First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Doctor Boo Boo

Philadelphia, PA

#43 Dec 9, 2010
Whoever would clean up Model High School. The warden, Dr. Glenn White and his first officer , mr. Stock, or I guess I should say officer Stock, dont want to piss him off, he might accdentally shoot a student run that place like a maximum security prison instead of a High School. Whats up Dr. White? Can they just not cover for ypu anymore man? They know as well as we do that you're a ticking time bomb. Tenure...... Retirement........ Pretty nice way to say terminated psycho! Hopefully you wont cause too many more problems for the students before you are gone. You know they are there to learn and use it as one of their first tools in acheiving the direction that will mold the rest of ther lives. Think about that sir and quit worrying about what you dont like about them. And let the pregnant girl walk across the stage. We know u aint da baby daddy.
Did

Hiawassee, GA

#44 Dec 9, 2010
Voter wrote:
I went to a debate a few days ago. I really didn't know much about any of the candidates going into the debate. Here were my general perceptions of each of the candidates:
* Kira Willis is clearly passionate and probably a stellar teacher. She seems reform minded and not prone to accepting the status quo. She did not interview well though. She did not have many specific or even practical solutions to get her to the place she envisions. She struck me as someone a bit out of her league jumping straight from the classroom to State Supt. She doesn't even have a leadership perspective to draw from, much less a disrict level perspective, and this was very evident in her responses. I did like her an awful lot, but I don't think I'd be confident in her ability to do the job given her lack of experience.
* John Barge seemed knowledgeable about the scope of the job an has a background in both school level and district level administration. He had an almost laser like understanding of the classroom experience and what is inhibiting teachers from staying in public education and finding success. He appeared to be someone who would be a consensus builder and able to work with many types of individuals to accomplish things (unlike Cathy Cox who was at constant odds with the Governor and others).
* Joe Martin seemed by far to be the most experienced and knowledgeable. His responses to the questions were both thoughtful and well reasoned. He seemed to have a broader perspective than the other 2 candidates about education policy as a whole. The only thing is that his demeanor is a real put off. He was pushy and almost rude throughout - both to the moderator and to the audience. My thought was that he would very easily step into some political muck with his personality and not be able to accomplish some of the great things he had on his agenda. Unfortunately, the State Supt. role requires quite a bit of politicking, so that worried me.
I suppose on the whole I liked John Barge best (but if I could have Barge's personality with Martin's skillset, that's be perfect.) Still more research to do, but that's my initial thoughts.
Did you mean "those're my initial thoughts", Dumbo? Get an education, Dipstick. That's my thought.
Ha Ha

Rimersburg, PA

#45 Dec 10, 2010
As long as it isn't a Reed...They run Murray county as it is don't need them on a state level. There is nothing worse than arrogant liars. Who don't care a thing about the kids.
Roll Tide

Maryville, TN

#46 Dec 10, 2010
Georgia's annual state budget is around 16
billion dollars and 60% of that amount goes
to education every single year.
This does not include lottery funds used
for pre-k and hope grant.
Yet we constantly hear how we need more
money for the school system.
Where does over 9 billion dollars go yearly?
I think the edcuational system seriusly needs
to be revamped. It's probably top heavy.
You are

Hiawassee, GA

#48 Dec 10, 2010
Roll Tide wrote:
You're not top heavy, Dumbo. You "seriusly" need to get an education.
belly dancer

Hartsville, SC

#50 Dec 16, 2010
duh ! somebody that can stand up to a man with a gun !
dave

Carrollton, GA

#51 Dec 16, 2010
you see what the hell has happened since some of you voted for someone because of they skin color.America is about to lose everything they have to a foreighn country.DONT VOTE FOR SOMEONE CAUSE THEY BLACK!.
Tax Cuts

United States

#52 Dec 16, 2010
Roll Tide wrote:
Here is a breakdown of where Georgia's budget is allocated.

http://sunshinereview.org/index.php/Georgia_s...
NoSchool

Blue Ridge, GA

#53 Dec 16, 2010
I'll support anyone who has common sense enough to find out why Fannin County schools have been closed for the pat 2 days. It's absolutely ridiculous that the kids were out yesterday and today.
Pat

Hiawassee, GA

#54 Dec 16, 2010
NoSchool wrote:
I'll support anyone who has common sense enough to find out why Fannin County schools have been closed for the pat 2 days. It's absolutely ridiculous that the kids were out yesterday and today.
Thanks for the mention, Dumbo.
Write

Hiawassee, GA

#55 Dec 16, 2010
dave wrote:
you see what the hell has happened since some of you voted for someone because of they skin color.America is about to lose everything they have to a foreighn country.DONT VOTE FOR SOMEONE CAUSE THEY BLACK!.
Write much, Dumbo?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#56 May 15, 2012
with all due respect..

bump
Heffa

Valdosta, GA

#61 May 15, 2012
Does any one care about Jimmy Crackcorn?

“Vainglourious Basterd”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#62 May 15, 2012
Close the pod-bay doors, Hal.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#64 May 15, 2012
Teach People wrote:
Teach People in Columbus and the Valley Area to BOYCOTT every single live music venue. Only attend church choir music performances.
Best of luck with that you silly little (anonymous) man.

--
Under The Radar (for Sam Singer)/ Will Dockery & Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_126...

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#66 May 16, 2012
SCUM wrote:
Only SCUM attends liquor bar juke joint music monkeydom. Decent people only attend CHURCH MUSIC EVENTS.
You forgot to add "in my opinion" you silly little (anonymous) man.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Bill Wockery

Albany, GA

#67 May 16, 2012
lade sowa akon.
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to add "in my opinion" you silly little (anonymous) man.
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Simons Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 12 min rename 55,523
roxys or anything similar? Tue Anonymous 1
Blue Bar/Boondocks (Jan '12) Tue JMO 18
Men Wearing Thongs (Sep '08) Sep 16 javan 243
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Sep 15 The WB 2,055
Golden Corral (Aug '12) Sep 8 crs23 11
Debate: Gay Marriage - Hinesville, GA (Aug '10) Sep 8 crs23 66
•••
•••

St. Simons Island Jobs

•••
•••
•••

St. Simons Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

St. Simons Island News, Events & Info