Bush plans forest sales

Bush plans forest sales

There are 32 comments on the The Post and Courier story from Feb 11, 2006, titled Bush plans forest sales. In it, The Post and Courier reports that:

The Bush administration unveiled plans Friday to sell 306,000 acres of national forestland, targeting 1,095 acres in the Francis Marion National Forest and 3,564 elsewhere across South Carolina.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Post and Courier.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Moncks Corner 2

Rocky Mount, NC

#21 Apr 9, 2006
Sidney Smith wrote:
There has never been a president elected that hasn't been ridiculed and complained about by the citizens of our country. We should all be thankful that we have a choice to elect a president to serve and lead us. There is never going to be a perfect president. Afterall they are human like the rest of us. I am tired of hearing about the bellyaching about President Bush and the war in Iraq. If he had none nothing; the USA would have been considered cowards by the rest of the world and the security of our nation would be at risk. Did all the men and women who have died in wars before Iraq die in vain? Would they want our country to sit back and allow terrorists to invade our country and do nothing? I think not! You should be ashame for not supporting our president. If you don't, then you are no better than the terrorists who started all of this.
Sidney Smith, hurry, hurry , get out of La,La Land.You have obviously voted for this man,and you continue to beleive the lies he's feeding the American people? You are truely brain washed. One advice to you, dont drink the red koolaid if he offer some to you!!
Moncks Corner 2 mj

Rocky Mount, NC

#22 Apr 9, 2006
Sidney Smith, hurry, hurry , get out of La,La Land.You have obviously voted for this man,and you continue to beleive the lies he's feeding the American people? You are truely brain washed. One advice to you, dont drink the red koolaid if he offer some to you!!
LeRoy Ives

Irmo, SC

#23 Apr 12, 2006
This nation is in such a mess if there isn't a change we are going to be in for it may be it's already to late. It's sad that our children will be caught up in this I believe charity starts at home we should worry about the united states of america first I think the war in Irac was a mistake our service men should come home you can't change a culture of a nation that doesn't want change. We waist a lot of money over seas when it could be better put to use in this country to better education, jobs, arts to work to get our young people to take a different view of life to open the mind to reach out in the arts of music, poetry and all that the arts has to hold most of all to realize nothing can be solved of mortal flesh only by the almighty God clings our fate.(Quote: We are who we are what we are by the power to be of God. All that we have in life belongs to God we are just here for only a while.

LeRoy Ives
Kingstree, S.C.
1:04 P.M.
April 12, 2006
Noble Muse

Schaumburg, IL

#26 Apr 21, 2006
mt mcallister wrote:
NEVER SELL,LAND TO BUILD HOUSES AND OR CONDOS,GOLF COURSES CLARKS HILL.S.C.

AMEN to that!!! George's brother, Jeb sold Mangrove Preserves in FL to development of high rise condo's. Yes the Busch Administration is all about making money. Sad
Sidney Smith

Walterboro, SC

#27 Apr 26, 2006
Moncks Corner 2 mj wrote:
Obviously you have drank more than red koolaid. Has there ever been a President that you thought did a great job in office? I bet you cannot answer yes to that question. Every President has always and will always have their weaknesses. What gives you the right to think that a President should be perfect. I have no doubts that you have not found fault in every President that has ever been in office. Respond back when you can name one that you have found to be without fault.
Sidney Smith

Walterboro, SC

#28 Apr 26, 2006
tori harrison wrote:
I've been thinking of moving to South Carolina but after reading Sidney Smith's comments, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want her (him?) for a neighbor. Here's a clue, Sidney, in the words of Abraham Lincoln "To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men".
Please do not move to SC. We do not need any more anti-American people like you in this state. I do not know if you are a U.S. citizen or not. If you are, how can you not support the military men and women who are serving our country in Iraq and other parts of the world? If you don't back the President, regardless if you think his decisions or right or wrong, you are in turn not backing our government. Every President has been ridiculed during their term in office. Every one of them have made decisions that the American people have disliked. Can you name one who hasn't? I am waiting on your list of names. In the meantime, you might want to check out moving to another country.
Democracy

Manning, SC

#29 Apr 27, 2006
I am American. I have spent my entire life in South Carolina. My family has been in politics and served in major positions here and nationally.

I disagree with our current president.
I think he made major mistakes that have cost us dearly in lives of our soldiers, in respect internally and monetarily.

This is my right as an American to disagree and to VOTE. Change is possible due to that right.

I do not hate or condemn W. I just think that his leadship has been in a direction that was and is terribly wrong.
A Columbian

United States

#30 Apr 27, 2006
No...what we don't need is close minded people like yourself. We elect the officials in office that we feel will benifit the society as a whole. While these people are perfect, they should strive for perfection in the jobs that the "People" voting them to do. Instead they get greedy and swayed by to many companies to bend rules or make rules that will benefit there special interest. Bush had made mistake after mistake and has mislead the public. He referred to our constitution as "Just a piece of paper". Now he is taking away forest to fund his short term need and deplete our nations natural beauty. I disagree with the selling of my states forest and the selling of any other states forest at that because it won't be the first time if he does this. This will start a trend that will deplete our forest and lead to problems like animals with habitat and etc. This is another mistake this adminstration is making.
Sidney Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do not move to SC. We do not need any more anti-American people like you in this state. I do not know if you are a U.S. citizen or not. If you are, how can you not support the military men and women who are serving our country in Iraq and other parts of the world? If you don't back the President, regardless if you think his decisions or right or wrong, you are in turn not backing our government. Every President has been ridiculed during their term in office. Every one of them have made decisions that the American people have disliked. Can you name one who hasn't? I am waiting on your list of names. In the meantime, you might want to check out moving to another country.
A Columbian

