Seymour

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

I am getting tird of these local media stations not telling like it is. Here's the only place I can find that is real. RIP Mr. Bailey.

http://tinyurl.com/3tu6fjk
town resident

Elm City, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Judged:

that cop defended his life, and he is not getting a paid vaccation. he is going thru hell, because he was forced to use deadly force to defend his own life. remember he was on duty, doing his job. think about it, this man who was under arrest was under arrest for a reason. he then chose to resist arrest yet another time to run, the cop was being drug in baileys truck. that is why he was shot. if someone is draggig me, i would not just do nothing, and get run over. i would do anything neccessary to defend my life. it was almost different , the headline could have been small town cop killed in the line of duty.
Tired of Racist Cops

Sicklerville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Judged:

town resident wrote:
that cop defended his life, and he is not getting a paid vaccation. he is going thru hell, because he was forced to use deadly force to defend his own life. remember he was on duty, doing his job. think about it, this man who was under arrest was under arrest for a reason. he then chose to resist arrest yet another time to run, the cop was being drug in baileys truck. that is why he was shot. if someone is draggig me, i would not just do nothing, and get run over. i would do anything neccessary to defend my life. it was almost different , the headline could have been small town cop killed in the line of duty.
***** PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!*****

Mr. Bailey WAS NOT under arrest. That is why this is a HUGE problem. Mr. Combs did not need to use deadly force on an unarmed man. He wasn't doing his job, because if he was he would have arrested him (which he did not). He has such a negative history that I'm not even sure why Eutawville hired him. PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!! Mr. Bailey's car was parked, never moved and Mr. Bailey was shot in his vehicle. His vehicle is still sitting at the Town Hall as of Saturday. How do I know? When I drove through town to see it for myself I saw his car still sitting there.

So Mr. Combs thinks that he is going through hell?? Is that what he's tell people?? WOW! Well, then he should have thought about that before he murdered someone in the guise of "doing his job". Because of him a wife, children, a family, and a community have been affected (the ones that he has impacted). I don't feel one bit sorry for what he MIGHT be going through, because what the family is experiencing is 1 million times worst.

His behavior WILL NEVER BE acceptable. He is not above the law and MUST PAY for his actions by being locked in jail for the rest of his life in solitary confinement. That is how justice will be served!

These are just my thoughts.
knows to much

Ridgeville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Tired of Racist Cops wrote:
<quoted text>
***** PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!*****
Mr. Bailey WAS NOT under arrest. That is why this is a HUGE problem. Mr. Combs did not need to use deadly force on an unarmed man. He wasn't doing his job, because if he was he would have arrested him (which he did not). He has such a negative history that I'm not even sure why Eutawville hired him. PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!! Mr. Bailey's car was parked, never moved and Mr. Bailey was shot in his vehicle. His vehicle is still sitting at the Town Hall as of Saturday. How do I know? When I drove through town to see it for myself I saw his car still sitting there.
So Mr. Combs thinks that he is going through hell?? Is that what he's tell people?? WOW! Well, then he should have thought about that before he murdered someone in the guise of "doing his job". Because of him a wife, children, a family, and a community have been affected (the ones that he has impacted). I don't feel one bit sorry for what he MIGHT be going through, because what the family is experiencing is 1 million times worst.
His behavior WILL NEVER BE acceptable. He is not above the law and MUST PAY for his actions by being locked in jail for the rest of his life in solitary confinement. That is how justice will be served!
These are just my thoughts.
Thank you for posting your reply to that.. I was just getting ready to when i read yours. Spoken very well and so very true.. Be kinda hard to drag someone down the street when the vehicle never left the parking place. Suprised nobody has added that after the third shot the chief went back into town hall, came back out seconds later with what appeared to be a cup of coffee and sat down like nothing happened. Is this guy even human, i would say probaly not. And no way is he going thru hell, this isn't his first dance.. he has killed before. The only hell he will go thru is the one he burns in. Justice will prevail one way or another..
knows to much

Ridgeville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

town resident wrote:
But the headlines didn't, did it? No cop, true cop, has the right to kill an unarmed man.. I don't care how you twist it, turn it, pull it.. The bottom line is it was MURDER..in the first degree.. and as far as trying to drag the cop down the street.. funny, bernard's truck never left the parking space it was in.. Please, feel free to come up with another bs excuse. And for the cop, he isn't going thru hell, he's been here before.. this is what he does, he has no regard for human life. He's a coward.. So the only hell he will go thru is the one he will burn in..
OMG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

