County sits on $34 million Glynn Coun...

County sits on $34 million Glynn County's $34 million reserve fund...

There are 1 comment on the Brunswick News story from May 19, 2010, titled County sits on $34 million Glynn County's $34 million reserve fund.... In it, Brunswick News reports that:

County sitting on $34 million 5/19/2010 By NEVIN BATIWALLA The Brunswick News Glynn County's $34 million reserve fund eclipses that of other coastal counties, including one with three times the population.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brunswick News.

Warnin

Brunswick, GA

#1 May 20, 2010
So what! Glynn county government has the money in reserve to protect Glynn County form a disaster. Other counties will have to run to Washington and beg for help should a hurricane hit our coast. Glynn might need help too, but we have a good start on taking care of ourselves. Maybe others should start thinking about what might happen and do a little planning. And if you think it's too much then give it back to the people who pay property tax in proportion to the taxes they paid. If you didn't pay a significant amount in then you don't get anything back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Simons Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
considering moving to the Brunswick area May 30 Raisingbrunswick 11
cornerstone christian correspondence school dip... (Apr '10) May 28 dday 139
School Board Hires....??? May 27 Inquiring Minds 1
Can a police officer get fired for sleeping wit... (Jul '11) May 20 REDNECK 26
My family wants to relocate to a section 8 rent... (Jan '11) May 18 Just Saying 11
Blue Bar/Boondocks (Jan '12) May 17 Danny Noonan 19
News Remembering slain Rolonda Roberts (Sep '07) May 15 ashley roberts 60
More from around the web

St. Simons Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]