Bush plans forest sales

The Bush administration unveiled plans Friday to sell 306,000 acres of national forestland, targeting 1,095 acres in the Francis Marion National Forest and 3,564 elsewhere across South Carolina. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mr Eyewatcher

United States

#1 Feb 23, 2006
Maybe if Bush wasnt so hooked on this war we wouldnt have to be doing this. All he ever thinks about is the war over in Iraq, but there are plenty of problems in your own country. You dont need to sell nature ever! Bush has already taken away enough money from the public for this war... Bush is one of the worst presidents we've ever had!!
Iben Tooken

United States

#2 Feb 23, 2006
Bush, isn,t one of the worst presidents,( He is the worst and the sorriest) thank God i didn,t vote for him, if you in goose creek voted for him, you deserve all that you reap. He conn,s the U.S.A and our people,every time he opens his mouth, He is telling a bigger lie,to hold up the others. thank you, WEST VIRGINIA
Sidney Smith

Walterboro, SC

#3 Feb 24, 2006
There has never been a president elected that hasn't been ridiculed and complained about by the citizens of our country. We should all be thankful that we have a choice to elect a president to serve and lead us. There is never going to be a perfect president. Afterall they are human like the rest of us. I am tired of hearing about the bellyaching about President Bush and the war in Iraq. If he had none nothing; the USA would have been considered cowards by the rest of the world and the security of our nation would be at risk. Did all the men and women who have died in wars before Iraq die in vain? Would they want our country to sit back and allow terrorists to invade our country and do nothing? I think not! You should be ashame for not supporting our president. If you don't, then you are no better than the terrorists who started all of this.
beejay

UK

#4 Mar 3, 2006
This President is all out for 'BIG BUSINESS' and money.
Sad.
CNOTE

Belleville, IL

#5 Mar 3, 2006
mary wrote:
This President is all out for 'BIG BUSINESS' and money.
Sad.
THIS PRESIDENT IN OUT FOR SELF. NOT ONLY TO MAKE THE BIG BUSENESS RICHER BUT HIMSELF. ITS ALL IN KICK BACKS. JUST LIKE THIS PORT DEAL WITH UAE. I'M SURE HE GOT PAID UNDER THE COUNTER. TO MAKE A DECISION FOR UAE TO TAKE OVER 6 US PORTS AND NOT GET IT APPROVED BY THE HOUSE BUT TO SAY OK ON IT. YOU DO THE MATH. YES INDEED, I'M SURE HIS OFF SHORE ACCOUNT LOOKS REAL GOOD. BUSH IS IN BED WITH THE BIG BUSSINESSES...IE (OIL=TEXAS)(PHARAMCY=TEXAS)..

ON ANOTHER NOTE HOW CAN WE BE ON THE GROUND TOADAY IN PAKISTAN TO HELP FOR A MUD SLIDE AND STILL AFTER SIX MONTH WE HAVEN'T CLEANED UP IN NEW ORLEANS. STRANGE IT TAKE 14 HRS TO FLY COMMERCIAL TO PAKISTAN AND 2.5 HRS TO FLY TO NEW ORLEANS...HHHHMMM
CNOTE

Belleville, IL

#6 Mar 3, 2006
To Sidney Smith above form Monck Corner. Talk about bellyaching is it not sick to realize after all of the men and women that have died from just this war alone for our country to make it a safer place, still we are not safer today, and we still have not found any weapons of mass destruction. As of 03Mar06 what have this war accomplish. We have Sadam in custody and now we have twice as many bombs everyday, the death toll is raising, and we still haven't found Ben Laden. This president is a BAFOON=Fool, idiot, one who pretents to know something but does not.
Sidney Smith

Walterboro, SC

#7 Mar 10, 2006
To: O Fallon, IL,
We have been at risk of being attacked by other forces long before President Bush was elected.(Actually since the country began). There have been wars before Bush, and there will be wars after him. Iraq is not a small country. Weapons of mass destruction could be hidden anywhere in that country,and it might be years before they are discovered. My husband was in the army for 30 years and has been to Iraq and tells me that the country is huge. The press is anti-Bush and is reporting only half facts about this war and Bush. As I stated before, Americans have complained about every president we have elected after a few months of his term. If other countries see that our President's own republic doesn't support him; they will believe we are a weak country.
CNOTE wrote:
To Sidney Smith above form Monck Corner. Talk about bellyaching is it not sick to realize after all of the men and women that have died from just this war alone for our country to make it a safer place, still we are not safer today, and we still have not found any weapons of mass destruction. As of 03Mar06 what have this waO Fallon, ILr accomplish. We have Sadam in custody and now we have twice as many bombs everyday, the death toll is raising, and we still haven't found Ben Laden. This president is a BAFOON=Fool, idiot, one who pretents to know something but does not.
mt mcallister

