick. During the raid the sheriffs dept and Paintsville PD only helped with the use of officers and cars for transport. The reason for the raid at the time they did it was because Dr Albert put a ad in the local newpapers he was leaving.

PS the pain clinics was located in the city limits and the Sheriffs Dept could not have stopped it. The FEDS did this bust!
here

Georgetown, KY

#17 Jul 16, 2011
actually the lexington herald is who got him. ever notice when the story hit the paper he retires the next day and then he is busted
acecat

Elkview, WV

#18 Aug 2, 2011
i think it will never stop konw matter how many they bust you bust one and there are ten more to take their place come on people wake the hell up
I know this

Manchester, KY

#19 Aug 5, 2011
William OSborne was sending people to the doctors and making a shit load of money because he get alot of pill and sell them. Why havent the law been up 201 to bust him yet? They call him ike and he sells alot of pail pills and somas and roxy 10. If you need pills just ask him.
Allthesame

Hagerhill, KY

#20 Aug 16, 2011
XBOX360Gamer wrote:
<quoted text>
He did lose the office to DD Price who is now our Sheriff.
There all the same Witten or DD same ole same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Staffordsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
vipfuels 2 hr check 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Paul 174,789
Mitchell and Ashley : The Grinches that Stole C... 2 hr rprater1968 2
Shurf’s Race 2 hr Mail Box Woman 6
TV Cop Price does a rare roundup 3 hr Always been watching 8
Shamless MC club 4 hr KY rider 32
Hypocrite Christians trashing Price but defendi... 6 hr Danny 29

Staffordsville Jobs

Personal Finance

Staffordsville Mortgages