United States

#31 Apr 27, 2006
And to Sidney Smith again. I'm proud that your husband was in for 30yrs...that's a tremendous tenure. My fiance' has been in for 17yrs and she is currently oversea in the Middle East also, so i know the feeling wanting to support the troops. My family has a rich history of going to war after war...WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom. I myself was in Bosnia and Afghanistan and that doesn't mean i support the actions of what's going on. This is not showing the world that we are not weak. This is showing the world just how weak we are. This war is showing the world the holes in our armour and it's costing us in too many ways. The enrollment keeps declining for our armed services. Our government has to raise money, thus raising taxes that affect all we do. Gas, Medicine, Material Goods, Foods and much more are rising and we are suffering as a nation. Our monetary value of the dollar keeps decreasing in stability. The Euro, Yen and even the Kuwaity Dinar is worth more than ours. We can't even afford to help with our on national disaters. With every roadside IED that is discharged, with every building bombed, and with every gun shot our country suffers. Yeah the deal with this war is that, it didn't have to happen at all. The correct way to handle the 9/11 attacks would have been to strength our boarders, show our nations unity and focus on those terrist groups. But you must remember this...the biggest terrorist group in the would isn't Al Queda...it's the United States of America. We are not dying in vain because once one person died in war, it had a purpose. But this war will not end. We had a wonderful entrance strategy, but completely forgot how to exit.
Sidney Smith

Walterboro, SC

#32 Apr 27, 2006
A Columbian wrote:
And to Sidney Smith again. I'm proud that your husband was in for 30yrs...that's a tremendous tenure. My fiance' has been in for 17yrs and she is currently oversea in the Middle East also, so i know the feeling wanting to support the troops. My family has a rich history of going to war after war...WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom. I myself was in Bosnia and Afghanistan and that doesn't mean i support the actions of what's going on. This is not showing the world that we are not weak. This is showing the world just how weak we are. This war is showing the world the holes in our armour and it's costing us in too many ways. The enrollment keeps declining for our armed services. Our government has to raise money, thus raising taxes that affect all we do. Gas, Medicine, Material Goods, Foods and much more are rising and we are suffering as a nation. Our monetary value of the dollar keeps decreasing in stability. The Euro, Yen and even the Kuwaity Dinar is worth more than ours. We can't even afford to help with our on national disaters. With every roadside IED that is discharged, with every building bombed, and with every gun shot our country suffers. Yeah the deal with this war is that, it didn't have to happen at all. The correct way to handle the 9/11 attacks would have been to strength our boarders, show our nations unity and focus on those terrist groups. But you must remember this...the biggest terrorist group in the would isn't Al Queda...it's the United States of America. We are not dying in vain because once one person died in war, it had a purpose. But this war will not end. We had a wonderful entrance strategy, but completely forgot how to exit.
I do not know how my statements about Bush have become so misconstrude. I never said that he has not made mistakes. I agree that things have gotten worse under his term. The point that I was attempting to make is that there has not been a President in office that I can remember who was fully supported by American citizens. They have all made some errors in judgement. I totally agree that our land should be not be sold off. Large corporations will be the ones who purchase the land not the common man. My opinion is is that although Bush is not the "ideal" President, he IS the President and other countries, particularly the Middle East countries should not see the American people rebelling against their own leader. I am sure they find this amusing. Our military troops who are sacrificing their lives should not feel that their own country does not support their President or the decision that was made to send them where they are.
Sidney Smith

Walterboro, SC

#33 Apr 27, 2006
Perhaps one day there will be a computerized President of the U.S. that can be programmed to make all the correct decisions and choices for the American people.
SC Resident

AOL

#34 Apr 27, 2006
Sidney Smith wrote:
There has never been a president elected that hasn't been ridiculed and complained about by the citizens of our country. We should all be thankful that we have a choice to elect a president to serve and lead us. There is never going to be a perfect president. Afterall they are human like the rest of us. I am tired of hearing about the bellyaching about President Bush and the war in Iraq. If he had none nothing; the USA would have been considered cowards by the rest of the world and the security of our nation would be at risk. Did all the men and women who have died in wars before Iraq die in vain? Would they want our country to sit back and allow terrorists to invade our country and do nothing? I think not! You should be ashame for not supporting our president. If you don't, then you are no better than the terrorists who started all of this.
NO I DO NOT SUPPORT OUR "SO CALLED" PRESIDENT. Just because I don't support the president does not mean I am considered to be on the level of a terriorist.( I did not kill thousands of people). I have mixed emotions about the war. But, it has gone on long enough and it is time to send our men and women home. If the president does not feel that way, he should go over there for a while. I bet he'd be on a jet back over here in a heartbeat. I did not vote for Bush. Even though I didn't, obviously it did not make a crap, he is in office. But, he is a lousy president and I do not respect him one bit. He is no better than I, "he puts his pants on the same way I do, one leg at a time". I hope our next president is up for a challenge, because it is gonna take a miracle to straighten out this mess Bush has made.
THIS IS ALL JUST MY OPINION!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Stephen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man who found woman's body charged with murder (May '08) Mar '18 Tronald Dump 11
wal mart parking lot sex (Nov '12) Mar '18 Dennys momma 5
News Economic Development is topic during recent cou... (Oct '16) Oct '16 will morgan 1
who drills wells? (Feb '14) Feb '14 Blue Cat 1
blue catfishing (Jan '14) Jan '14 Blue Cat 1
wanted - kenneth g. wadford (Jun '13) Jun '13 trp2fbt-gun 3
News Garden Ridge home decor store coming to North C... (Aug '12) Aug '12 BE WARNED 1

St. Stephen Jobs

Personal Finance

St. Stephen Mortgages