He park on a curve/sidewalk???? Doubtful!!! I meet Mr. Bailey on several occasion and he was as nice as could nice be! I don't think anyone has their facts straight because the facts hasn't been released!! I would rather believe things could have went different and there was no need for him to be killed, but we don't know what all took place! Before placing judgement on either we should know the true facts and not just the rumers.
the facts

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2011

I'm so tired of everyone talking about bernard had only two kids. BERNARD BAILEY had six kids only two was living in the home. Thats the FACTS.
a friend

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2011

Judged:

town resident wrote:
Mr. Bernard would have never hurt anybody or anything. I knew this man very well and he was someone I would have trusted with mine and my childrens lives!!!! How dare you try to put down that Mr. Bernard was a bad person you did NOT know him at all!!! And by the way I am white/american indian... I hope this cop rots in HELL!!! Mr. Bernard did not derserve to go out like this.
evilleresident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

OMG wrote:
He park on a curve/sidewalk???? Doubtful!!!.
He wasn't parked on the CURB/sidewalk - he was in a parking spot...where his truck stayed and where he was shot....I mean murdered. The chief needs to go to prison!!!
Vice_Canine

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

Too bad there weren't witnesses who could've told other cops what happened in the cold blooded murder, and those cops who knew Bailey and what kind of man he was, and they did some brutality on their "new inept" chief.
Baileys friend 4life

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Judged:

town resident wrote:
So....you must be the town drunk or another white "activist" since you apparently have no clue as to why he was at the courthouse that day. Since you're so beligerently dee-dee-dee on the whole matter, i'll enlighten you, dumbass! 1) He was there to request a court date change for his daughter. 2) Last I checked, an officer didn't need a gun to do that, but apparently also felt the need to put himself "in danger" by approaching Bernards truck. 3) Another example of how officers abuse the law and misappropriate and misuse the tools given them. Ex. The officer didn't use his brain. So....that being said, have another drink wine-o, and next time get your facts straight before trying to sound "intelligent" about a subject you know nothing of, but just want to voice your biased and prejudiced (albeit clueless) opinion on. Oh by the way.....i'm white. Hope it hurts. Will miss you Bernard.
Andrew

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2011

I did'nt ,know Bernard, but I knew his father; we all are distance relatives. In this case I trust justic will be done.
the facts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

This could have been handled another way. Why was the warrent taken out for bernard arrest? Yes there was a warrent.
the truth

Kinston, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

It was a disscussion about a ticket court date that his daughter couldnt show up for court because of school exams.The sheriff and bailey got into an arguement then Bailey turns to walk out The sheriff grabs him they wrestle and Bailey resisted and sheriff couldnt subdue Bailey and Bailey kept walking out and disreguarded a law officers command and then the sheriff shot him and he still kept walking shot him again then when Bailey was getting in his truck he was shot the third time keep in mind he was still trying to escape the officer with no reguards to the law and he suffered for it.
the truth

Kinston, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

but i truely agree that you dont pull a gun unless you are trying to subdue a felon or unless they also have a gun, the sheriff should have just called back up and arrested him without deadly force, but i assure you this was not a race issue!!!!
Reason

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

@ The Truth...There is no way you can assure this wasn't a race issue. There is no way you can assure anything because you weren't there. By your own self proclaimed admission Bailey walked away from the cop after the argument. When adults see a situation escalating that's what they do! Bottom line, protocal was not followed. Your facts sound more like speculation but guess what...that cop will have his judgement either way the judge favors
Memphis Blues

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

What was Bailey's vocation?
eville resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

and he gets away with murder. Hopefully the state prosecutor will have more sense than the feds!
the great white beast

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

was bailey shot in the back the first two times if so then that is flat out murder in this city i live in now a cop can not reach inside of a car that is in motion or about to be in motion and can't put himself infront of the criminal to stop the car by using his gun. if that is the way the person said it happen then he had no right to shoot him. now if he shot him while the guy was trying to fight him that is another story. is the cops first name jerry

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent St. Stephen Discussions

Search the St. Stephen Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Apr 11 yeah 1,104
Berkeley County needs poll managers for June pr... Apr 10 Carolyn 1
The local law (Dec '08) Apr 7 Amy 5
3 arrested, 1 at large for Marlboro County crimes Mar 30 is my business 2
Moncks Corner Music Forum (Dec '12) Mar 28 UpWithTheOwls 8
Hunt is on for kidnappers after baby girl found... Mar 24 Joker 3
Review: Church Of The Redeemer Mar '14 fustrated church member 1
•••

Flood Warning for Berkeley County was issued at April 18 at 10:50AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••