Man gets life for murder

A jury yesterday spared the life of convicted killer John J. "Jose" Rogers. The jury decided that Rogers, 37, will spend the rest of his life in prison for killing Lisa Madaris in Stafford County last year. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Madaris Cousin

United States

#1 Sep 11, 2006
A jury yesterday spared the life of convicted killer John J. "Jose" Rogers
Why?
Why should his life be spared? Lisa'a life was not,We know in our hearts that listening to all of the evidence in court she had to have begged him for her life and he did not spare her...So why should he be allowed to continue to breath?..

All I have to say is that when Rogers meets his maker, he WILL get his just reward and be sent straight to hell and when he is may he be the last person standing in line for water, and upon getting there may his cup have a hole in it.
Amen
Jane Doe

Greenville, NC

#2 Jul 26, 2008
He deserves everything that happens to him. He was a crazy person and I wished I would have never crossed his path. He is violent beyond words!
Lisa

Hill City, SD

#3 May 8, 2009
Why is it everytime I hear something about Jose, or when it had to do with a woman, he is considered crazy. I do not regret ever meeting Jose or having his child, I had a lot of wonderful times with Jose and he never hit me once. I was with him for over two years and not one time did that man make any threats toward me nor did he raise his hands at me. As a matter of fact I hit him a couple of times during our relationship. I was never scared of Jose nor did I neglect to try to get to know him. Just because you slept with him does not make you an expert on him. I watched countless woman go crazy about his behavior and they all the same mentality, They were going to change Jose. I don't care what anyone says and no one will change my mind Jose is a good person.

Since: Feb 09

Boynton Beach, FL

#4 May 8, 2009
Lisa wrote:
Why is it everytime I hear something about Jose, or when it had to do with a woman, he is considered crazy. I do not regret ever meeting Jose or having his child, I had a lot of wonderful times with Jose and he never hit me once. I was with him for over two years and not one time did that man make any threats toward me nor did he raise his hands at me. As a matter of fact I hit him a couple of times during our relationship. I was never scared of Jose nor did I neglect to try to get to know him. Just because you slept with him does not make you an expert on him. I watched countless woman go crazy about his behavior and they all the same mentality, They were going to change Jose. I don't care what anyone says and no one will change my mind Jose is a good person.
Boy you must be a real winner
World At A Climax

Rockville, MD

#5 May 10, 2009
AMW Reveals The Nation's Most-Wanted Gang Members
5/9/2009
More and more innocent people are getting caught in the crossfire as gang violence escalates and moves into rural communities. Stafford County, Va. is a rural area, known for its peaceful small-town atmosphere Ė winding roads, small churches and wide open space. Itís not the type of place we expected our hunt for a vicious member of the MS-13 gang to take us Ėbut itís exactly where top gang investigators would have suggested we start our search because the MS-13 has a credo: 1. Commit crimes during the warm months when people will take it more seriously. 2. Commit the crimes in neighborhoods where children and elderly live. 3. Attack law enforcement such as cops, judges and states attorneys in courthouse parking lots or garages. That is information that we have learned from local police and detectives recently. The AMW station that I am working for has exclusively released the first-ever GangTECC list of Most-Wanted Gang Members and my wife and I personally want to help out AMW by attacking the MS-13 criminals and bringing them over to the local cops for prosecution and sentencing by our judges.

By Henry Menjivar

Stafford County, Va.
Lisa

Hill City, SD

#6 May 12, 2009
Nautilus1 wrote:
<quoted text> Boy you must be a real winner
If you really must know, I am a winner. I am an Accountant, I have 3 awesome boys, one of which is Jose's. I am also working on my Masters degree in Business. It is really nice to know there are still ignorant people like yourself that choose to judge a person for supporting someone they care about just because they allegedly did something you are uncomfortable with. O.J. had more facts stacked up against him than Jose does.
old neighbor

White Stone, VA

#7 Jul 24, 2009
that guy is a piece of crap dead beat dad.what the hell do you mean he is a good guy.the dudes got about 20 kids he has never paid for.what a winner.
old neighbor

White Stone, VA

#8 Jul 24, 2009
i also knew a few of his childs mothers,and he had beat on them sevearly while he was with them.
Please

Stafford, VA

#9 Aug 31, 2009
You should be beaten mearly on the fact of being an accountant..........btw, who are the other bastard's daddys?
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really must know, I am a winner. I am an Accountant, I have 3 awesome boys, one of which is Jose's. I am also working on my Masters degree in Business. It is really nice to know there are still ignorant people like yourself that choose to judge a person for supporting someone they care about just because they allegedly did something you are uncomfortable with. O.J. had more facts stacked up against him than Jose does.
family member

Ashburn, VA

#10 Jul 1, 2010
To the one who tried to glorify Jose:
After reading your posts, you remind me of that nasty, loud speaking, trash-mouth sitting outside the courtroom declaring his innocence. Are you the one that had just gotten out of jail, yourself? Are you the mother of his 2nd oldest son...the one he called to dispose of his boots? If you are, I hope you understand how difficult it was to listen to your septic lips flap without clockin' you upside your head. if you aren't that "nasty Jose's baby's momma" outside the courtroom...I apologize. Your just another "dumb-ass Jose's baby's momma"...RIGHT?
VA Girl