Leawood, KS

#8 Mar 10, 2006
NEVER SELL,LAND TO BUILD HOUSES AND OR CONDOS,GOLF COURSES CLARKS HILL.S.C.
CNOTE

Belleville, IL

#9 Mar 10, 2006
Sidney Smith wrote:
To: O Fallon, IL,
We have been at risk of being attacked by other forces long before President Bush was elected.(Actually since the country began). There have been wars before Bush, and there will be wars after him. Iraq is not a small country. Weapons of mass destruction could be hidden anywhere in that country,and it might be years before they are discovered. My husband was in the army for 30 years and has been to Iraq and tells me that the country is huge. The press is anti-Bush and is reporting only half facts about this war and Bush. As I stated before, Americans have complained about every president we have elected after a few months of his term. If other countries see that our President's own republic doesn't support him; they will believe we are a weak country.
<quoted text>
I just got I of the military, yes indeed Iraq is a big big country but still how many friends, brothers, sisters, sons and daughter are we going to have to kill to find these weapons or to show we are a weak not nation. What good is it to to have a death toll this high and still no weapon. Iran iand North Korea is a bigger threat. Your husband did 30 years (may God Bless him). Its not design not to do 30years any more, especailly to get what in return. Let me guess 30% VA and very little retirement. There is no future in fighting for our country when our country don't fihgt for us..
Sidney Smith

Walterboro, SC

#10 Mar 10, 2006
So you would back Bush up if he invaded Iran or North Korea?
Sidney Smith

Walterboro, SC

#11 Mar 10, 2006
Certainly there are other countries that are a threat to the U.S. also. My point is that since we are in Iraq and there have been lives lost; let them not have died in vain. They went and served our country while we sit home and complain about our President. Hasn't their sacrifice been worth anything? Also, many more thousands died in Viet Nam, and how were those solidiers treated when they returned home? Bush wasn't president then. Did we need to be in that war? NO, but we sent thousands to fight and thousands to die. How many do you think would back Bush if he invaded Iran or North Korea?
Ron

Jersey City, NJ

#12 Mar 11, 2006
Sidney Smith wrote:
There has never been a president elected that hasn't been ridiculed and complained about by the citizens of our country. We should all be thankful that we have a choice to elect a president to serve and lead us. There is never going to be a perfect president. Afterall they are human like the rest of us. I am tired of hearing about the bellyaching about President Bush and the war in Iraq. If he had none nothing; the USA would have been considered cowards by the rest of the world and the security of our nation would be at risk. Did all the men and women who have died in wars before Iraq die in vain? Would they want our country to sit back and allow terrorists to invade our country and do nothing? I think not! You should be ashame for not supporting our president. If you don't, then you are no better than the terrorists who started all of this.
EXCUSE ME. The terrorist attack that this country suffered on 9/11 had absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing to do with IRAQ. You are just so brainwashed, it is almost pathetic. Every investigations that has been done about this war has proven over and over again that Sadaam had nothing, do you hear nothing to do with this. You have really drank the Kool-Aid.
The Gunny

Myrtle Beach, SC

#13 Mar 11, 2006
Iben Tooken wrote:
Bush, isn,t one of the worst presidents,( He is the worst and the sorriest) thank God i didn,t vote for him, if you in goose creek voted for him, you deserve all that you reap. He conn,s the U.S.A and our people,every time he opens his mouth, He is telling a bigger lie,to hold up the others. thank you, WEST VIRGINIA
Iben Tooken? Must be from Iraq or Iran. Shut up! How many times in your miserable life have you con people and/or tell a lie. The majority rules in this country, and those of us that didn't get our choice just have to suck it up. If you can do a better job, you have the right file intent, and run for the party of your choosing. Then you can go out across the US to con and lie your way into the Presidency. If your successful, then we can throw stones at you for every time we think you screw up.
The Gunny

Myrtle Beach, SC

#14 Mar 11, 2006
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
EXCUSE ME. The terrorist attack that this country suffered on 9/11 had absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing to do with IRAQ. You are just so brainwashed, it is almost pathetic. Every investigations that has been done about this war has proven over and over again that Sadaam had nothing, do you hear nothing to do with this. You have really drank the Kool-Aid.
I'm over there fighting. I see first hand, things that tell a story about terrorism and planned terrorism toward this country. You may not be able to SEE weapons of mass destruction on the ground, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.... in the mind(s) of people that can make it happen. Iraq and Afghanistan have scientist too. Educated in the US or Britian. You have no idea.
Sidney Smith

Walterboro, SC

#15 Mar 13, 2006
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so hostile it is unbelievable. Are you a terrorist? Why so critical and insulting? This is a discussion board if you haven't noticed. You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. I don't think you are informed about the news and world issues. Go study up and maybe you can persuade someone to believe you. It is very obvious that you have no clue as to what is going on, or maybe you are ignorant. How do you like the insults?
Gin

AOL

#16 Mar 14, 2006
I thought that the issue was our National Forrests. I live in Mt. Pleasant and the Francis Marion National Forest is the only place where my family and I can picnic and explore nature. The government is ruining what belongs to us and our children. If it's up to the government, we'll be living in a concrete jungle where your homes are built within a foot of one another and the only place you will be able to find an oak tree will be in a museum!
The war is going on. We cannot stop it. We can however stop Bush from taking what little bit of nature that we have left. How do we do it?????????
Our government is poluted. It doesn't matter if you are a republican or a democrat. They're screwing us. We must however support our service people. They are fighting for us!
LeRoy Ives

AOL

#17 Mar 14, 2006
Our sevice men need to come home you can't help some one who doesn't want to be helped our country is going down hill fast we are loosing jobs our debt is out standing we are all ready facing a crisis. The gas is so high it should be regulated at one price. The food in the stores is so expensive. Those who are on fixed incomes is just getting by we definitely need a change.

LeRoy Ives
Kingsttree, S.C.

2:54 P.M.
March 14 2006
LeRoy Ives

AOL

#18 Mar 15, 2006
It's hard when you look a round and see your own country falling behind every day the jobs are gone the food prices is out rageous the elderly on a fixed income can't hardly get by the gas prices are out of control all gas prices should be one thing reguardless where at. The cost of medicine is so high the eldely and the diaabled don't get enough in their cost of living checks to keep them going if there is not a change made I'm afraid a lot of people will suffer it's time for a change.

LeRoy Ives
Kingstree, S.C.

8:10 P.M.
March 15 2006
Dwight Arrington

United States

#19 Apr 4, 2006
I backed Bush in the war with Iraq and the "war on terror." HOWEVER, how can President Bush along with 95% of the politicians on BOTH sides of the isle ask the public to fund this war and sacrifice our soldiers when our borders are wide open and we have 12-20 MILLION ILLEGAL immigrants wandering around? BOTH political parties need to be held accountable for this in the upcoming November elections. There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for EITHER party to object to us securing our borders. BOTH political parties should be ashamed of themselves for playing gotcha while we are being invaded from our southern border. The political left has become so blinded by hatred for President Bush that they are becoming more of a threat to our national security than the terrorists.
Sidney Smith wrote:
Certainly there are other countries that are a threat to the U.S. also. My point is that since we are in Iraq and there have been lives lost; let them not have died in vain. They went and served our country while we sit home and complain about our President. Hasn't their sacrifice been worth anything? Also, many more thousands died in Viet Nam, and how were those solidiers treated when they returned home? Bush wasn't president then. Did we need to be in that war? NO, but we sent thousands to fight and thousands to die. How many do you think would back Bush if he invaded Iran or North Korea?
tori harrison

United States

#20 Apr 7, 2006
I've been thinking of moving to South Carolina but after reading Sidney Smith's comments, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want her (him?) for a neighbor. Here's a clue, Sidney, in the words of Abraham Lincoln "To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Stephen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Berkeley Co. Sheriff Wayne DeWitt released on bond Jan 7 BiteMe 14
Hanahan police ordered information 'dead zone' ... Jan 6 BiteMe 1
Berkeley County Sheriff's Office to mingle with... Jan 6 BiteMe 1
Peagler sworn in as Berkeley County supervisor;... Jan 2 BiteMe 1
Moncks Corner Music Forum (Dec '12) Jan 1 Musikologist 11
Patricia Kennedy Nov '14 DOJ9Investigates 2
Crime in the County Oct '14 William Morgan 2

Child Abduction Emergency for Berkeley County was issued at January 31 at 11:40AM EST

St. Stephen Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

St. Stephen People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:39 am PST

NFL11:39AM
Cosell: Jags 'probably need to start over' with Bortles
NBC Sports 6:32 AM