Planned Parenthood offering gift certificates

Full story: Chicago Tribune

What do you get the person who has everything - except adequate health insurance? If you live in Indiana, consider this offering from the state's Planned Parenthood affiliate: gift certificates in $25 ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 363 Comments Last updated Dec 6, 2008
First Prev
of 19
Next Last
Reddy

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

For the girl that has everything!!

They make great stocking stuffers too!!
meh

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

Most of what Planned Parenthood provides are contraceptives- the Christian Right needs to get over themselves.
Bears Sux

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

It is an interesting note that the Christian reich wont protest the planned parenthood located in the inner city Indianapolis -- only the suburbs.
LAS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

meh wrote:
Most of what Planned Parenthood provides are contraceptives- the Christian Right needs to get over themselves.
As well as basic preventative care, like pap smears. Yeah, let's give women getting pap smears a hard time. Great.
Ned

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

meh wrote:
You are ignorant. PP is the largest abortion provider in the U.S. at roughly 250,000 per year. PP is hardly the altruistic entity they make themselves out to be. Closer to genocidal nuts if you look at the rate at which they're aborting blacks. More people than the Christian Right have cause to be deeply critical. You should be, too, frankly.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

Ned wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ignorant. PP is the largest abortion provider in the U.S. at roughly 250,000 per year. PP is hardly the altruistic entity they make themselves out to be. Closer to genocidal nuts if you look at the rate at which they're aborting blacks. More people than the Christian Right have cause to be deeply critical. You should be, too, frankly.
Does PP drag women off the streets and force them to abort?
CGull

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

Yes Sir!

Nothing says Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays like a gift certificate to have your unborn child aborted!

Who the heck was the moonbat loon who thought this one up?
Common Sense

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

Only "5,000 opt for abortions." Whatever happened to making abortion rare and not a form of birth control? It's a good thing that Mary's parents didn't buy her a gift certificate.
JSIII

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

Talk about Tackey...
pro life

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

I find it ironic that a gift certificate could possibly destroy the greatest GIFT of all: LIFE!
rba123

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

I'm afraid God has the last word on this, not the Christian right or you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

CGull wrote:
Yes Sir!
Nothing says Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays like a gift certificate to have your unborn child aborted!
Who the heck was the moonbat loon who thought this one up?
Did you ever stop to think that the gift certificates might be used so a woman could get an exam that could possibly save her life? Or maybe BC to keep her from becoming pregnant? PP offers much more than abortions. Less than 10% of their business has to do with abortion.
Bubba

Pella, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

Wonderful. What's next - Buy one, get your next abortion free? Maybe a lovely clock radio for every morning after pill purchase?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

Common Sense wrote:
Only "5,000 opt for abortions." Whatever happened to making abortion rare and not a form of birth control? It's a good thing that Mary's parents didn't buy her a gift certificate.
5,000 out of 92,000. You do the math. The rest of those women are there for health care and BC.
SShore Honey

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

PP is aborting Blacks??? Are you serious? Are they dragging pregnant black women off the streets? Well they missed one, twice.

Oh, and someone beat me to it. Makes a great stocking stuffer. Thanks for the pap smear, Santa!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

rba123 wrote:
I'm afraid God has the last word on this, not the Christian right or you.
Exactly. So let's let Him deal with it when the time comes.
pro life

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

Brown eyed gal wrote:
<quoted text>
5,000 out of 92,000. You do the math. The rest of those women are there for health care and BC.
So are you saying those 5,000 unborn babies, don't matter? They simply are not as valuable as a $25 gift certificate?
Wow life must not mean anything anymore. Life is priceless, no needed math to figure that out!
pro life

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

Bubba wrote:
Wonderful. What's next - Buy one, get your next abortion free? Maybe a lovely clock radio for every morning after pill purchase?
I agree! You said it well.
jtizzle

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

I heard they are also offering punch cards. After your 4th abortion the 5th one is free. USA USA USA!!!!!
Ned

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

Brown eyed gal wrote:
<quoted text>
Does PP drag women off the streets and force them to abort?
Obviously not. But they do concentrate their efforts in low-income, minority areas. Just like the malt liquour and tobacco companies. Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, supported the forced sterilization of people who didn't measure up to her quality of life, including blacks, the mentally handicapped, etc. Whatever good PP does is nowhere near to being outweighed by the tremendous harm they do. If they're really about "choice," why do you think their latest annual report has them providing 289,750 abortions but only 2,410 adoption referrals? Guess which one makes them money.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 19
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stafford Discussions

Search the Stafford Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Dinwiddie Sheriff's deputy injured during traff... Jul 23 Karma 3
Where can I find a real Tea Shop/House? Jul 23 Edward Chaiwalla 2
Review: Austin Towing (Sep '13) Jul 23 Tammy 2
All Star Solutions - Richard Hare Jul 23 stay away 2 4
Came to evaluate property listings...will NEVER... Jul 20 whatyearisit 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
Boy, 5, Pulled from Aquia Harbour Swimming Pool Jul 8 Evette 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Stafford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Stafford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE