Transgender Detainees Face Challenges in Broken Immigration System

May 7, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Advocate

A FEW DAYS AFTER CHRISTMAS LAST YEAR , Ruby Corado, a longtime transgender activist in Washington, D.C., received a telephone call while watching late-night TV.

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated May 14, 2012
What

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Certainly that's ugly!
Devon

Shorewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!
LOL

Washington, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

"Immigration detention is not supposed to be punishment....."
Why not,I ask? They are law breakers. They must know what awaits them. According to this article we have to give illegal aliens special treatment and now even more special for transgender illegal aliens. God help us all,stupidity abounds!

“It matters but not very much”

Since: Oct 07

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

LOL wrote:
"Immigration detention is not supposed to be punishment....."
Why not,I ask? They are law breakers. They must know what awaits them. According to this article we have to give illegal aliens special treatment and now even more special for transgender illegal aliens. God help us all,stupidity abounds!
Illegal entry is a federal misdemeanor crime punishable by fines and six months in prison. Law. Fact.

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

The USA's immigration system is not broken. It is simply not enforced by the treasonous Obamination administration in Washington DC.

The office of the President is broken - usurped by someone who refuses to obey the laws of our country and who never intended to keep his oath of office.
Right On

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Independent patriot wrote:
The USA's immigration system is not broken. It is simply not enforced by the treasonous Obamination administration in Washington DC.
The office of the President is broken - usurped by someone who refuses to obey the laws of our country and who never intended to keep his oath of office.
Exactly
Immigration Is Wonderful

Stafford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Judged:

Independant patriot:

An illegal immigrant has the right to an attorney to make his or her status legal! He or she has the right, so you need to SHUT UP!
Funny

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Immigration Is Wonderful wrote:
Independant patriot:
An illegal immigrant has the right to an attorney to make his or her status legal! He or she has the right, so you need to SHUT UP!
That's done BEFORE entering OUR country illegally, NOT after! You're another one who clearly doesn't understand the word illegal. Refer to Black's Law Dictionary and bone up on it will you?
Devon

Shorewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Independant patriot:
S_I_C_S have NO rights nto ANYTHING!

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2012

Judged:

Independant patriot:
Illegal aliens are not immigrants. Immigrants have immigration status. Illegal aliens have only criminal status. Illegal aliens have no rights in the USA except the right of due process in the form of a deportation hearing. If an illegal aliens wants to hire an attorney in an attempt to con the immigration court system, he has to pay for it himself. That isn't a right, that's commerce.

I don't have to shut up. I have the right of free speech. I'm an American citizen. Read the laws, then FO.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Independent patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegal aliens are not immigrants. Immigrants have immigration status. Illegal aliens have only criminal status. Illegal aliens have no rights in the USA except the right of due process in the form of a deportation hearing. If an illegal aliens wants to hire an attorney in an attempt to con the immigration court system, he has to pay for it himself. That isn't a right, that's commerce.
I don't have to shut up. I have the right of free speech. I'm an American citizen. Read the laws, then FO.
Well said IP.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stafford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All Star Solutions - Richard Hare Aug 19 All Star Victim 8
Do you approve of Robert Wittman as Representat... (Nov '11) Aug 16 John Doe 4
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug 1 Time Flys 2,546
Dinwiddie Sheriff's deputy injured during traff... Jul 23 Karma 3
Where can I find a real Tea Shop/House? Jul 23 Edward Chaiwalla 2
Review: Austin Towing (Sep '13) Jul 23 Tammy 2
Came to evaluate property listings...will NEVER... Jul '14 whatyearisit 1

Search the Stafford Forum:
•••
•••

Stafford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Stafford People Search