Stafford Man Fatally Shot By Police During Incident At Home - N...

A Stafford man was fatally shot by police during an incident at a home on Myrtle Road Sunday night. Full Story
G L Rockwell

Cockeysville, MD

#1 Jun 30, 2008
booze and guns again. Suicide by cop?
Perry

Portland, OR

#2 Jun 30, 2008
If it went down the way cops said then im glad there ok and
got the first shot off.To many times they wait and a cop gets killed. Sorry for the family.
crazy

Fredericksburg, VA

#3 Jul 2, 2008
There needs to be a line drawn. If you got a call about a man trying to commit suicide, then the police went there trying to help the man. Why did he end up being killed by them, All the cops have to say is it looks like he was raising his gun and they get off. They will be back to work they always are. My thoughts are with the family of the victim which is the man who is now DEAD.
missinghim

Fairfax, VA

#4 Jul 4, 2008
crazy wrote:
There needs to be a line drawn. If you got a call about a man trying to commit suicide, then the police went there trying to help the man. Why did he end up being killed by them, All the cops have to say is it looks like he was raising his gun and they get off. They will be back to work they always are. My thoughts are with the family of the victim which is the man who is now DEAD.
That is exactly right. If you were not there, don't believe what the police say. They are far off the mark. I can't say more due to pending litigation but this is not the kind of man who would hurt someone else. All these blogs that commend the cops and say he got what he deserved hurt his family terribly and make me sick. We loved him so much.
Joaozinho

Fairfax, VA

#5 Jul 4, 2008
If they did in fact use taser-less weapons on the man first then they took the right course of action. If I was a cop I wouldn't wait to see if the idiot is going to put his gun down after some level of force was already used in efforts to subdue him.
Rubena

Sterling, VA

#6 Jul 4, 2008
if you are a cop is there a line really drawn between your life and there, we all have something to say, put yourself in that cop shoes and a parent to that child. Then voice your words.
Silence Dugood

Stafford, VA

#7 Sep 28, 2011
The man was unarmed and shot in the back while walking back into his house. There was a neighbor that saw what happened. At first the neighbor stated the above. Later during an internal investigation the man refused to comment and the police story was accepted. A man is dead because Stafford police do not respect our constitution and the rights of the citicens. More deaths will occur unless the police are held accountable for their actions. If you go back to the original story in the Free Lance star you will find the neighbors comments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stafford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Things to do (Jan '06) Jan 20 calm down 4
Do you approve of Robert Wittman as Representat... (Nov '11) Jan 18 Waylon E Price 5
Review: Peak Mental Health - Nivedita Choudhary MD (Apr '11) Jan 15 amun 39
Ernest L. Morin (Jan '13) Jan 11 Ciara Manoso 2
Richard Hare Jan 9 All Star Victim 1
Send Me Nudes On Snapchat Dec 27 Xboxgamer89 1
43 Waiter/Waitress Jobs in Fredericksburg: Oliv... Dec '14 Curious2013 2
Stafford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Stafford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]