Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the St. Simons Island Forum

Comments (Page 767)

Showing posts 15,321 - 15,340 of47,456
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Informed Opinion

Amsterdam, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>but was that the first 'time warp' or the second?
Great Post.

I apologize.

I forgot that on Right Wing Wacko Planet there is no such thing as history - how can RWWs be accountable for things that never occurred on their planet ?

I keep forgetting that when RWWs were in charge under Ronne Ray-Gun, it was "Morning in America."

Rau-Gun took the solar panels off the White House to show that we didn't need to worry about alternative energy sources or conservation - the Arabs were our business buddies.

He armed Al Queda and other Right Wing Muslims because after all, everyone knew that crazed Muslim Terrorists who were our version of the Christian Taliban could always be trusted.

He imported cocaine using the CIA and Noriega because, after all, if you can be an illegal arms dealer to fund the overthrow of elected governments,why can't you be an illegal drug dealer too ?

Ray-Gun tripled the national debt because after all, if you bankrupt the country pretending to invent "Star Wars" laser missile defense programs, the military-industrial complex make billions - and as Cheney taught us - budget deficits and debt don't matter if RWWs create them.

Ray-Gun shredded the Constitution so badly that even down here it wouldn't qualify as decent toilet paper.

Damn... if only Right Wing Wacko Planet had a concept called "History" - America wouldn't be subjected to their destructive efforts every other decade or so.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

What wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have such a likeable personality you think people cotton to you in droves huh?
Small minds give word play with symbols of small thoughts of self loathing. You should try to play like an adult and you might get more respect.
Instead of insulting everyone and trying to be king of the hill, you should invite yourself to discuss the issues brought up in this thread, but NO, you want to show you azz with nearly every post.
Wallowing in the mud and expecting to do the same only makes you a mud bug.
+1 well stated.

Yep, the (lack of) class will ultimately show up, just give it a little time. Recent examples below:

"jerk yo-self off chithead!"

"GFY, and your chiteatin' dog, too."

"Btw, GFY,too. And do you have a dog? jus sayin'"
alpha soda Mansell road

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

I've been watching this thread for some time, but not a poster. I have a contribution.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime. We have all heard that line.

The new version overheard in our restaurant:
Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone, free Internet, cash for his clunker, food stamps, section 8 housing, free contraceptives, Medicaid, 99 weeks of unemployment, free medicine and he will vote Democrat the rest of his life, even after hes dead and may be many times.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
+1 well stated.
Yep, the (lack of) class will ultimately show up, just give it a little time. Recent examples below:
Lack of class can be VERY evident without using strong language.

BTW - Why did you steal the Jus' Sayin' tagline that I used to use from me? I gave it up after about a week because I decided it was too stupid and repetitive. Maybe you like stupid and repetitive. Your constant use of "clueless and uneducated" "libroid" "liberace" would be evidence of that, as well as you can have an utter lack of class without cursing.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Right Wingers can draw most bizarre conclusions.
No wonder we cant trust you all to even attempt to think logically.
Illegals should be deported and those who employee them should be imprisoned.
Its you Right Wing Wackos who hate accountability and always want to "move on".
You wanted to "move on" and not prosecute Nixon who committed more felonies in office than could be counted.
You wanted to "move on" after Ronnie Ray-Gun shredded the Constitution and committed felony after felony selling guns to the Taliban, illegally funding rebels in Central and South America, and using Noriega to smuggle more cocaine to American children than Pablo Escobar.
And after Bush lied us into wars that killed hundreds of thousands, bankrupted America, and committed so many War Crimes some of his administration cannot travel abroad for fear of arrest and trial, you want to "move on".
Nope we Normal Americans like accountability.
Own up to it for once for God's sake, and at least pretend you'll hold your own accountable.
Oh wait...
It's Right Wing wackos who runs away from accountability like vampires hide from the sunshine.
Never mind.
The above post is brought to you from the planet "Libroid".

Geeeeee. I don't see criticism of ANY Democrat presidents. Hmmmmm. THOUGHT you consider yourself an Independent. rotfl

The ONLY reason you like Obama is because he sold himself to the Unions. What has he done for you? He protected the unions in the auto industry to pay you back. Since then.....nothing.
He refused to step in in Wisconsin. He felt he had settled the debt.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

alpha soda Mansell road wrote:
I've been watching this thread for some time, but not a poster. I have a contribution.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime. We have all heard that line.
The new version overheard in our restaurant:
Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone, free Internet, cash for his clunker, food stamps, section 8 housing, free contraceptives, Medicaid, 99 weeks of unemployment, free medicine and he will vote Democrat the rest of his life, even after hes dead and may be many times.
I think I liked you better when you didn't post.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this you or me? LoL.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Lack of class can be VERY evident without using strong language.
BTW - Why did you steal the Jus' Sayin' tagline that I used to use from me? I gave it up after about a week because I decided it was too stupid and repetitive. Maybe you like stupid and repetitive. Your constant use of "clueless and uneducated" "libroid" "liberace" would be evidence of that, as well as you can have an utter lack of class without cursing.
What are your views on immigration or did you come on here just to fuss will Bill?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Is this you or me? LoL.
OR both? LOL

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Theology of Liberation
By James H. Cone
http://books.google.com/books...
I have read the preface and the first 18 pages, I cannot pull up any more (apparently the preview function limits the number of sections available), but within these first 18 pages Cone defines what Black Liberation Theology means to him.
As far as I'm concerned both the Preface and the 18 pages that I was able to preview, and the links that I referenced here ( http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g... ) do provide enough context for me to say that the quotes that you find so offensive are presented out-of-context.
I still find it interesting that when you were pressed to provide a source to establish context you were unable to do so, and instead provded a link to a page full of quotes (see soadahead below) that were pulled out of context.
Obviously you see things differently and will continue to do so regardless of anything I present, but what you fail to realize is that I don't care that you are not persauded, it's not about changing your mind.
I truly find myself stunned that you could read what you say you did and not come away with a recognition of the perversion of the Gospel that Cone presents. From his opening statement he redefines what "theology" is in order to make his argument. That is positively Orwellian - and Cone does it repeatedly.

