Man charged with spitting on police Saliva to cop's face earns felony charge for city man

Jan 22, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Free Lance-Star

A Fredericksburg man was charged with a felony Saturday after he spit in the face of a police officer who had arrested him for being drunk in public, police said. via The Free Lance-Star

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
bjs23464

Clifton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2008

Judged:

My son was also charged with a felony assault when he was arrested for a disorderley, later for spitting on a police officer when he was in the police station he asked to go to the restroom, he stood up and was tackled by the officers he was kneed in the stomach and hence his only defense was spitting. Not the right thing to do he also was drunk. He was not in his right mind and would never do that in a normal situation without alcohol so there should not be this felony charge for such a self defending act of human nature especially considering they are drunk. These people need help of a different nature.
It bothers me that the police officers arrest so many people that really need help with the problem of alcohol or drugs and don't need to be sent to a prison or jail where only more harm is done. I have read where Governor Kain feels the jails are using the jails to house mentally ill people. I feel drugs and alcohol hinders a persons ability to react in a proper manner and obviously self medicate with the alcohol. Doesn't anyone see this is a problem I hope I am not the only one. My son is seeking treatment now for his alcohol abuse but if he goes to jail that will end and he is in the system with all the other convicted felons.
Sheepdog

Fair Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2008

Judged:

bjs23464 wrote:
My son was also charged with a felony assault when he was arrested for a disorderley, later for spitting on a police officer when he was in the police station he asked to go to the restroom, he stood up and was tackled by the officers he was kneed in the stomach and hence his only defense was spitting. Not the right thing to do he also was drunk. He was not in his right mind and would never do that in a normal situation without alcohol so there should not be this felony charge for such a self defending act of human nature especially considering they are drunk. These people need help of a different nature.
It bothers me that the police officers arrest so many people that really need help with the problem of alcohol or drugs and don't need to be sent to a prison or jail where only more harm is done. I have read where Governor Kain feels the jails are using the jails to house mentally ill people. I feel drugs and alcohol hinders a persons ability to react in a proper manner and obviously self medicate with the alcohol. Doesn't anyone see this is a problem I hope I am not the only one. My son is seeking treatment now for his alcohol abuse but if he goes to jail that will end and he is in the system with all the other convicted felons.
Your son is a felon. He's lucky those cpos didn't stomp the crap out of him for spitting on one of them. They have more restraint than most regular citizens. I woulda knocked his teeth out!
Agreed

Hooks, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2008

Judged:

I agree Sheepdog! If you can't control your drinking to the point you're spitting on police officers, you deserve a felony conviction. Intoxication is not an excuse, dont make it one!
Five0h

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Sorry, but if you don't want to be treated like a criminal, don't comit a crime ;-)
bjs23464 wrote:

“Coffee, smokes and News”

Since: Jul 08

Bowling Green, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2008

Judged:

What's worse? Stupid drunks or abusive cops, they are both poison to their communities.
Raff

Hope Mills, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2009

Judged:

those police officers r totally abusive and they over use their power..the law also protects them..it's totally crazy to convict somebody of a felony for spitting on a cop..especially when they're drunk..u r ruining somebody's life over something stupid..this is not the country of freedom..this country is centuries behind as compared to even some third world countries..I wish ur son the best of luck against those criminals.
tomtom

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Judged:

Raff wrote:
those police officers r totally abusive and they over use their power..the law also protects them..it's totally crazy to convict somebody of a felony for spitting on a cop..especially when they're drunk..u r ruining somebody's life over something stupid..this is not the country of freedom..this country is centuries behind as compared to even some third world countries..I wish ur son the best of luck against those criminals.
yea the versailles police are all overpaid power tripping mamas boys that ruin lives... there just as crooked as the commin thief...or druggie half of them are... they will get a bogus charge on you even thow there is no wrong.. officer wyat asaulted me 1 day for no reason... i was geting my wallet out and he slammed my head into a wall and twisted my arm... and i had done no wrong... they all need to go... no respect for anyone.. so why the hell should we respect them...? i would have pissed on 1 not spit thats to clean... for pigs
Tom-toms mom

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2011

Tomtom, your grammar sucks.
Power returned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2011

I took care of the police that said they threw my dog off the balcony. Stand up for yourself and bring in the Feds.
Corruption Rules

Montpelier, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2011

too bad he wasn't Culpeper County Sheriff Jim Branch's son, he may have received a medal for his honorable behavior, maybe he and the officers could have driven around in their patrol cars snorting cocaine and smoking marijuana, arresting them and confiscating their stash and cash.
koolpop

Palmyra, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2011

bjs23464 wrote:
I agree with you totally
koolpop

Palmyra, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2011

cops are no longer trained to help and protect the very people who pay their salries. they are now more of a combat force as a first defense of an uprise of the people. since bush and his boys created HOMELAND INSECURITY it gives them a free pass to treat people any way they want. I was lucky enough to pay a visit to the ORANGE PRISON. fOR A MISDEMEANOR CHARGE. and was set up by the intake pig. yes a fat over fed lazy ass greene county pig. and got a good jumping on . it toke 5 of them after i figured out what they were doing. the scum bags.
CoreyG Set Free

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2011

I just got out of Rappahanok Regional Jail and lemme tell u it suxed. I was stuck in medical the whole time but at least I got 2mgs of xanax 3times a day (woohoo)!
koolpop

Palmyra, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Five0h wrote:
Sorry, but if you don't want to be treated like a criminal, don't comit a crime ;-)<quoted text>
even someone arrested is not a criminal till they had their day in court. even still they have no right fu--ing people up. thats why they are pigs. just a gang hiding behind a badge. fool
I fought the law

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2011

McStafford Mclegal system makes me want to vomit. This county is notorious and not only with the local attorneys. They only dropped the McMissle case when it went national and they were shown for the McGoobers they are. BTW, I know the fellow they accused of spitting on the McCop. He WON!!! Wow was that ever unexpected.
Battered Mother by BBDD

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

bjs23464 wrote:

Yes, My Baby Daddy just got arrested because he was drunk in public, as he was getting arrested by like 6 officers. He then told me he didn't love me anymore, spit at me and when he got into the police vehicle he was yelling at me "Bitch, Fuck you" over and over again as I stood out in the cold with our 1 year old daughter sobbing. The policeman called me later to let me know that my Baby Daddy had spit on him...CRAZY...I cant deal with this guy anymore. It's too much to deal with.
i got arrested for a dui

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

i got arrested for a dui on a bicycle. right thing to do instead of driving. well i spit on the cops face and badge due to the lack of compassion and mercy. these cops think there god and can do anything they want. im happy that i spit on the cop. i did it infront of cameras so they couldnt beat me up. if a cop got his ass whooped. he wouldnt hestitate to use his pistol. cowards.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stafford Discussions

Search the Stafford Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 21 hr abe 1,350
In Pain - not what I need or want (Jan '11) 21 hr Mike 3
Review: Driveways By US Fri Rebecca Bernard 1
5k spring run (color run and easter egg hunt) Apr 17 Students Helping Honduras 1
Review: Peak Mental Health - Nivedita Choudhary MD (Apr '11) Apr 17 Disppointed Patient 37
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr 14 Jim 1,434
Stafford assault verdict reversed A man who was... (May '12) Apr 12 Jackson 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Stafford Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Stafford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE