Too Many Churches?
Jay

Olympia, WA

#1 Aug 6, 2006
I could not believe what I read about your City and the Mayor's Comments, "our city has an excessive number of churches."

Something is wrong here, because the Churches, all the attending members, should bring blessing and support and prosperity to a city. Does this mean that the 51 churches of Stafford are not contributing members of the community? Or does it mean that the Mayor and those quoted in the nationally published article are against Churches?

I encourage those in the Churches to take this article as a challenge to start adding more value to your city - don't you as Churches exist to help and bless and serve your community?(I hope you are not thinking the City and community exists to serve the church.)

I encourage the Mayor and Business Leaders to rise up and lead with purpose and creativity - be leaders, not complainers.
lxmn5348

Missouri City, TX

#2 Mar 14, 2011
In my opinion, there are too many churches in stafford. They are closing down public places where
Many people enjoy the most, and are changing them into churches. I have never seen this many church in a municipality like stafford in size

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stafford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
💨 Sausage from Gettysburg 👃 Good 1 hr Gettysburg Eddie ... 64
News Pet welfare groups help fend for animals during... 2 hr Walter glen stockton 1
News Cover story: 'Bountiful' love happens at Theatr... (Sep '09) 5 hr FART FOOD 2
News Calendar, Oct. 1 - 7 (Oct '09) 5 hr FART FOOD 2
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 5 hr FART FOOD 24,704
News Wortham: Unicorns are alive, well and working t... (Oct '09) 13 hr ROAD FART 2
News Houston Congressman Poe won't pick favorite in ... 13 hr ROAD FART 6

Stafford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stafford Mortgages