Mom Accused of DUI and Leaving Daughter Behind - wtvr

Full story: WTVR

A Fredericksburg woman faces multiple charges after police say she drove off without her young daughter.
Comments
1 - 20 of 78 Comments Last updated Aug 10, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
ggg

Glen Allen, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 7, 2009
 
That's good parenting. I know mug shots are not the best but she looks 40 not 30.
BETTY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 7, 2009
 

Judged:

3

1

THANK GOODNESS THE CHILD WAS SMART ENOUGH TO GET OUT OF THE CAR AND IS NOW SAFE. IF WE DON'T SLAP THESE DRIVERS WITH HARSHER PUNISHMENTS IT WILL NEVER SLOW DOWN. THERE SHOULD NEVER BE A 2ND CHANCE IF YOU CHOOSE TO DRINK AND DRIVE YOU SHOULD PAY FOR IT DEARLY. IF YOU KILL SOMEONE THERE IS NO GOING BACK AND GETTING A DO-OVER.
CHRIS BILLER

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 7, 2009
 

Judged:

5

2

1

THIS IS MY COUSIN I AM VERY VERY ASHAMED AND SORRY FOR HER DAUGHTER AND OUR FAMILY DOES NOT CONDONE THIS TYPE OF ACT AT ALL AND SHE DESERVES ALL HER PUNISHMENTS AS A MEMBER OF TARA'S FAMILY I WOULD LIKE TO APOLIGIZE.
Harry G

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 7, 2009
 

Judged:

1

She should never get these kids back.How stupid can you be.She should get jail time and be spayed so she cant have any more kids.I cant stand stupid.She should never drive again,and go through rehab.
kim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 7, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Now she shouldn't get a bond or nothing she need ro a be in jail for a long time cause anything counldve happen to the little girl while she was on the side of the road...............people do anything to kids
rumpdog1

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 7, 2009
 

Judged:

1

What in the world is wrong with people today why are they so stupid. Kids are just kids who need a lot of love and understanding but how in the world do you explain to a kid that her mother is a drunk.
Betsy

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 7, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I don't know when everyone will get it! Someone with an addiction cannot stop it by THEMSELVES! We all need to open our eyes and hearts to these people and at least TRY to help. This lady isn't a DRUNK, she is SICK! Please stop passing judgement, sitting in your "Glass Houses" and get your asses out there and help. Join your community and see what you can do to help. There are all kinds of programs available for volunteers. Who knows?, you might make a difference. Won't know 'till you try! Thank God they are alive and I pray that He sends them help.
va_tazdad

Chesterfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 7, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Betsy wrote:
I don't know when everyone will get it! Someone with an addiction cannot stop it by THEMSELVES! We all need to open our eyes and hearts to these people and at least TRY to help. This lady isn't a DRUNK, she is SICK! Please stop passing judgement, sitting in your "Glass Houses" and get your asses out there and help. Join your community and see what you can do to help. There are all kinds of programs available for volunteers. Who knows?, you might make a difference. Won't know 'till you try! Thank God they are alive and I pray that He sends them help.
Yes, she is a drunk Betsy. Holding her hand and telling her everything will be ok will not fix the problem.

Let's just be glad nobody was hurt. Based on the charges listed I hope the child is with family and that the mom sits in jail because releasing her to do it again would show the courts irresponsibility.

She has proven she can't control herself and maybe sitting in jail will change her attitude. Driving on a suspended license is bad enough, but to do so while drunk and with a child in the car should get her a felony conviction.
Roseann

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

va_tazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, she is a drunk Betsy. Holding her hand and telling her everything will be ok will not fix the problem.
Let's just be glad nobody was hurt. Based on the charges listed I hope the child is with family and that the mom sits in jail because releasing her to do it again would show the courts irresponsibility.
She has proven she can't control herself and maybe sitting in jail will change her attitude. Driving on a suspended license is bad enough, but to do so while drunk and with a child in the car should get her a felony conviction.
I agree the woman is sick. I also agree that holding her hand will not fix anything. Being sick is not an excuse for her actions and sitting in jail may give her time to reflect on her life. She will only change if she wants to do the work involved to stay sober.
Charles Garrett

Averill Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 8, 2009
 
The NWO orchestrated recession has lots of parents over the edge as to how they are going to keep their jobs if they still have one and worried sick wondering if they and their children are going to become homeless. Without a support group such as strong family ties to relatives or a strong church many of these parents turn to escape through the bottle. Obama and Pelosi are destroying jobs by the millions and scamming America to believe their lie that they want to create jobs plus the scam that the unemployment rate is around 10% when it is much closer to 20%. IMPEACH OBAMA and help this poor aflicted American victim of Obama's NWO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Fatherof2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

