Next Last
Former Employee

Stafford, VA

#1 Nov 9, 2008
This place blows
speedy

Fredericksburg, VA

#2 Nov 12, 2008
This would be the last place I would go to get my vehicle done....very poor management...go somewhere else.
Disappointed

Stafford, VA

#3 Nov 13, 2008
Did you know that your tips for the hard workers at the 610 car wash are provided to the teenage employees at the management and owner's discretion? In fact, due to an unfortunate car accident that occurred on 1 Nov (Saturday)at the 610 Car Wash, all employees who worked that day were told that no one would be receiving their tips for that day's work. This was a threat that was carried through. Did you as a customer know that the 610 Car Wash believes they have the right to withhold this money from the kids who work there? The 610 Car Wash says the money provided by the customers in the bucket is "bonus" money and can be distributed based on their discretion. In the case of the accident, that day's tip money and subsequent day's thereafter will be withheld from these kids in order to pay for damages to the cars. Isn't that what insurance is for? Well, why bother with that when the 610 Car Wash can defray their cost and use their customer's tip money to help pay for it. Did you think that when you place your own hard earned money in the obvious tip bucket, that it actually may not be distributed in whole or in part to these kids? As a customer, I certainly didn't think that. In fact, these kids may or may not receive their tips until they receive their pay check every 2 weeks, again based on their own discretion. The next time you consider getting your car washed at the 610 Car Wash, feel free to ask them about this policy of theirs. You have the right to know where and to whom your money is going.
ananymous

Fairfax, VA

#4 Nov 20, 2008
Did you know that the kid who was injured in that accident had his tips taken away as well.
Disappointed wrote:
Did you know that your tips for the hard workers at the 610 car wash are provided to the teenage employees at the management and owner's discretion? In fact, due to an unfortunate car accident that occurred on 1 Nov (Saturday)at the 610 Car Wash, all employees who worked that day were told that no one would be receiving their tips for that day's work. This was a threat that was carried through. Did you as a customer know that the 610 Car Wash believes they have the right to withhold this money from the kids who work there? The 610 Car Wash says the money provided by the customers in the bucket is "bonus" money and can be distributed based on their discretion. In the case of the accident, that day's tip money and subsequent day's thereafter will be withheld from these kids in order to pay for damages to the cars. Isn't that what insurance is for? Well, why bother with that when the 610 Car Wash can defray their cost and use their customer's tip money to help pay for it. Did you think that when you place your own hard earned money in the obvious tip bucket, that it actually may not be distributed in whole or in part to these kids? As a customer, I certainly didn't think that. In fact, these kids may or may not receive their tips until they receive their pay check every 2 weeks, again based on their own discretion. The next time you consider getting your car washed at the 610 Car Wash, feel free to ask them about this policy of theirs. You have the right to know where and to whom your money is going.
sam

Chantilly, VA

#5 Dec 2, 2008
never liked their service or customer service anyway, gives me another reason not to go there
person

Stafford, VA

#7 Dec 7, 2008
if anyone can manage to work in this job for more than 3 months and liked every second of it, then you should be proud of yourself and also be worried about your mental stability
St Georges Resident

Richmond, VA

#8 Dec 11, 2008
I watched one of the kids at 610 put two cars too close together on the line once, causing the car in the back to basically "bump" the car in front through the car-wash.
Gary, the owner, actually tried to convince these people that it was some fault of their car that caused the damage and that he wasn't responsible.
he's an idiot, and I will *NEVER* trust my car to him. I also have told my son, who is about to become of age, that he is forbidden from working there.(it's ok, he has no interest in working for him either)
Dizzle

Clifton, VA

#9 Jan 6, 2009
It sounds like this place sucks. The job they do is just "okay", but not worth the $ you pay. In Michigan where we live there are tons of places that do the outside for 3.99 (and a good job)! Why is it that so many kids continue to work there if Gary is so "bad"??
Viewer

Stafford, VA

#10 Jan 17, 2009
Sounds like Gary needs to be relieved of his post. Bad Gary.
Disgusted