"Theology"
-Merriam-Webster
: the study of religious faith, practice, and experience; especially : the study of God and of God's relation to the world

Cone, A Black Theology of Liberation
Preface to the 1986 Edition
"Theology is not universal language about God. Rather, it is human speech informed by historical and theological traditions, and written for particular times and places. Theology is contextual language - that is, defined by the human situation that gives birth to it. No one can write theology for all times, places, and persons.

=======
Then when he discusses how he will not debate white theologians:
"White theologians wanted me to debate with them about the question of whether "black theology" was real theology, using their criteria to decide the issue. With clever theological sophistication, white theologians define the discipline of theology in the light of the problem of the unbeliever (i.e. the question of the relationship of faith and reason) and thus unrelated to the problem of slavery and racism. Using a white definition of theology, I knew there was no way I could win the debate."
page xvii

"using a white definition" - since when are there different definitions of a word depending on your race?

"Racism is a disease that perverts one's moral sensitivity and distorts the intellect."
page xviii of the 1986 Preface

Is the irony of that completely lost on you?

==========
I WAS hoping to change your mind. I was hoping that your arguing with my questioning of Cone's theology was just a knee jerk support of someone on the Left and that with a little information you would realize you should stop. There are discussions I do not get into on this forum because I either realize I just don't know enough about the subject or I realize I am conflicted on the subject - so best to stay out of it.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
OR both? LOL
HaHa. Syn. You so dang funny.:)

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

If this topic is of any interest to anyone else, below is the first page of Cone's preface to "A Black Theology of LIberation", 1970 Edition

"The reader is entitled to know what to expect in this book. It is my contention that Christiantiy is essentially a religion of liberation. The function of theology is that of analyzing the meaning of that liberation for the oppressed so they can know that their struggle for political, social and economic justice is consistent with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Any message that is not related to the liberation of the poor in a society is not Christ's message. Any theology that is indifferent to the theme of liberation is not Christian theology.
In a society where persons are oppressed because they are black, Christian theology must become black theology, a theology that is unreservedly identified with the goals of the oppressed and seeks to interpret the divine character of their struggle for liberation. "Black theology" is a phrase that is particularly appropriate for contemporary America because of its symbolic power to convey both what whites mean by oppression and what blacks mean by liberation. However, I am convinced that the patterns of meaning centered in the idea of black theology are by no means restricted to the American scene, for blackness symbolizes oppression and liberation in any society.
It will be evident, therefore, that this book is written primarily for the black community, not for whites. Whites may read it and to some degree render an intellectual analysis of it, but an authentic understanding is dependent on the blackness of their existence in the world. There will be no peace in America until whites begin to hate their whiteness, asking from the depths of their being: "How can we become black?" I hope that if enough whites begin to ask this question, this country will no longer be divided on the basis of color. But until then, it is the task of the Christian theologian to do theology in the light of the concreteness of human oppression as expressed in color, and to interpret for the oppressed the meaning of God's liberation in their community."
memememe

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Republicans all the way!
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
+1 well stated.
Does anyone know where I can get some of the "Mr. Bill" skits from SNL- that would most amusing !

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>HaHa. Syn. You so dang funny.:)
HaHa Glad y'all think so.
alpha soda Mansell road

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
You think? Funny one. I never like or read your posts but I read most others. You're dumb as a crate of rocks and bully too much. Must be Napoleon complex.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

alpha soda Mansell road wrote:
<quoted text>
You think? Funny one. I never like or read your posts but I read most others. You're dumb as a crate of rocks and bully too much. Must be Napoleon complex.
"Napoleon Complex" ain't that the one where shorter people feel inferior to taller ones- nother goodun!!(altho, being 6ft.5ins.- I kinda like it!
What

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
If this topic is of any interest to anyone else, below is the first page of Cone's preface to "A Black Theology of LIberation", 1970 Edition
"The reader is entitled to know what to expect in this book. It is my contention that Christiantiy is essentially a religion of liberation.

I need go no further than the "religion of liberation."

This tells me Cone has religion and social justice mixed up in his head.
Nothing could be further from the truth, i.e. "Christianity is the redemption and salvation of souls."

jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

What wrote:
<quoted text>
I need go no further than the "religion of liberation."
This tells me Cone has religion and social justice mixed up in his head.
Nothing could be further from the truth, i.e. "Christianity is the redemption and salvation of souls."
DO you do this kinda stuff for a living, or is it just a pastime????
What

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>DO you do this kinda stuff for a living, or is it just a pastime????
Do you contribute in real life? Or is your life off topix lived in a daze?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 15,321 - 15,340 of47,456
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent St. Simons Island Discussions

Search the St. Simons Island Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 22 hr Paris 2,036
cornerstone christian correspondence school dip... (Apr '10) Jun 30 smh 111
What happened to Kim Devore Jun 29 Curious 1
Klingbeil/Farley murder suicide 2006 (Mar '11) Jun 25 Toni 10
Debate: Marijuana - Hinesville, GA (Sep '10) Jun 22 weavinggoddess 46
Juneteenth festival celebrates freedom Jun 21 Shining Electron 1
Military should have to live on post (Oct '13) Jun 19 Too Dependent 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

St. Simons Island Jobs

•••