VERY sad.
Nicolle Biller-Cinco

Stafford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 8, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I too am Tara's cousin and have to totally agree with Chris! Our family has tried numerous times to help Tara with her issues and have never suceeded. I have given every ounce of love and support I have to her only to be used over and over again! Our family has prayed for a judge to send her to court appointed rehab so she is not able to check herself out and hopefully this time she will get the help she so desperately needs. She has two very beautiful children and I would love to see these children have the type of mother they deserve. Please before we pass judgement let us all remember that some people do have illnesses and do need a lot of help to recover. Tara lost her fiance to a tragic car accident a few months after her daughter was born and still feels heartbroken and lost without him. Let us all pray that she soon finds the help she needs and overcomes this illness and is able to find peace within herself. I would also like you all to know that her daughter is back in the custody of her grandmother and is scared but doing well and her newborn son is in the care of his father and he too is safe.
Gabby

King George, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 8, 2009
 

Judged:

2

I agree that her child/children should be taken away from her. Whether "sick" or "a drunk" she should not be responsible for the life of another when she clearly can not take control of her own. From what I know about her, rehab will not help....at least it hasn't in the past. It's such a shame as she comes from a nice family.
oliviameredith

Taylor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 8, 2009
 
why would you leave your child behind if you have responsibility for your child i hope dont nobody trys this when they get older
Craziness

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Hmmmm... Maybe this is the kind of thing the government should start cracking down on instead of smoking in public places. This will actually kill someone. Just a thought...
GrainofSalt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

Folks, asking her to go to rehab won't work unless SHE wants to. I was married to an alcoholic. He had 6 DUIs. Spent time in jail for 3. Had his license revoked. Spent much money on lawyers AND court-forced rehab. Was eligible for the license to be reinstated but he CHOSE NOT TO because he wanted to drink instead of having the freedom to drive. Until this lady WANTS to clean up her act, it won't happen.
thinking2

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 9, 2009
 
Why people like this are even given a chance to be a mom I will never understand why. I hope her daughter will be taken and given to someone that will show her what a real mom is like!!!! You should never never put anything before your children!!!!!
thinking2

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 9, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Nicolle Biller-Cinco wrote:
I too am Tara's cousin and have to totally agree with Chris! Our family has tried numerous times to help Tara with her issues and have never suceeded. I have given every ounce of love and support I have to her only to be used over and over again! Our family has prayed for a judge to send her to court appointed rehab so she is not able to check herself out and hopefully this time she will get the help she so desperately needs. She has two very beautiful children and I would love to see these children have the type of mother they deserve. Please before we pass judgement let us all remember that some people do have illnesses and do need a lot of help to recover. Tara lost her fiance to a tragic car accident a few months after her daughter was born and still feels heartbroken and lost without him. Let us all pray that she soon finds the help she needs and overcomes this illness and is able to find peace within herself. I would also like you all to know that her daughter is back in the custody of her grandmother and is scared but doing well and her newborn son is in the care of his father and he too is safe.
By her actions she could of also lost her daughter!!!!! There is a time in her life people need to stop making excuses for her behavior!!!!!
4thechildren

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 11, 2009
 

Judged:

5

2

2

I really do feel sorry for both of the children involved. Tara has more issues then the alcohol problem. Public records shows this is her 2ND DWI, she has AT LEAST 6 drugs charges, OVER 15 traffic violations, 2 public intoxications, 1 concealed weapons charge, at least 2 charges for altering prices on merchandise, attempting STABBING in 2007, and she has failed to complete the VASAP program in 2006 and in 2007. All this stems back to 2003. Because she knows a detective, most of her case decisions are "Nolle Prosequi". Snitching to help herself has really hurt her in the long run. Now with news media attention, she can't be helped. Maybe she can finally get the help she deserves. I also hope that Lewis is able to get custody of the baby and pray there is nothing wrong with him.
concerned mother

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 13, 2009
 
4thechildren wrote:
I really do feel sorry for both of the children involved. Tara has more issues then the alcohol problem. Public records shows this is her 2ND DWI, she has AT LEAST 6 drugs charges, OVER 15 traffic violations, 2 public intoxications, 1 concealed weapons charge, at least 2 charges for altering prices on merchandise, attempting STABBING in 2007, and she has failed to complete the VASAP program in 2006 and in 2007. All this stems back to 2003. Because she knows a detective, most of her case decisions are "Nolle Prosequi". Snitching to help herself has really hurt her in the long run. Now with news media attention, she can't be helped. Maybe she can finally get the help she deserves. I also hope that Lewis is able to get custody of the baby and pray there is nothing wrong with him.
My heart goes out to the children. What do we know about his background? Sounds like you have an axe to grind with her.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Stafford Forum right now

Search the Stafford Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Dinwiddie Sheriff's deputy injured during traff... Wed Karma 3
Where can I find a real Tea Shop/House? Wed Edward Chaiwalla 2
Review: Austin Towing (Sep '13) Wed Tammy 2
All Star Solutions - Richard Hare Wed stay away 2 4
Came to evaluate property listings...will NEVER... Jul 20 whatyearisit 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
Boy, 5, Pulled from Aquia Harbour Swimming Pool Jul 8 Evette 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Stafford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Stafford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Stafford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Stafford
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••