Washington, DC

#11 Mar 27, 2009
Nov 15, 08 we were at Tim's for my father's birthday because there was a fund raising that night for a local newborn in medical need.
We were approached by 2 women in Route 610 Car Wash shirts (owner & mgr) selling car wash vouchers -$10 ea. A portion of proceeds going to the charity. A perfect opportunity to support the cause & help a local small business.
I told them I'd take 3. I noticed an exp. date of 1/31/09. I wasn't going to use 3 washes so quickly b/c it was dead of winter. I mentioned this & the owner (Terri) smiled & said not to worry about the date. It was a great cause and they'd love to see me as a customer. Hearing that I went ahead with the purchase.
Fast forward to 3/20/09 - I decide to go see my "friends" at 610 Car Wash. I follow arrows directing to the rear of the building where men were waiting. They took my car and told me to go inside. I approached the cash register with a voucher in hand & was informed it expired. I smiled and recapped my conversation I'd had with the owner. Cashier told me I'd have to get it approved. No problem, she was so sweet the night I met her in Tim's.
I started to explain the conversation we'd had that night & she cut me off to point out expiration. She also snapped that she would never have said not to worry about the date. I told her it was another woman and herself that night so if she did not say it I was certain it was the mgr.
She marched inside in search of the mgr. They both came out and informed me that neither one made any such promise. As Terri looked at me like I was a liar & thief she smugly said they would split the price. Slightly insulted, I told her I had already spent $30 for the vouchers and it wasn't fair to pay again. About that time I was approached by a man (owner Gary Tardiff) racing with adrenaline and very red-faced & angry. Gary began to verbally insult me in front of staff & customers. He snapped that the 1/2 price deal was off and that I WOULD pay full price or he would call the Sheriff. He then told everyone I was a thief and that I was stealing from the family in need. Gary then said he wished her father was there so I could look him in the eye and tell him I was stealing from their family.
I stood speechless with my jaw 1/2 to the floor because I have NEVER had accusations thrown my way like that, esp by a business owner. I asked him how he felt I was stealing - the charity was the very reason we went to Tim's and spent well over $200 that night.
Gary then announced to all that I was a common thief and asked if I was going to "run over an old lady in a crosswalk or go rob some girl scouts" next. I told him that I was amazed that a small business owner that relies on word-of-mouth would treat someone like this. His reply was "the best thing that will happen was that he would never get business from me or any of my friends".
I shook my head & said again that I've never been treated like this. As I finished the mgr says "Maybe someone should have because you certainly deserve it". I smiled and reminded her I did not use a single obscenity, make any type of threat, insult their character, or raise my voice. I then continued to tell her I was one of the most hard working & honest people she would ever meet.
After paying, a customer that was present confided he agreed that I was treated horribly. Gary, continued to glare and mutter under his breath. The customer whispered to ignore him and be the bigger man. I certainly agree with that philosophy but wasn't I the customer?? This situation was like nothing I have ever experienced.
I feel that it is important to support the small businesses, but remember that they can, and sometimes will, treat you however they'd like. Why? They have no one to answer to - buck stops with them.
Please, please, please, consider this when deciding where to have your car washed. There are several alternatives to Route 610 Car Wash where the customer is likely the top priority.
John Moore

Girard, OH

#12 Apr 2, 2009
Former Employee wrote:
This place blows
This is one of the best car washes I have ever been too.
Doug

Stafford, VA

#13 Jun 22, 2009
You guys are funny. I worked for 2 YEARS STRAIGHT at that place in the early 90's.

You guys are a bunch of pussies. Deal with it. It's not that bad.

You want BAD? Go work for a moving company (Like United). You will wish that you had gone to hell as it would be easier.
customer

Stafford, VA

#14 Aug 16, 2009
This is for the long comment above. I was a customer at the same time and paid before him, yes some of the things he said was true but not most. He forgot to mention that he was also raising his voice out of control throwing pens at the cashier and the man he claims takes his side was also bad talking him inside when he went back outside to pout about his loss, read the fine print next time!
Mistreated Customer

Woodbridge, VA

#15 Aug 20, 2009
I thought I'd give them one more try today. Almost every time I am there, the job is just so so an I have to show them everything they missed. Today the woman behind the counter was very rude. She has no people skills what so ever...I can only imagine that she MUST be a relative to be able to keep her job...no self respecting business person would have someone like that representing them and stay open. I am done...never again.
broqtoon

Richmond, VA

#16 Aug 21, 2009
IF this gary charecter talked to me like this I would have broke his nose and had the teens clean it up. Then next time i would have had him lick my boots. Thats what wrong the talks shit pop him plain and simple.
GetClen

Fredericksburg, VA

#17 Sep 21, 2009
speedy wrote:
This would be the last place I would go to get my vehicle done....very poor management...go somewhere else.
I totally agree - it is never clean on the outside or inside - I have try them a couple of times and have to ask for it be re- vacumed.
Shelley

Stafford, VA

#18 Oct 21, 2009
Terrible. Crumbs left in interior.
customer

Tempe, AZ

#19 Oct 22, 2009
I have lived in Stafford for over 20 year now and from time to time I have gone to Gary's Car Wash. The owner Gary has an anger management problem. There were several occassions where he got angry with me over questioning something. He then usually follows it up with all that he does for the community and all he does for his high school employees. My two daughters said they would never work there; that it is really bad there. I do not go there any more because business friends have had the same experience. Some even worst. I am not suprised to see the other posts on this page in this regard. I am even suprised they are still open and doing business. If for some reason you do not believe me or the others on this page, stop and get your car washed and then question something. Then be ready for anything.
high hat

Stafford, VA

#20 Dec 26, 2009
when did terry become the owner of six ten car wash. news to me.
Disgusted

Gainesville, VA

#21 Jan 6, 2010
customer wrote:
This is for the long comment above. I was a customer at the same time and paid before him, yes some of the things he said was true but not most. He forgot to mention that he was also raising his voice out of control throwing pens at the cashier and the man he claims takes his side was also bad talking him inside when he went back outside to pout about his loss, read the fine print next time!
Some of what was said was true? Well, here's a challenge for you....name a single allegation from the above that was not true? That place is an absolute disaster and wouldn't know customer service if it bit them in the rear end. Guess it's people like you that keep those theives in business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stafford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
43 Waiter/Waitress Jobs in Fredericksburg: Oliv... Dec 8 Curious2013 2
Celebrate Virginia South / Seasons At Celebrate... Dec 8 Curious2013 1
Stilhaus Kitchens Reviews Dec 4 PITALOKA 1
Review: Premier Home Brokers Inc Nov '14 asmith22401 1
Sexy Nov '14 Hottie01 1
Tric or treating times (Oct '07) Oct '14 linrn 7
Review: DND Jewelers Oct '14 georgie naylor 1
Stafford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web