Marijuana Legal In South Carolina? The Debate Begins

Jan 19, 2007 Read more: WCIV 460
Columbia, SC - Some argue South Carolina is not yet ready to tackle the issue of marijuana use for medical reasons that 12 other states have passed. Read more
First Prev
of 23
Next Last
local

El Dorado, KS

#466 Jun 23, 2011
Zac wrote:
Who ever said that marijuana is not additive is full of shit! i have lost 3 of my best friends to this stuff! i grew up in a family of law enforcement and i am a teenager myself i feel that it is one of the stupidest choieces a person could make. i have wateched a freind of mine spend almost 90% of his paycheck on this shit he makes 14 dollars and hour and was one of my best friends in the world now all that matters to him is GETTING HIGH constantly. i see it as pointless i think it should be banned period not even for medical use. cause as it was said on another add plenty of people will become violently ill just to have an excuse to smoke it. This state is horrible enough i would say 2 out of 3 people here smoke pot its unreal the people that throw there lives away to the stupid ness.
Hopefully you and your Law Enforcement family will get shot in the face by a Real American Hero.
Tired

Columbia, SC

#467 Jun 23, 2011
Now once we End The war on drugs Can we start growing it so we can create jobs with the product? There are so many different thinks that could be made. Every item from paper to clothing to PVC pipes. plus cars gas for cars oild make-up all organic all recycleable.

Think of how many jobs this would/could create. The Manufacturing jobs alone would boost our economy.

Daymn watch this video England has fields of hemp... 350 acre field...

Here's a car road ready for 2012 made from hemp...

http://www.popsci.com/cars/article/2011-02/in...

However I feel we are behind the world once I saw that youtube video of that farm in England... WTF can't our Gobmint get their ships in gear and drop the war on drugs because the Drugs won... Get over it already...
Tired

Columbia, SC

#468 Jun 23, 2011
kin wrote:
dude drunk people drive/fight/are promiscuous. stoned people play video games have munchies etc. who would you rather drive next to: a drunk driver or a stoned driver? marijuana should be regulated like alcohol but with 18yr age limit. and stricter enforcement of alcohol. the idea of only "medical" marijuana is stupid. we let much more harmful things be bought and used by much younger age groups. I tried huffing when I was 14 because weed was illegal and a can of glade was not. even as it was more dangerous I was allowed to walk into a supermarket and buy 4 cans of glade.
so my question to use is why should marijuana not be legal? I want a real answer. not some hyped up political bs. fyi I have a bs in elec eng and currently support my fiance thru nursing school so using the deadbeat slacker pothead thing willnot fly.
----------
<quoted text>
Think of how many jobs this would/could create. The Manufacturing jobs alone would boost our economy.

Daymn watch this video England has fields of hemp... 350 acre field...

“Good luck with that !!!!”

Since: Dec 10

New York, NY

#469 Jun 23, 2011
shovelhead wrote:
We can agree about your assumption that pot was not all they/we did. But that's about all we can agree on. And that's ok. I'm not going to change your opinion and you're not going to change mine.
And that's ok too.
But reading what you say, I'm thinking that instead of legalizing grass, maybe we should do away with booze and smokes.
Wouldn't it be better to rid ourselves of two evils than add a third?
Hey, I like a good back and forth, it's all about how you present your view. And when it can be done with respect and no name calling, it just makes it more enjoyable.

That being said:
What, exactly makes cannabis, or alcohol for that matter, "evil" ???
Has a joint or a bottle of booze ever beat someone up or stole their possessions by themselves??
There is no evil involved for the majority of users who know how to use responsibly. There is nothing inherently "evil" about any substance.
Prohibition blames the substance for the lack of maturity of some and the stupidity of others.
And why not? Especially when the pols are making money (I'm sorry, I meant "contributions") on said prohibition based on lies, greed, and to some extent, racism.
Funny how the pols, and their lobbyist pals, all want the same thing as the gangs and the cartels.
Banning alcohol and smokes just tightens the Nanny State noose around our necks!! I can't believe that you really like having your life micromanaged by our gov't!!
Chaz

United States

#470 Jul 8, 2011
Doctors and pills kill... Marijuana Chills! Those who say it should be illegal have never tried it and that is a right of being an American.. However it is not ok to judge me or others for smoking the same stuff are 1st and last presidents smoked..

