Planned Parenthood offering gift cert...

Planned Parenthood offering gift certificates

There are 363 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 3, 2008, titled Planned Parenthood offering gift certificates. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

What do you get the person who has everything - except adequate health insurance? If you live in Indiana, consider this offering from the state's Planned Parenthood affiliate: gift certificates in $25 ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 19
Next Last
bluflamesudream

Upper Marlboro, MD

#391 Dec 5, 2008
Ned wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ignorant. PP is the largest abortion provider in the U.S. at roughly 250,000 per year. PP is hardly the altruistic entity they make themselves out to be. Closer to genocidal nuts if you look at the rate at which they're aborting blacks. More people than the Christian Right have cause to be deeply critical. You should be, too, frankly.
I'm wondering who's paying for an abortion with a 25 dollar gift cert!?!

If a woman is going to get an abortion, she's gonna need a bit more than a lousy 25 bucks. It's more likely that money would go towards the birth control she'll buy afterwards... not worth all the uproar.

Fact is we all have the choice, whether or not it's a good one to make. A fifth of the cost being handed to a woman will have NO influence on their decision.

Since: Nov 08

Manchester, NH

#392 Dec 6, 2008
bluflamesudream wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm wondering who's paying for an abortion with a 25 dollar gift cert!?!
If a woman is going to get an abortion, she's gonna need a bit more than a lousy 25 bucks. It's more likely that money would go towards the birth control she'll buy afterwards... not worth all the uproar.
Fact is we all have the choice, whether or not it's a good one to make. A fifth of the cost being handed to a woman will have NO influence on their decision.
Thats not the point. The point is their pushing abortion,cmon we are in a reccesion, abortion for them,is their money source.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#393 Dec 6, 2008
Jenn from NH wrote:
<quoted text>Thats not the point. The point is their pushing abortion,cmon we are in a reccesion, abortion for them,is their money source.
How is it pushing abortion? The GC can be used for any service PP provides. If they sold them for abortion services only, I could see your point, but that isn't the case. It is the same concept as pro choice. A woman gets to choose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stafford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NAACP Takes Aim at Confederate Flag Over Inters... Jun 26 X-TREME BIAS 3
Bunny Melzer is a ho Jun 23 Ha Ha Ha 3
News Virginia's top Republican holds offtea-party ch... Jun 14 mjjcpa 28
News Dinwiddie Sheriff's deputy injured during traff... (Jul '14) May '15 90 Degrees 4
all the hoes in fredericksburg (Nov '13) May '15 FDR 2
News Fredericksburg Officer Resigns After Use of For... May '15 civilliberty 1
News Lavon Chew Arrested In Connection with Security... (Apr '13) May '15 villain survey 5
More from around the web

Stafford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Stafford Mortgages