State police identify teen slain by Stafford deputy

Nov 4, 2012 Full story: Fauquier.com 26

Virginia State Police identified Fauquier teen Evan F. Newsom, 17, as the boy shot to death by a Stafford County sheriff's deputy after Newsom slashed another deputy with a knife.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joanne

Belmont, MI

#21 Nov 21, 2012
Chance Shaneyfelt wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddy do you a favor and stop commenting. You dont know nothing. I happened to have known the kid and went to school with him. I know for a fact he isnt juss gonna try and stab some one, especially an OFFICER. That so called cop dont sound like no cop to me. Hes a fony. The whole story is a fony. This should be looked apon as a tradgety that we cant even trust cops these days because some of them happen to be criminals themselves
Update
http://news.fredericksburg.com/newsdesk/2012/...
Jack

Elkhorn City, KY

#22 Jan 2, 2013
I hope the Deputy or Deputies that shot Evan rots and burns in hell for eternity. In fact, hell will be like a great reunion hall for 99.99% of Virginia's finest law enforcement officers!
Jack

Elkhorn City, KY

#23 Jan 2, 2013
QUESTION: DO You know how to commit 1st degree murder and get away with it?

ANSWER: Become a member of one of Virginia's law enforcement agencies!
JUSTICE

Fredericksburg, VA

#24 Jan 19, 2013
The Stafford County Sheriffs Office led by Sheriff Charles Jett has been in the news numerous times dealing with his Deputies killing individuals. If we all remember the Gandy shooting where Mr Gandy was shot in the back with a rifle by a deputy even though he did not see a gun only going off what another deputy was yelling. The evidence later showed in Federal Court that Gandy had a gun in a holster under his body not in his hand. The Jury came back with a ruling of excessive force but the Judge overturned the ruling due to a statement the Deputy made that he feared for the lives of fellow officers. The recent shooting in Fauqier County by Stafford Deputies is questionable as well, entering a side door being a back up to the primary agency without telling them. Afterwards confronting the subject and firing 9 shots killing the teen instead of holding outside. This Office is known in the Law Enforcement Community to be a bunch of Cowboys, which we need Law Enforcement Officers not Cowboys safegaurding our streets. The Community of Stafford needs to make a stand when something is wrong and hold them accountable. The US Dept of Justice needs to get involved to ensure there was no criminal or civil wrong doing. Im voting for a new Sheriff when time comes in 2015 or this one needs to get impeached.
Stafford

Stafford, VA

#25 Jan 26, 2013
Idiots wrote:
You people react before you even know the actual facts to this incident. What isn't to say the so called "Child" hadn't come after the officers. Its not to be outraged about. Its either the officers life or the criminals. I believe the officers did what they had to do. And you never what really happens cause the media turns everything into a big joke to get everyones attention.
BTW, the paper never said it was the "child's" home nor does it say that they entered the house. For all we know the child came outside after the police.
Their investigation led them half a mile down Tacketts Mill Road to a house. Fauquier deputies stayed outside while Stafford deputies made entry, said Virginia First Sgt. Les Tyler. When the deputies went inside, Newsom confronted them and attacked one with a knife, dealing a superficial injury.
Stafford

Stafford, VA

#26 Jan 26, 2013
Their investigation led them half a mile down Tacketts Mill Road to a house. Fauquier deputies stayed outside while Stafford deputies made entry, said Virginia First Sgt. Les Tyler. When the deputies went inside, Newsom confronted them and attacked one with a knife, dealing a superficial injury.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stafford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Premier Home Brokers Inc Nov 15 asmith22401 1
Sexy Nov 8 Hottie01 1
Tric or treating times (Oct '07) Oct 31 linrn 7
Review: DND Jewelers Oct 27 georgie naylor 1
Debate: Civil Unions - Fredericksburg, VA (Jan '12) Oct '14 Gabe 3
Monkey Bone Oct '14 bigdaddy9p 1
Va. teacher investigated for sex with more stud... Oct '14 Bob 1
Stafford Dating
Find my Match

Stafford People Search