How about Hemp? Clothes, shoes, rope, hats, PAPER!! and over 25,000 more items.. America would have lost both World Wars if Americans did not grow hemp for the armed forces...DVD HEMP FOR VICTORY! Check it out

New York, NY

#471 Jul 8, 2011
Chaz wrote:
Doctors and pills kill... Marijuana Chills! Those who say it should be illegal have never tried it and that is a right of being an American.. However it is not ok to judge me or others for smoking the same stuff are 1st and last presidents smoked..
How about Hemp? Clothes, shoes, rope, hats, PAPER!! and over 25,000 more items.. America would have lost both World Wars if Americans did not grow hemp for the armed forces...DVD HEMP FOR VICTORY! Check it out
...and an extra $500,000,000 -$1billion of material that we wouldn't have to import and that our own farmers can grow each year. Also, hemp makes for a very nutritious food source.
Now couple that with the $12 billion (out of their $25 billion share of the U.S budget for 2010) we can take back from the DEA since they won't need it, and voila,$26billion a year back into the budget. That's not including the tax revenues we make on both hemp and medicinal/recreational cannabis and seeds.

“Viva Mexico”

Conroe, TX

#472 Jul 31, 2011
there is no valid reason to continue the prohibition of marijuana.

less government is good, more government is bad

let the people decide what they want to inhale.

most people will not inhale something they don't enjoy.

for example: how many people you know sniff ammonia ?

how many people you know sniff horse turds ?

how many people you know huff paint thinner or gasoline ?

well guess what people, gasoline, horse turds, and paint thinner, and gasoline all have something in common.

what is it ?

THERE IS NO LAW AGAINST BUYING, USING, OR POSSESSING THEM.

lol
brandon

Florence, SC

#473 Aug 24, 2011
ligalize it plz!!!
adam

Columbia, SC

#474 Sep 8, 2011
look up this movie: "The Union; the business behind getting high". One of THE best weed films out there. i hate people trying to down weed without even listing any facts other than "it kills your brain cells and memory". watch this movie, it shows that no study has even been done to show that marijuana kills brain cells, and that Pres. Nixon put that out. He got that data from puting gas masks on lab rats and pumping straight cannibas smoke through them for 4 minutes... when your body is starved of oxygen, guess what? the first cells to die are your brain cells. also, india, the leading researching country of cannibas says cannibas can actually enhance brain cells and improve memory in many individuals. and yet people are going to listen to what the U.S. government says?! the same government that catagorizes marijuana as a schedule one drug in the same category as heroin and lsd??? a schedule one drug is listed as not having any medicinal purpose and is totally illegal under federal law. how bout we just get the facts straight. but seriously, watch this movie.

Jersey City, NJ

#475 Sep 9, 2011
adam wrote:
look up this movie: "The Union; the business behind getting high". One of THE best weed films out there. i hate people trying to down weed without even listing any facts other than "it kills your brain cells and memory". watch this movie, it shows that no study has even been done to show that marijuana kills brain cells, and that Pres. Nixon put that out. He got that data from puting gas masks on lab rats and pumping straight cannibas smoke through them for 4 minutes... when your body is starved of oxygen, guess what? the first cells to die are your brain cells. also, india, the leading researching country of cannibas says cannibas can actually enhance brain cells and improve memory in many individuals. and yet people are going to listen to what the U.S. government says?! the same government that catagorizes marijuana as a schedule one drug in the same category as heroin and lsd??? a schedule one drug is listed as not having any medicinal purpose and is totally illegal under federal law. how bout we just get the facts straight. but seriously, watch this movie.
They did that with Rhesus monkeys as well
Sko Dog

Brooklyn, NY

#476 Sep 13, 2011
Arent all Red Carolinians stoned ? Yee haa
Brandon

Sanford, NC

#478 Sep 17, 2011
I think that it should be legalized for only the age of 21 and up

Dover Plains, NY

#479 Sep 18, 2011
Brandon wrote:
I think that it should be legalized for only the age of 21 and up
Just like alcohol. Absolutely
adam