Greenville, NC

#11 Oct 22, 2010
I agree with you! I believe I know who she is and Jose didn't talk nicely of her. As a matter of fact he said she was trash and it's funny you quoted almost the words out of his mouth. Yes, Jose has many little kids running around, because he is a loser! He could never keep a job, and he loved to beat up on women. He tried that crap with me and all I did was say "Jail" and he never came back to my apartment. I hope he gets the crap beat out of him the same way he took his phsycotic madness out on her. I hope he is tormented by this everyday!!! To the stupid woman that believes Jose is a nice person.... what the hell is wrong with you??? Are you menatally ill yourself? I bet you and Jose shared one too many drugs and you have lost all awarness of reality!!! Perhaps you can hook up with Jose on your road trip to prsion. LOL. I am glad all of you socked it to her!
Barbara NIcholson

Woodstock, VA

#12 Mar 20, 2011
I am Jose's oldest baby momma an I am the loud mouth that was outside the court room and for your information all of you can kiss my ass. He was a good father to my son and he only has 9 kids not all that these other people claim he has. Yes i had just got out of jail and NO me and Jose did NOT do drugs together. I have always love this man an always will....... I am sorry Lisa is gone but they need to catch the real killer,. For real did any of you know the life style Lisa was leading she was a call girl that is why they couldn't identify the other 2 semons in her besides Jose's. For the one that said she wanted to bust me in the head look me up im in Virginia come get some.......
friend

Bar Harbor, ME

#13 Mar 9, 2012
I know this man and he has never put his hands on any of his kids. The girl he killed was trying to blackmale him into marrying her. He tryed everything he could and the police didn't belive him. So he took it into his own hands and that's when it became wrong.
old neighbor wrote:
i also knew a few of his childs mothers,and he had beat on them sevearly while he was with them.
Barbie

Harrisburg, PA

#14 Jun 10, 2012
Lisa wrote:
you are right & there is a lot more to this story!(that actually makes sense!)
NC Girl

Greenville, NC

#15 Jul 8, 2012
Why would anyone beg for Jose to marry them??? Stupid- he's a loser and will always be one.
NC Girl

Greenville, NC

#16 Jul 8, 2012
What a real loser you are! So what Lisa was a call girl, what does that make you? Jose is garbage and he is the real killer here, not anyone else lurking around in Stafford Virginia. I know him personally, and he is absolutely worthless. When I heard about him killing Lisa,it didn't surprise me at all. He has that sort of mentality and is wicked beyond the word evil. You really show your true character about asking someone to come look you up and get a piece of you, pardon me while I laugh at your stupidity. That type of behavior meshes well with Jose and his attributes, no wonder the two of you bonded so easily.
Toni

Vienna, VA

#17 Aug 30, 2012
Although she was my neighbor for only a year, Lisa and her beautiful children cross my thoughts often, years after she was taken away which is how I found this site and I'm appalled. I just know that no one, regardless of what they did for a living, deserves what happened. And trust, if she was MY sister/cousin, the crazies that are bad-mouthing someone's dead MOTHER would be dealt with. You should just pray that nothing close to this happens to your sisters, mothers or daughters.
Barbara Nicholson

Clermont, FL

#18 Oct 16, 2012
Jose might not of been there financially for his kids but he was there for them my son which is his 1st born worships the ground his dad walks on he was always there for our son. I will always love him for he was my 1st love the only man I ever loved he has feelings just like any other person and in my heart I DO NOT believe he committed this crime no one brought up what kind of person Lisa was ya she might of been a good mom but she was a call girl from my understanding they found 3 different guys fluids in her and the only one they could identify was Jose's so ya they pinned it on him. I feel bad for the kids they have to grow up without a mom but damn look at the whole picture before you talk shit about Jose
Juror

Reston, VA

#19 Mar 12, 2013
I was on the jury for this trial and there was no doubt that Mr. Rogers committed this crime. There was too much physical evidence against him to prove otherwise. It was unanimous that we all believed beyond a reasonable doubt that he committed this murder. In regards to the sentencing, there was a split 6-6 decision on the death penalty. I was one of the six that chose the death penalty, however we as the jury evenutually agreed that life in prison would be worse than the death penalty and that there was enough blood shed already. Even though he did not spare Lisa's life when he had the chance, we spared his.
Mercy was granted, but not at a low price. It was the maximum penalty of 100k + life in jail without the possibility of parole. My heart goes out to both families in this case and it was very difficult to see the hurt on their faces that day. This was an experience that I will never forget myself.
tony

Waldorf, MD

#20 May 21, 2013
knew him years ago in belle view I seen him run from fights with men so the only people he ever scared was girls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stafford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
43 Waiter/Waitress Jobs in Fredericksburg: Oliv... Dec 8 Curious2013 2
Celebrate Virginia South / Seasons At Celebrate... Dec 8 Curious2013 1
Stilhaus Kitchens Reviews Dec 4 PITALOKA 1
Review: Premier Home Brokers Inc Nov '14 asmith22401 1
Sexy Nov '14 Hottie01 1
Tric or treating times (Oct '07) Oct '14 linrn 7
Review: DND Jewelers Oct '14 georgie naylor 1
Stafford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web