Columbia, SC

#481 Sep 22, 2011
shovelhead wrote:
<quoted text>I agree - that you can't spell.
Maybe you should back away from the wackyweed and save some brain cells.
hey douche bag, check your facts you dumbass (sorry if im being rude). how bout you back up your statement, where'd you even get the idea that marijuana kills your brain cells? i can give you the answer to that, you don't know, you've just heard it from the government and everyone whos against marijuana. If you ACTUALLY paid attention and looked at scientific studies instead of listening to what our government says, you'd realize that india (the leading country in marijuana research) has put out studies that say marijuana can be beneficial to to your brain cells AND prevent and help a number of diseases (Alzheimer’s, Multiple sclerosis, and chronic pain). And why would you even listen to ANYTHING our government says about marijuana when they have marijuana listed as a schedule 1 drug along with lsd, heroin, and meth, witch under federal law states, and i quote, "have no accepted medical use in treatment in the United States and, therefore, may not be prescribed, administered, or dispensed for medical use". yeah. definitely, no medical uses at all. surprising how they say that even though they dont allow any testing on it at all. Lastly, do you even know where they came up with the "fact" that marijuana kills brain cells? in the 60s when nixon was president, him and a team of "scientists" strapped masks to lab rats and pumped marijuana smoke through them for 4 minutes straight, depriving them of oxygen. well guess what cells die first when your body is lacked of oxygen... try your brain cells... yeah. awesome test. like i said, check your facts next time. and feel free to respond.

“Viva Mexico”

Conroe, TX

#482 Sep 22, 2011
i had some brain cells die of natural causes once, but i forgot how many there were. i was busy that day and didn't have time to pay attention.

anyway, i still have some brain cells left, so ya gotta love me.

lol
Blue Boi from NC

Norcross, GA

#484 Sep 27, 2011
Jerry Garcia wrote:
Do you go to the doctor for Aspirin? Do you go to the doctor for Cold Formulas with pseudoepedrine and alcohol in them? All of these -Non-Prescription-drugs have proven lethal to certain individuals. Marijuana in it's 6,000 year old history has never caused a death from inhalation or ingestion. Total Legalization-Taxation-State Distribution is the only sensible way. <quoted text>
I totally agree bro...
matthew

Columbia, SC

#485 Sep 29, 2011
Ryan wrote:
I believe if it for medicinal use only, and it can actually help people than who is to say these people shouldnt be helped?
you are correct why leave those to suffer when their is a cure their is no reason i think thats a criminal act of its own
Joan spark

Europe

#488 Oct 29, 2012
Apply for an Xmas loan now at the low rate of 3% to pay off your debts or establishment now. Full name:, Amount needed:, duration:, country:, country:, sex:,phone number:, purpose of loan: Email: joansparkloanhome19@hotmail.co m

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#489 Nov 10, 2012
Well at Washinghton St. and Colorado finally legalized Mary Jane!!!!
Tiff

Island Park, NY

#490 Jun 25, 2013
Hey how are you I read your post and I agree with you I am a 28 year old mother of 4 young children and I also have epilepsy I have about 4 seizures a month non of the meds work I fall and get hurt all the time I even got a 3rd degree burn about 6months ago my husband cant leave me alone for a min with out being worried and alot of people have told me about the med marijuana but never met anyone who used it I would be really greatfull if u could email me so info on it or how u have felt using it thanks so much hope everything goes well for u !! mstiffanytkk@aol.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Stephen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Berkeley Co. Sheriff Wayne DeWitt released on bond Jan '15 BiteMe 14
News Hanahan police ordered information 'dead zone' ... Jan '15 BiteMe 1
News Berkeley County Sheriff's Office to mingle with... Jan '15 BiteMe 1
News Peagler sworn in as Berkeley County supervisor;... Jan '15 BiteMe 1
Moncks Corner Music Forum (Dec '12) Jan '15 Musikologist 11
Patricia Kennedy Nov '14 DOJ9Investigates 2
News Crime in the County (Oct '14) Oct '14 William Morgan 2
More from around the web

St. Stephen People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE